Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Uh-huh... uh... looks like it spawns a lightning bolt at the location of the pylon tile entity, damages nearby players, and does a bunch more things that I can't figure out. Some of it's probably some graphical shenanigans.

I'll just wait and test it if I remember.

I see "rock the screen of creative mode players", "Attack all non-creative players", and "Pretend to attack all non-player entities".

... ohh, and it looks like it will do damage based on your maximum amount of hearts, so if you've gotten buffed out to 20 hearts, you'll take more damage than a normal 10 heart person.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Can't you just plant more of those trees?

(It's a tree. Of course you can plant more, harvest them, etc. If you're a tree, you grow. It's what you do. If you want to play Minecraft, you chop a tree. It's what you do. :)
It's more akin to a multiblock battery for lumens. I don't know for sure, but i'm sure you could set up the structure again (possibly needing new parts) and it'll start growing leaves again.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
And several million lumens down the drain. :p
10 million of each to be precise. It'll recharge within a few hours anyway.

It seems wasteful, but I recall doing that generated about as many crystal shards as quarrying a 1024^2 area of a mystcraft cave age below y=64.
It's more akin to a multiblock battery for lumens. I don't know for sure, but i'm sure you could set up the structure again (possibly needing new parts) and it'll start growing leaves again.
Breaking any part of the structure other than the leaves will cause the multiblock to deform and every single leaf will pop off. You can put whichever block you broke back and the multiblock should reform, just empty of lumens this time.

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to have pylons spawn not so close to each other? I feel as if they are very close at the moment on my server.

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm getting a "Ticking block entity" error from a crystal pylon in my world after updating Chromaticraft from v8a to v8b. It's not much of a problem for me since I can either stay with v8a or destroy the block before updating to v8b. Figured I should say something about it though.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't do that.

Time: 8/31/15 9:55 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.updateEntity()V
at net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.updateEntity_DAPIRelay(TileEntity.java)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: CCchroma.pylon // Reika.ChromatiCraft.TileEntity.Networking.TileEntityCrystalPylon
Block type: ID #1528 (tile.crystal.pylon // Reika.ChromatiCraft.Block.BlockCrystalPylon)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Block location: World: (386,133,-303), Chunk: (at 2,8,1 in 24,-19; contains blocks 384,0,-304 to 399,255,-289), Region: (0,-1; contains chunks 0,-32 to 31,-1, blocks 0,0,-512 to 511,255,-1)
Actual block type: ID #1528 (tile.crystal.pylon // Reika.ChromatiCraft.Block.BlockCrystalPylon)
Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Stacktrace:

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Towns
All players: 0 total; []
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1105 Drop: 0
Level seed: 182164188
Level generator: ID 04 - ATG, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (624,108,252), Chunk: (at 0,6,12 in 39,15; contains blocks 624,0,240 to 639,255,255), Region: (1,0; contains chunks 32,0 to 63,31, blocks 512,0,0 to 1023,255,511)
Level time: 10027958 game time, 11613532 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 19395 (now: false), thunder time: 38502 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is there a way to have pylons spawn not so close to each other? I feel as if they are very close at the moment on my server.
You will be expressing exactly the opposite complaint when you need them.

So I'm getting a "Ticking block entity" error from a crystal pylon in my world after updating Chromaticraft from v8a to v8b. It's not much of a problem for me since I can either stay with v8a or destroy the block before updating to v8b. Figured I should say something about it though.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't do that.

Time: 8/31/15 9:55 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.updateEntity()V

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: CCchroma.pylon // Reika.ChromatiCraft.TileEntity.Networking.TileEntityCrystalPylon
Block type: ID #1528 (tile.crystal.pylon // Reika.ChromatiCraft.Block.BlockCrystalPylon)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Block location: World: (386,133,-303), Chunk: (at 2,8,1 in 24,-19; contains blocks 384,0,-304 to 399,255,-289), Region: (0,-1; contains chunks 0,-32 to 31,-1, blocks 0,0,-512 to 511,255,-1)
Actual block type: ID #1528 (tile.crystal.pylon // Reika.ChromatiCraft.Block.BlockCrystalPylon)
Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Stacktrace:

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Towns
All players: 0 total; []
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1105 Drop: 0
Level seed: 182164188
Level generator: ID 04 - ATG, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (624,108,252), Chunk: (at 0,6,12 in 39,15; contains blocks 624,0,240 to 639,255,255), Region: (1,0; contains chunks 32,0 to 63,31, blocks 512,0,0 to 1023,255,511)
Level time: 10027958 game time, 11613532 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 19395 (now: false), thunder time: 38502 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
Are you using v8b of DragonAPI?

