Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have a question regarding world rifts and Ender IO. Item conduits don't seem to connect, but that's not a huge issue (pneumatic item pumps work fine), my main question is what would happen if I were to put, for instance, the output of a tank of pyrotheum through the same side as energy conduits? Would they both come out the appropriate side, would they choose destination sides randomly, or would something break?
That would work. Also, item support is directional. You need to pick a side for item input.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I found a water temple! I wasn't sure what to expect, so I came in with full iron equipment. (I'm still really early-game, and I found it by chance while looking for beehives.)

I wasn't expecting the floor to give way.
I wasn't expecting to find some sort of mysterious energy orb.
And I REALLY wasn't expecting it to drop me about 30 blocks into Lava.
Well done, Reika! Your mod has claimed its first of what will likely be many of my lives!

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I found a water temple! I wasn't sure what to expect, so I came in with full iron equipment. (I'm still really early-game, and I found it by chance while looking for beehives.)

I wasn't expecting the floor to give way.
I wasn't expecting to find some sort of mysterious energy orb.
And I REALLY wasn't expecting it to drop me about 30 blocks into Lava.
Well done, Reika! Your mod has claimed its first of what will likely be many of my lives!
Hah, good to see I'm not the only one who had a similar experience when I first found one of these!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That, my friends, is why I only really start getting in ChC when I have flight. That, and it makes finding pylons a LOT easier.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I've been completely stumped in terms of progression in ChromatiCraft for a while now.

How do you do the following?: Unity of the Elements, Broadcasting, Lumen Storage, and Painful Loss.

TheNodop

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I feel a bit dumb for asking this, but I progressed pretty far in ChromatiCraft. But now I'm stuck at "Recharge". I can't craft the power crystals, and I can't unlock more fragments.
I haven't unlocked anything from "Endgame" right now.
Their is a third stage of progression, hard stopping players who rush, but I didn't do so, maybe I just haven't found the right thing to craft?
Or what did I do wrong?
It would be really cool if you could help me.

It's a really great mod. :)

Edit: I figured out that I need the Fragment "Dimping"(when using chromaresearch -3) or "Elemental Sonar"(the Fragment Name) But why can't I get this to unlock endgame? o.o

Edit2: Could it be that that Fragment is gated behind the dimension? Because the Information for "Elemental Sonar" mentiones the crystal portal and "the Dimension" as if I had already visited "the Dimension"

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hello, I feel a bit dumb for asking this, but I progressed pretty far in ChromatiCraft. But now I'm stuck at "Recharge". I can't craft the power crystals, and I can't unlock more fragments.
I haven't unlocked anything from "Endgame" right now.
Their is a third stage of progression, hard stopping players who rush, but I didn't do so, maybe I just haven't found the right thing to craft?
Or what did I do wrong?
It would be really cool if you could help me.

It's a really great mod. :)

Edit: I figured out that I need the Fragment "Dimping"(when using chromaresearch -3) or "Elemental Sonar"(the Fragment Name) But why can't I get this to unlock endgame? o.o

Edit2: Could it be that that Fragment is gated behind the dimension? Because the Information for "Elemental Sonar" mentiones the crystal portal and "the Dimension" as if I had already visited "the Dimension"
That fragment is indeed gated behind dimension entry....and we have a dependency loop. So v8g it is.... >_<

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a secret key to being able to turbocharge pylons? I have the central unit and the Ring that is connected by a band of light, put left clicking the central unit does nothing?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I did as the lexicon says. Can see the sky and clear around them and eight blocks below the pylon block. I guess how clear must they be? And is it you place the ring then the center piece or visit versa?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I did as the lexicon says. Can see the sky and clear around them and eight blocks below the pylon block. I guess how clear must they be? And is it you place the ring then the center piece or visit versa?
Placement order does not matter. As for "how clear", a 5x3x5 cube bottom-centered on the block needs to be air.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
Turbocharging appears to fail if I don't use the Pylon focus blocks like in the video. Are we supposed to butcher 32 pylons just to charge 16? Or is there a legit way to craft these blocks?

stigimon

Jul 29, 2019
hello i am pretty far in progress in chromaticraft and i now need to unlock the endgame section, but i dont even know how to unlock it. i have all achievements in the achievement tab till "Top-tier Crafting" and i did even unloch and i have some info fragments left but i can`t see the info fragments. do i need to craft more in the casting table or maybe it is a bug? hope for some help :)

traktorist1995

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem with tier 3 casting table (casting temple). when i'm trying to craft "crystal repeater" recipe is visible but result is crossed by red circle with stripe and it's impossible to start crafting.could you say me what is it caused by and how to fix it?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Turbocharging appears to fail if I don't use the Pylon focus blocks like in the video. Are we supposed to butcher 32 pylons just to charge 16? Or is there a legit way to craft these blocks?

First, I thought pylons could not be destroyed in survival, only in creative.
Second, you've been saying that once you really need them, you need more of them than you actually have, even with them regenerating fast enough for a multiplayer server without someone hogging/draining it all.

Yet now, if I'm reading this correctly, you are saying that in order to speed up one pylon, you have to destroy two others -- which makes a nice balance, by the way -- yet ruins the scalability for a multiplayer server unless there is something else going on that I don't know about (which is very, very likely).