Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
For a minute there, I was worried that the constant screen white-outs would be a permanent thing, which might be jarring and obnoxious enough that I would just avoid doing that if at all possible. But, then it stopped, so it's OK.

I gotta ask (and pardon my ignorance here), is there anything in ChC that actually needs more lumens that a pylon (or sixteen) with eight power crystals can provide?
Well...I do not implement useless things. :p

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm... So Power crystals jump the power regen rate by around 1k... I'm assuming this multiplies that by another 1k (or whatever the number actually is) or a different multiplier amount. All I can say is generating nether stars, or whatever in seconds using the crystal network if you manage to avoid using multi-aura repeaters will be possible.

I can't wait to see what you have in store with this in terms of uses.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hmm... So Power crystals jump the power regen rate by around 1k... I'm assuming this multiplies that by another 1k (or whatever the number actually is) or a different multiplier amount. All I can say is generating nether stars, or whatever in seconds using the crystal network if you manage to avoid using multi-aura repeaters will be possible.

I can't wait to see what you have in store with this in terms of uses.
A turbocharged pylon has 6x the capacity and 10x the throughput. A turbocharged repeater has 5x the throughput and dramatically reduced (for normal repeaters, zero) loss.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
A turbocharged pylon has 6x the capacity and 10x the throughput. A turbocharged repeater has 5x the throughput and dramatically reduced (for normal repeaters, zero) loss.
Wait, you can turbocharge repeaters too? Neat!

I gotta ask, though: Does anything extraordinarily bad happen if you break one of the turbocharging crystal things during the process of after it's complete?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, you can turbocharge repeaters too? Neat!

I gotta ask, though: Does anything extraordinarily bad happen if you break one of the turbocharging crystal things during the process of after it's complete?
Ooo, ooo, have it spread chroma like an ink stain. Nothing says 'no touch' like a portion of the landscape permanently pink.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Uh-huh... uh... looks like it spawns a lightning bolt at the location of the pylon tile entity, damages nearby players, and does a bunch more things that I can't figure out. Some of it's probably some graphical shenanigans.

I'll just wait and test it if I remember.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
As a joking aside, why do you hate Tahara crystals so much. They are used in almost every recipe. Thus they are always gone.. so... so very gone.
Once you get to the lumen storage research stage, you'll find crystal shards are actually quite a plentiful, renewable resource. Takes a bit of brute force to harvest them, though.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
What means is that? Farming lumen trees?
Indeed. I accidentally broke one of the "trunk" blocks of a fully charged lumen tree once and was rewarded with ~2 full inventories of various charged and uncharged crystal shards.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, duly noted. Yeah, its a bit brutish, buuuuuuut it'd be a fair way to shore up your reserves. Costs a lot, but fair turnover.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just plant more of those trees?

(It's a tree. Of course you can plant more, harvest them, etc. If you're a tree, you grow. It's what you do. If you want to play Minecraft, you chop a tree. It's what you do. :)