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019
I am indeed, v8b for all mods I have installed of yours (where applicable: Rotarycraft, Chromaticraft, and DragonAPI).

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The idea of using a new ASM subroutine call to hide all the tile entity conditionals?

... grr. By any chance, is it because of obfuscation? (Only thing I can think of that differs in dev)

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, just use v8a until I release v8c tomorrow.

@keybounce, your idea worked...only in the dev environment.

Here I am not paying much attention for a few days due to work, and V8c is already on the way... Ohwell, at least I get to look forward to doing nifty new things in chromaticraft!

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
there should be a way to keep the turbocharging effect permanently, so that it can be used as decor. those things look absolutely awesome during the turbocharging, it would be great for big builds, although the screen whiteouts might be a bit jarring. maybe have like, sunglasses that could be equiped in helmet slot or something that, when used , stop the screen whiteout effect?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
there should be a way to keep the turbocharging effect permanently, so that it can be used as decor. those things look absolutely awesome during the turbocharging, it would be great for big builds, although the screen whiteouts might be a bit jarring. maybe have like, sunglasses that could be equiped in helmet slot or something that, when used , stop the screen whiteout effect?
The effect being run continuously would not be good for performance.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
The effect being run continuously would not be good for performance.
i know, but still, maybe if you have a very good computer, you would be able to run it? and it could just be optional, if it causes lag then you could just tear it down.

Helios_Noname

Jul 29, 2019
I have made the awful mistake of using Ted's Realistic Worldgen alongside Chromaticraft.

Due to this, no Chromaticraft biomes or hidden structures seem to spawn, with only trees and pylons being properly generated. Are any of the structures required to progress and unlock further research, or will I be able to continue in my world sans Barrows and Ocean Temples?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have made the awful mistake of using Ted's Realistic Worldgen alongside Chromaticraft.

Due to this, no Chromaticraft biomes or hidden structures seem to spawn, with only trees and pylons being properly generated. Are any of the structures required to progress and unlock further research, or will I be able to continue in my world sans Barrows and Ocean Temples?
With no Rainbow Forest and no structures, early game progression will be painfully slow and late-game progression is impossible.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Do the structures generate in created ages? I'm also using Realistic World Gen and had intended to use RFTools to access Rainbow Forests (though I did find an area of Rainbow Forest in the overworld that was about 9X9, but it was in the middle of a river, so no trees, etc...this was after exploring several thousand blocks in search of a place to live, however.)

I do know I found a ton of little Chromaticraft light thingies in a desert (which was somewhat frustrating since I was trying to find those Thaumcraft flowers that give blaze powder, which are easiest to spot at night since they give off light), and I was under the impression those had something to do with some of the hidden structures.

Are those structures biome dependent? I'm not sure why else they wouldn't spawn (RWG does use standard ocean biomes, I believe, so I'd think the ocean temples at least should spawn.)

I did find a couple messed up pylons when using RWG, which I've never seen before, but figured it was an issue with RWG, not Chromaticraft, so I didn't want to waste your time reporting it.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
I know for a fact that the surface burrows spawn in RWG, I played it in my old single player world. I had the most luck finding them near rivers, where the terrain is relatively flat.

On an unrelated note, how do you turbocharge the pylon repeaters? I can't find any info on it in the book, and NEI just points to the normal repeater recipe :(

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Do the structures generate in created ages? I'm also using Realistic World Gen and had intended to use RFTools to access Rainbow Forests (though I did find an area of Rainbow Forest in the overworld that was about 9X9, but it was in the middle of a river, so no trees, etc...this was after exploring several thousand blocks in search of a place to live, however.)

I do know I found a ton of little Chromaticraft light thingies in a desert (which was somewhat frustrating since I was trying to find those Thaumcraft flowers that give blaze powder, which are easiest to spot at night since they give off light), and I was under the impression those had something to do with some of the hidden structures.

Are those structures biome dependent? I'm not sure why else they wouldn't spawn (RWG does use standard ocean biomes, I believe, so I'd think the ocean temples at least should spawn.)

I did find a couple messed up pylons when using RWG, which I've never seen before, but figured it was an issue with RWG, not Chromaticraft, so I didn't want to waste your time reporting it.
No worldgen is biome-dependent, and the plants have nothing to do with the structures.

Structures have an option to spawn in non-overworld dimensions, but it is disabled by default as it tends to be glitchy.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding world rifts and Ender IO. Item conduits don't seem to connect, but that's not a huge issue (pneumatic item pumps work fine), my main question is what would happen if I were to put, for instance, the output of a tank of pyrotheum through the same side as energy conduits? Would they both come out the appropriate side, would they choose destination sides randomly, or would something break?