Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
A better suggestion would be to make the Aura Pouch as a bauble?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
No, because you will want to use multiple at a time.
You'd be able to use multiple but only if you have made an Aura Pouch. That would make the Aura Pouch even more Useful. But also what Lethosos said ontop of my idea, which would be the Aura Pouch would have to be put into the Belt Bauble Slot for the Amulets to work which also leaves the Amulet Slot open making not only the Aura Pouch able to be the Source of Wearing Multiple but also being able to not use that other slot. I think additional micro management is always fun as long as its not over the top and I think this would be a good way to do that and if you dont like it you dont have to enable it, I'd personally always have it enabled.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Because clicking around or waiting is not a desirable way to spend one's time.
Idk, I dont feel like its too much extra clicking around and it feels like a nice natural push into slightly later game albeit only slightly. This would also give an artificial but pretty nice feeling of overcoming the Bauble slot and "wearing" multiple using the pouch.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So... you made a block that automates the process of banging on crystals? Neato.

Let's see if I've figured this out. The wheel in the center controls what note to play; each step clockwise raises the pitch by one half step, and each step outward raises it by an octave. The boxes on the right are notes and rests that can be placed in any location on the pitch wheel and will be played in sequence. The boxes on the bottom are sixteen separate channels to be played simultaneously, which allows for up to sixteen notes to be played at the same time. The buttons on the left, from top to bottom, clear the currently saved melody, do something unknown, load a preset melody that I know I've heard but can't for the life of me remember the name of, and swap between notes and rests on the right.

Suggestions: Change the circular wheel to a spiral, so the octave jump between C and C# isn't there; and maybe add some way to review and edit a melody you've already typed in without clearing it and starting over (but that sounds like a lot of work, so if you don't want to, I get it).

Question: How does it determine which of the crystals around it to ping on each note?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
do something unknown
Channel clear.

Suggestions: Change the circular wheel to a spiral, so the octave jump between C and C# isn't there
That is much more difficult to render and calculate "clicked key".

Question: How does it determine which of the crystals around it to ping on each note?
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/ChromatiCraft/blob/master/Auxiliary/CrystalMusicManager.java#L23

Akatar

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, because I'm stuck in chromaticraft.

I have a lot of blank info fragments, which won't unlock and the only achievements I can get now are: Ocean Temples, #NULL!, Weak Magical Foci and Painful Loss.

The problem is that it seems I can't get them, because I still can't craft Crystalline Stone.

Thank you for helping me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have a question, because I'm stuck in chromaticraft.

I have a lot of blank info fragments, which won't unlock and the only achievements I can get now are: Ocean Temples, #NULL!, Weak Magical Foci and Painful Loss.

The problem is that it seems I can't get them, because I still can't craft Crystalline Stone.

Thank you for helping me.
Try scrolling around.

Azdule

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what I think was meant was - have you looked around in the book to see what other things you can work towards to get unlocks?

Edit: invade you didn't know you can scroll around in the book

For example, have you visited other dimensions or killed certain large creatures?

Once you've done these (and other things) you may be able to get the unlocks you require to advance

Akatar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what I think was meant was - have you looked around in the book to see what other things you can work towards to get unlocks?

Edit: invade you didn't know you can scroll around in the book

For example, have you visited other dimensions or killed certain large creatures?

Once you've done these (and other things) you may be able to get the unlocks you require to advance

I know that I can scroll around and I also have killed the ender dragon and the wither.

I have crafted every item from the book multiple times and I also got nearly every available achievement, which are shown in the book.