Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on a server with a previously loaded map. It has a world border, but still has not been thoroughly explored, and still can generate new chunks. Chromaticraft was just recently added to the modpack we play on, and although some pylons have appeared in new chunks, not all colors are present, and that fact is hindering progression through the mod. We cannot increase the world border, as the server's hardware is limited. Is there a way to build new pylons throughout the world that match natural ones in power? I know you've said DO NOT MOVE PYLONS, but is building new ones an option?

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on a server with a previously loaded map... Is there a way to build new pylons throughout the world that match natural ones in power? I know you've said DO NOT MOVE PYLONS, but is building new ones an option?

There is a config option in Chromaticraft (unless it doesn't do what it sounds like it describes) called "Retrogeneration". I imagine enabling this and restarting the server would generate the chromaticraft structures in your generated world, to include pylons. BEWARE, if this functions the way it sounds, it could very well plop a pylon on your base, or a burrow inside an underground building you've dug. I'd wait for Reika to confirm what I'm saying is true before proceeding, but that's typically how retro-type config options work.

The second part of your question is negative. He did not allow for that because it would be too simple to just build the correct color pylons right where you want them, negating the need for repeaters.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm doubtful there is any way to make an 'artifical' pylon. I remember from Reika's 1.7.10 world tour that was a feature that had been requested, but implemented in a somewhat different way. The reasoning being that it wasn't useful. Early game it'd break progression, and late game it'd be practically useless anyway. (I might be slightly mis-remembering or paraphrasing here.)

It'd still be theoretically possible, if the map isn't fully explored to find at least 1 of each pylon, the problem would more be transfering the power home and hoping no-one vandalises the pylon and/or repeaters you are using.

EDIT: As to retrogen.. I'm under the impression it's not finished, hence why I didn't mention it above, and that it sounds like he's not the only person playing on that server. (possibly a fairly significant amount).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am playing on a server with a previously loaded map. It has a world border, but still has not been thoroughly explored, and still can generate new chunks. Chromaticraft was just recently added to the modpack we play on, and although some pylons have appeared in new chunks, not all colors are present, and that fact is hindering progression through the mod. We cannot increase the world border, as the server's hardware is limited. Is there a way to build new pylons throughout the world that match natural ones in power? I know you've said DO NOT MOVE PYLONS, but is building new ones an option?
No. And retrogen is broken and highly recommended against. I recommend you delete the majority of non-populated chunks with a tool like MCEdit.

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
No. And retrogen is broken and highly recommended against. I recommend you delete the majority of non-populated chunks with a tool like MCEdit.
Broken how? Broken in the sense that it generates structures wherever it pleases (in regards to populated areas like bases and spawns), or broken in the sense that it corrupts chunks/screws with mapping/etc.?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Broken how? Broken in the sense that it generates structures wherever it pleases (in regards to populated areas like bases and spawns), or broken in the sense that it corrupts chunks/screws with mapping/etc.?
Generates multiple times in some locations and not at all in others, adds debug blocks all over the place, and makes your performance go down the toilet.

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
Generates multiple times in some locations and not at all in others, adds debug blocks all over the place, and makes your performance go down the toilet.
You mentioned deleting chunks, but that would just create void. How would you delete in such a way that they can regenerate with new terrain?

Separately* Can you think of any methods of lumen generation that rivals the natural pylons, but isn't game breaking? No one on the server wants a map reset, but we need all of the pylon colors for further progression.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
You mentioned deleting chunks, but that would just create void. How would you delete in such a way that they can regenerate with new terrain?
Using mcedit as he said. The chunks are removed as they are and then when someone visits them again they are created fresh and new and with current generation in mind.

marco6971

Jul 29, 2019
You can just use a mystcraft or a RFtools world, obviously activating the structures generation in the config

Chista

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to create an energy Crystal, but it seems I'm doing something wrong. I'm just not at all sure what. Not sure if it's a bug, or just me being a plain goof.

Additionally; Hardcore Ender expansion blocks progress in ChromatiCraft as it overwrites the dragon with one that does not allow unlocking the exploration linked to killing the dragon.

Attachments

• 2015-11-12_11.57.39.png
    2015-11-12_11.57.39.png
    368.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2015-11-12_11.57.58.png
    2015-11-12_11.57.58.png
    832.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Trying to create an energy Crystal, but it seems I'm doing something wrong. I'm just not at all sure what. Not sure if it's a bug, or just me being a plain goof.
You have the recipe wrong.

Additionally; Hardcore Ender expansion blocks progress in ChromatiCraft as it overwrites the dragon with one that does not allow unlocking the exploration linked to killing the dragon.
I specifically accounted for that.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I had the same issue. Reika's said that he has accounted for it, but it never triggered for me at all, I had to just uninstall Hardcore Ender Expansion. Your choice to make, I suppose!

Chista

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see if the server owner can upgrade versions for the ender dragon issue, killed it just yesterday so i guess the version may be at fault, considering we last upgraded 4 weeks ago. I read over the Y=0 part it seems =S Silly me

Didnt help me much at all anyway, trying to figure out if my ley lines are functional but i'm not getting any sort of feedback from lines after 300 or so blocks =S no matter how many pylons i spam down. Was hoping the storage charger and crystal would work when troubleshooting, no such luck. (i'm counting manhattan 3D for the distance between pylons, but it still seems something isnt right, as pylons with 28 distance in between abruptly seem to stop working when crossing the 300 block mark, nothing but air in between.)

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'll see if the server owner can upgrade versions for the ender dragon issue, killed it just yesterday so i guess the version may be at fault, considering we last upgraded 4 weeks ago. I read over the Y=0 part it seems =S Silly me

Didnt help me much at all anyway, trying to figure out if my ley lines are functional but i'm not getting any sort of feedback from lines after 300 or so blocks =S no matter how many pylons i spam down. Was hoping the storage charger and crystal would work when troubleshooting, no such luck. (i'm counting manhattan 3D for the distance between pylons, but it still seems something isnt right, as pylons with 28 distance in between abruptly seem to stop working when crossing the 300 block mark, nothing but air in between.)
Distances are pythagorean, not taxicab.

Chista

Jul 29, 2019
Distances are pythagorean, not taxicab.

Then it definitely can't be the distance between the pillars. I'll keep looking, there's gotta be something. Assuming I don't have to chunkload the pylons (though mod spotlights say I don't so...), in which case I'd be out of luck. No chunkloaders present.

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Any particular reason why, after using a journeymap teleport, logging in/out, or jetpacking somewhere far(ish) away from home base, that the pylon network goes down? I have the config enabled to chunk load pylons after they've been linked up, but this requires me to fly back out to the 16 pylons to get the repeaters to pick them back up and xmit back to home base.

Causes a desktop crash if I try to cast a recipe in the table if I haven't visited them all beforehand and "clicked" to ensure they're all connected to the complex.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I planned to finish automating my chroma tree farm tonight. That won't happen, though, because I am having way too much fun with the Crystal Orchestra. One thing, though: does it have an "undo" function? It's quite annoying to have tapped out a long tune and have to redo it because of a misclick.

Also, minor bug report: The high F note still produces a buzz sound even if you have all 16 crystals surrounding the Orchestra.

Last edited: