Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you don't have a fragment for *anything* you can craft with the casting table? Basic crafting should be the next step. I recall a few crafting recipes for simple things like the chroma collector or crystal lamps became available very early. Also, the manipulator *is* charged by pointing it at a pylon node and holding the RMB. Targeting is a little finicky though, so that may be the problem, and you must be somewhat close to the pylon, almost as close as to take damage. It is charging if the corresponding color section in the color wheel that comes up while you're holding the manipulator is filling up.

I finally managed to get this thing to work, it is weird but it seems you need to get to a particular point in the pylon to get the achievement, I was always climbing to the top, but when i fell down to the middle of the pylon when trying to charge that wand I got like 5 achievements at once. And now I can craft the lamp :)

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else has been having this issue, so I figured I would post here... Is anyone running Tropicraft and Chromaticraft in the same pack? We are running this, and there are no bugs or errors, but the Rainbow Forest biome seems to be overwritten with a tropicraft biome. It still says Rainbow Forest when you hit F3, but the biomes are all full of tropicraft trees, and spawn gobs of tropicraft mobs, outside of the actual dimension. This makes finding rainbow trees rather difficult too, since nothing but the tropicraft trees spawn in the biome.

I presume this is some sort of issue with biome IDs.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't know if anyone else has been having this issue, so I figured I would post here... Is anyone running Tropicraft and Chromaticraft in the same pack? We are running this, and there are no bugs or errors, but the Rainbow Forest biome seems to be overwritten with a tropicraft biome. It still says Rainbow Forest when you hit F3, but the biomes are all full of tropicraft trees, and spawn gobs of tropicraft mobs, outside of the actual dimension. This makes finding rainbow trees rather difficult too, since nothing but the tropicraft trees spawn in the biome.

I presume this is some sort of issue with biome IDs.
That certainly does sound like a biome ID conflict, although Reika's mods are pretty good about making sure you know that there is such a conflict when it happens (by crashing the came on startup with a message saying exactly what went wrong), so I'd be a bit surprised if that was actually the case.

Look in your ChC and Tropicraft config files for the IDs of the biomes they use. It's possible that you could be getting these effects if the Rainbow Forest biome ID is exactly 128 greater or less than one of TropiCraft's biomes, so pay special attention to that.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
well, it looks like that's the issue. Chromaticraft gave me all sorts of errors previously, which required me to change some IDs, and it looks like for some reason ChC didn't catch any conflicts with Tropicraft. Two of the tropicraft biome IDs were overriding ChC biomes, so I'm changing that to see if it fixes.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
well, it looks like that's the issue. Chromaticraft gave me all sorts of errors previously, which required me to change some IDs, and it looks like for some reason ChC didn't catch any conflicts with Tropicraft. Two of the tropicraft biome IDs were overriding ChC biomes, so I'm changing that to see if it fixes.
TropicCraft is doing something weird with the biomes. It is registering them in PostLoad or something? Ping the dev here.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, TropicCraft definitely does some off stuff with biomes; i downloaded a mod that specifically spits out ID conflicts for information, and it doesn't even register any tropiccraft IDs as conflicting, despite the fact that they definitely do.

shadoxxHD

Jul 29, 2019
i have problems getting knowledge fragments from villagers in v8g. when i looked on github, the responsible code segment was commented out. is this intended? if yes, what was the last version you could get fragments from villagers? if not, could you fix it pls?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I decided to fire up a new world today, looking at the file creation dates my previous world was created October 14th of last year. At some point while looking for a place to settle I found a shimmering sapling (shiny). Before I planted it in survival I decided to experiment with one in creative for a bit to see what it did, and noticed that its leaves never decay naturally. Judging by the code this looks intentional; is there a reason for this, or is it an accidental artifact from some testing phase?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I decided to fire up a new world today, looking at the file creation dates my previous world was created October 14th of last year. At some point while looking for a place to settle I found a shimmering sapling (shiny). Before I planted it in survival I decided to experiment with one in creative for a bit to see what it did, and noticed that its leaves never decay naturally. Judging by the code this looks intentional; is there a reason for this, or is it an accidental artifact from some testing phase?
Because they generate in odd shapes and would probably decay naturally.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed I can't find any ender/rainbow forests in an ATG SSP world I have been playing with. I saw the atg api is used in CrC, does it have to be added to the generator config also?

Should it look like this?
D:"Chromaticraft-enderforest"=1.0
D:"Chromaticraft-rainbowforest"=1.0

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I noticed I can't find any ender/rainbow forests in an ATG SSP world I have been playing with. I saw the atg api is used in CrC, does it have to be added to the generator config also?

Should it look like this?
D:"Chromaticraft-enderforest"=1.0
D:"Chromaticraft-rainbowforest"=1.0
They automatically show up, but in my experience only in tiny scattered fragments.