Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, @Reika, would you mind terribly if I started a table detailing what the accelerator works on? I wouldn't spoil how to get such godly power, but I think it'd be helpful for those experimenting with the power of time. Plus, it might make some people eager to get into ChromatiCraft. ;)

Why would he be against that?

Do it, the more information out there, the better!

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Why would he be against that?

Do it, the more information out there, the better!
The argument against that would be something like: How much excitement would Ravynous have had if they'd already known that this works and was tested? There's no discovery involved if you already know, and that dilutes the excitement and pleasure of figuring out something new!

Having said that I am not Reika and do not pretend to represent him in any fashion, so it's up to him one way or another!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have still been excited, because I knew the kind of power I could achieve. That said, I'm with ya, Wraithflay: I can't look into Reika's head, and I won't presume to know what he's thinking. Making that mistake has bitten me in the ass more than once.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
The only problem I see with how long range lumen transmission now, is how it's a tad risky in a public multiplayer environment. You are usualy only afforded limited protected space and some folks might destroy or steal your network. It's one if the reasons people opt for compact builds.
In single player this pylon long distance thing is not really a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The simple way around that risk is to build your repeaters underground. A lot more faffing around this way, but offers increased security for your network. People may follow your relay line from the pylon, but at least they can't see it from a distance, snaking over the land :p

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I only play on servers that ban PvP and squashes trolls like the annoying pests they are.

[ETA]

Does the portal structure require ender crystals to work? I got one built to spec, but it ain't workin.

Last edited:

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I have not been receiving notifications from this thread for the last several days, despite the thread being watched. Can someone please summarize what I have missed?

Also, v7 has been released.
Love how subtle that was. "Oh, and the update you've all been waiting for is out. " haha all in good fun :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I have not been receiving notifications from this thread for the last several days, despite the thread being watched. Can someone please summarize what I have missed?

Also, v7 has been released.

On my part, I was wondering if posting a list of the things the accelerator works with would be cool and was wondering if the portal beacon required ender crystals.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
On my part, I was wondering if posting a list of the things the accelerator works with would be cool and was wondering if the portal beacon required ender crystals.
Yes, it requires ender crystals.

As for the accelerator, it is easier to list what it does not work with. Everything shaft-powered or energy-generating in RC/ReC, as well as anything in AE, anything solar or hydro, and anything like wires or cables.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
What do the lumen relays do? I've tried desperately to understand the lexicon with no luck. Thanks for the help

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I have a question. Say you die with your Chromatic Lexicon on you and the book is destroyed. You retain your progress, but how do you recover the lost info fragments? Any info fragments I have at my base are just showing up as blank ones for stuff I haven't progressed far enough to unlock yet.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Okay, I have a question. Say you die with your Chromatic Lexicon on you and the book is destroyed. You retain your progress, but how do you recover the lost info fragments? Any info fragments I have at my base are just showing up as blank ones for stuff I haven't progressed far enough to unlock yet.
Use the second tab on the right.

What do the lumen relays do? I've tried desperately to understand the lexicon with no luck. Thanks for the help
They are a special power system for certain blocks.

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. Long time reader here. Love ya work by the way.

I've got a problem with my crystal tanks. They refuse to accept hot carbon dioxide gas since the last update. Ender io tanks can force it in and out of them. But it appears empty.
I assume ive done something wrong. .. any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019

I've got a problem with my crystal tanks. They refuse to accept hot carbon dioxide gas since the last update. Ender io tanks can force it in and out of them. But it appears empty.

Ganna get the simple question out of the way, you have the controller correct?

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
Haha. Yeh. I've been at this for quite a while. Crystal tanks are my favorite easy multi block.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

They are working fine for me.