Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I know that I can scroll around and I also have killed the ender dragon and the wither.

I have crafted every item from the book multiple times and I also got nearly every available achievement, which are shown in the book.
Well, if you are willing to have spoilers, type /chromaresearch -3 and /chromaprog -3 and post the results here.

Reactions: SourC00lguy

Akatar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you are willing to have spoilers, type /chromaresearch -3 and /chromaprog -3 and post the results here.

WPehUD8.png

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
How do you craft Iridescent crystal shards? I have made the raw crystal shards then dropped a stack of them in a full reservoir of liquid chroma. Since then they have been sitting there for about 10 minutes with no results, am I missing something or do they just take a long time to absorb the chroma?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
How do you craft Iridescent crystal shards? I have made the raw crystal shards then dropped a stack of them in a full reservoir of liquid chroma. Since then they have been sitting there for about 10 minutes with no results, am I missing something or do they just take a long time to absorb the chroma?
You need to infuse them. :p

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use a resevoir? They aren't talking about thr RoC one right?

Also odd question. Just say you where foolish enoug to generate a world without dungeons or make them stupidly rare how are you supposed to reasonably progress? How long did you intend players to wait to play with your mod?
Because the main block for me atm seems to be the rarity (probably self imposed) of dungeons. Supposedly if a pylon kills a mob aparently a reserch note drops, but I have NEVER seen this happen so I didn't bother utilizing that mechanic.
I could imagine this in a multiplayer scenario where you have one jerk cleaning out all the dungeons in a 5000 block radius becomeing the Chroma King blocking all access to your mod on that server.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
You need to infuse them. :p
I'll.. I'll just go now how I didn't see that is beyond me...... I even had one of those things in my ME system....

Also as an aside is there any automated way of getting purification powder, mainly for power crystals. Things I have tried are the boring machine, mining well, miningwellplus. Note that the quarry has no problems breaking the dust ores, but the rock flower which drops the purification powder just gets destroyed and drops nothing.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Mighty try seeing if they can be acquired thru silk touch and use it to key a digital miner. That's what I do with the cave crystals.

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
Mighty try seeing if they can be acquired thru silk touch and use it to key a digital miner. That's what I do with the cave crystals.
They are not affected by silk touch or shears, but they do have an very high drop rate when used with bedrock pickaxe. I suppose I could make a frame quarry that used a ton of autonomous activators with bedrock pickaxes

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
FRAME MINERAL EXTRACTOR! (actually is that safe? I know how touchy your tile entities are. I'd be using remain in motion)

Also yet another face-palm by me... Forgot about that as well and I was excited to try that out. I just need to figure out how that... small repeater things (lumens?) work since I assume it runs off of that much like the elemental farmer. All I have seen about them is they must be at right angles to each other.

As a joking aside, why do you hate Tahara crystals so much. They are used in almost every recipe. Thus they are always gone.. so... so very gone.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
As a joking aside, why do you hate Tahara crystals so much. They are used in almost every recipe. Thus they are always gone.. so... so very gone.

Digiminer with silk touch enabled and a RoC grinder. You end up with a dozen shards per crystal, which adds up quite quickly. I agree that tahara shards are used a lot.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Not sure if anyone has posted this, but as I like to build in Minecraft, I suggest you leave room for creativity in your casting rooms. Maybe add the ability to customize what type of block (excluding mineral blocks) goes where, and maybe add a lighter variant of the stone? Just a thought.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Speaking of that, could you make it so if a block moves it drops itself in hopes to stop corruption?
No, because most of these tools are explicitly designed not to let the tile know it is being moved.

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but as I like to build in Minecraft, I suggest you leave room for creativity in your casting rooms. Maybe add the ability to customize what type of block (excluding mineral blocks) goes where, and maybe add a lighter variant of the stone? Just a thought.
That is both nearly impossible to implement - how do I screen for reasonable blocks? - and completely defeats the purpose of requiring a structure.

It almost sounds like a more watered-down version of this...

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
That is both nearly impossible to implement - how do I screen for reasonable blocks? - and completely defeats the purpose of requiring a structure.

It almost sounds like a more watered-down version of this...
Sorry for wasting your time. :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For a minute there, I was worried that the constant screen white-outs would be a permanent thing, which might be jarring and obnoxious enough that I would just avoid doing that if at all possible. But, then it stopped, so it's OK.

I gotta ask (and pardon my ignorance here), is there anything in ChC that actually needs more lumens that a pylon (or sixteen) with eight power crystals can provide?