Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
Stuck on the "other worlds" achievement. I've visited all dimensions and completed all previous achievement tiers. I don't want any spoilers, but I can't think of ANYTHING left to do in pursuit of the dimension.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Notice the tint on the slots.
I'm sorry but that doesn't help, the only tint I see is a bright green to green changing background which doesn't change by dimension or by any combination of removing or adding pendants, no idea what to do from there, my first idea was to get some Aveste as that looked to be the same colour but nothing happened.

On a different note, is there any way to make crystal blooms usable? Currently it seems like they'd take hundreds of plants to get shards in any usable quantity, which considering how much shards I need to actually do anything makes actually crafting anything it makes things rather daunting.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm sorry but that doesn't help, the only tint I see is a bright green to green changing background which doesn't change by dimension or by any combination of removing or adding pendants, no idea what to do from there, my first idea was to get some Aveste as that looked to be the same colour but nothing happened.
You are missing something obvious.

On a different note, is there any way to make crystal blooms usable? Currently it seems like they'd take hundreds of plants to get shards in any usable quantity, which considering how much shards I need to actually do anything makes actually crafting anything it makes things rather daunting.
They are not for farming.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Crystal blooms are not for farming of shards? They don't create more shards of their own color? What does right-clicking them do besides kill the crystal on top?

Am I misunderstanding their purpose? Are they meant purely for aesthetics/light?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You are missing something obvious.

They are not for farming.
So we are meant to use cave crystals as our primary source of shards? Or is there another source then cave crystals and crystal blooms?

As for the pouch, yeah I'm missing something apparently, I have no idea what though as even my attempts to trace things on the github reveal nothing that even looks slightly like it would suppress the effect changing by dimension.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
So we are meant to use cave crystals as our primary source of shards? Or is there another source then cave crystals and crystal blooms?
Broken lumen trees and the item fabricator come to mind.

As for the other thing, mice have more than one button. Hint hint.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Working on a base built from the ground up using nothing but ChromatiCraft blocks in a way that makes it look as though it ought to be something hellaciously powerful...here's what I got, so far:
25831w5.png

I'd wager I'm not even halfway done, yet...whaddya think?

[Though you can't see them, there are crystalline energy stabilizer blocks on either side of the mutichromic rune insets in the walls. Just caught them at the wrong time during their animation...naturally.]

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
As for the other thing, mice have more than one button. Hint hint.
Yes, but trackpads only have two buttons (sometimes one), and some of us map both attack/dig and place/use to keystrokes.

In other words, mods that assume things like middle buttons, or "place block is always right click", etc, have caused me trouble in the past, and I hope that's not what's going on here.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So my question would then be is there a way to disable them automatically? Because having to enter the UI and turn them off is barely better than just moving them into a normal backpack to turn them off as far as the results and effort involved go.

Also agree on a reliance on middle mouse being bad, that's not even a standard feature for mice after all, and just next to non-existent on trackpads.

I'll guess I'll just have to hope my boring machine gives enough when I get it going for shards, because I'm really not a fan of searching for caves so even the crystals I do have are minor, and it looks like I'll need stacke and stacks of them. Maybe the lumen trees or the item fabricator will be useful when I get them, bad luck has meant I'll need a fair few crystal shards before I pull that off though.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So my question would then be is there a way to disable them automatically? Because having to enter the UI and turn them off is barely better than just moving them into a normal backpack to turn them off as far as the results and effort involved go.
I find quite the opposite, and manual detection could be expensive computationally, as it involves lots of iterating over the inventory. It also leads to questions on how to know what slots to enable or disable.

That said, I have an idea.

Also agree on a reliance on middle mouse being bad, that's not even a standard feature for mice after all, and just next to non-existent on trackpads.
I have not seen a two-button mouse since 2001.

OJ w/C

Jul 29, 2019
Would I be correct in believing the fragment for the crystal repeater recipe is gated behind Aerial Predator? I ask because while there is no line connecting Aerial Predator and Broadcasting, I can't think of anything else I could do/make to unlock the fragment (and resetting the End is a bit difficult because people have built structures that require being in the End; I would prefer if the dragon could be summoned by destroying x amount of ender crystals in a certain amount of time or similar mechanic instead of the config to reset the End, but that isn't really my call).

OJ w/C

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know. So, I started going through the book again, making things seemed they might be related, and unlocked it after crafting an item I know for certain I made before (I assume that's what unlocked it). Maybe I didn't have some prerequisite the first time, but whatever; at least I know I can progress again.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I find quite the opposite, and manual detection could be expensive computationally, as it involves lots of iterating over the inventory. It also leads to questions on how to know what slots to enable or disable.
There's no way to mark pendants as being in an aura pouch and just have them not trigger in that case? Currently you seem to filter purely by whether the slot is active which could be an issue, bleh. Maybe some kind of protection pendant or something then? "This pendant is sensitive to the corrupting influence of the nether and disables nearby crystals if worn" or whatever? Although maybe you don't want to provide protection against nether cave crystals?

I can inform you I have seen two button mice though, I mean mainly in the two buttons + non-clickable scroll wheel and they're not exactly good mice obviously but they exist, the trackpad thing is still a case against middle click though, middle click is just a pain to fake on them. If you do have something that relies on middle click though I am never figuring it out.