Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So, I decided to make a fancy spawn thingie, kinda-sorta based on the pretty thing I built in my server's last world. Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

2015-12-19_18.23.34_zps0vhkoyxe.png

OJ w/C

Jul 29, 2019
So is the Spawner Reprogrammer useful without any way to obtain a spawner? And if not, is there a way in Chromaticraft itself to get one? (And why is it under multiblock casting instead of pylon casting?)

teufler80

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i killed the Dragon serveral times, but i dont get the Archivement for aerial predator. Do the archivement conflict with Hardcore ender expansion or Draconic Evolution ? If yes, is there a way to admin me the archivement ?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i killed the Dragon serveral times, but i dont get the Archivement for aerial predator. Do the archivement conflict with Hardcore ender expansion or Draconic Evolution ? If yes, is there a way to admin me the archivement ?
I see this continues to exist. ;p It's been discussed a few times in this thread that those of us with Hardcore Ender Expansion can't seem to get the achievement, though Reika has been adamant that code-wise, it shouldn't be an issue. I've seen no resolution either way, and ended up needing to uninstall HEE in order to get the achievement personally. Note that for me this was several versions ago, so for all I know this may work properly now. Seeing as I've since learned that I despise the End, it was an easy decision to make for me!

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So is the Spawner Reprogrammer useful without any way to obtain a spawner? And if not, is there a way in Chromaticraft itself to get one? (And why is it under multiblock casting instead of pylon casting?)

No way to get a spawner? Find some dungeons, that's my first thought.

Pick up a spawner, and move it? Maybe there's a tech way, outside of magic :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking that there's an issue reading the FORCEG1GC config option because, in your config, it doesn't currently exist. Maybe try backing up your ChC config file, then deleting it and letting the mod regenerate it? That might solve the issue.

rogue2500

Jul 29, 2019
Should have mentioned that I tried that already. As well as just installing chromaticraft and reikas mods on a separate instance and it still happened. I was using the curse launcher if that changes anything?

teufler80

Jul 29, 2019
So, killing the dragon from draconic evolution (Ritual of draconic ressurection) works for the Chromaticraft archivement.
Now i am wondering how i get crystals from the crystal seeds / bloom ?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The crystal plants are mostly decorative, they only drop seeds relatively rarely. You can harvest them, once the crystal on top is full-grown, by right-clicking on 'em.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
So this happens whenever I create something in the casting table...

2015-12-24_16.20.56.png

As far as I'm seeing the only thing it prevents is particle effects being given off from the casting table. (v10b)

Naeviticus

Jul 29, 2019
10C DragonAPI + 10B Chromaticraft:

Currently I am experiencing the following issues.

1.) Placement of the Mineral Extractor causes the server to go into a loop / crash. There is no crash logs but noone can get back in unless restart server.
2.) Casting Delegate no longer will process any recipes. It shows the recipe, however when you click on the "Active" button, nothing happens.
3.) Crafting items in the Casting Table causes onslaught of errors on the Client.
4.) Lumen Tree appears to be dead to the network. It grows leaves and you can still harvest the leaves, but it will not deliver Lumens to the network when there is demand.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
10C DragonAPI + 10B Chromaticraft:

Currently I am experiencing the following issues.

4.) Lumen Tree appears to be dead to the network. It grows leaves and you can still harvest the leaves, but it will not deliver Lumens to the network when there is demand.
To the best of my knowledge, this is normal behavior. While the Tree will pull Lumens from the network to charge itself, it does not feed Lumens back out for use in rituals or whatever as far as I have ever seen. Rather, for me it's a stationary battery that I can use to recharge my own personal (character) stock in the Manipulator, should I lose it for whatever reason. I know some folks also like to deliberately break the tree after it's fully grown in order to get a bunch of crystal shards out of it, but I've never tried that.

I will of course note that this is personal experience and may or may not be indicative of the true nature of the object.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
To the best of my knowledge, this is normal behavior. While the Tree will pull Lumens from the network to charge itself, it does not feed Lumens back out for use in rituals or whatever as far as I have ever seen. Rather, for me it's a stationary battery that I can use to recharge my own personal (character) stock in the Manipulator, should I lose it for whatever reason. I know some folks also like to deliberately break the tree after it's fully grown in order to get a bunch of crystal shards out of it, but I've never tried that.

I will of course note that this is personal experience and may or may not be indicative of the true nature of the object.
This is entirely incorrect.

Naeviticus

Jul 29, 2019
In version 9, the Lumen tree in my world was an active node within the Network. It received power from the pylons as well as delivered lumen energy to any host that requested it on the connected network.