Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started using this mod and I'm not sure if I've run into a bug. I've finally figured out the berries and chroma bit, but when I toss in some shards of the same color nothing happens except for some particles. I've waited for several minutes and they don't change.
The answer to Reikas post is no. So if there are particles of the color you are boosting, then it's working. Say your boosting Nila or dark blue crystals, then the particle effects coming off should be of the blue symbol that you would see on the Nila runes.

ArbiterofTruth

Jul 29, 2019
The answer to Reikas post is no. So if there are particles of the color you are boosting, then it's working. Say your boosting Nila or dark blue crystals, then the particle effects coming off should be of the blue symbol that you would see on the Nila runes.
Thanks for the info. How long should I wait?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
If you can afford using 24 berries for a test, then throw those in a puddle of liquid chroma. You'll see the color change. Then throw one of the corresponding crystals in the pool and you should see particles. Then wait a couple minutes. Make sure if you have any magnet effects to turn them off so that the crystal doesn't get taken out early. So wait a couple minutes and the color should change back to normal liquid chroma color and when you pick up your crystal it should be boosted. Sorry for any spelling errors.

ArbiterofTruth

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I did a test and the color returned to normal so I went ahead and grabbed the shards, but they were still the normal type of shard.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Sanity restored! Thanks Chromaticraft. Though it makes me a bit sad I'll get to retire the old bath salt machine.

I've noticed Chromaticraft doesn't like multiple pylons of the same color on the same network very much (link).
I feel I have been having this problem with the light grey color. I've been trying to fill up a lumen tree and I'm only missing one color. I very connected multiple pylons to the network with little improvement. Not very detrimental though.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I feel I have been having this problem with the light grey color. I've been trying to fill up a lumen tree and I'm only missing one color. I very connected multiple pylons to the network with little improvement. Not very detrimental though.
That screenshot didn't actually show a connectivity issue, just a rendering one. For some reason, instead of heading down the right fork, the ley line decided to turn left, follow it all the way to the pylon, then jump back to the first repeater on the right of the fork. It would do the same thing every time I had more than one pylon of the same color connected to the network: travel down the wrong path, then make a super long jump for no discernible reason and continue normally.

Connecting >1 pylons of any given color doesn't seem to work anyway, because the network will always arbitrarily choose one of the pylons and never touch any of the others in my experience, even when one of the pylons is completely out of energy and another one is kitted out with 8 power crystals and is full.

That said, I found out the hard way that you can right click on a repeater with a chroma-wand-thing to see how many hops it takes to get to a pylon of the same color. Every connection trouble I had I eventually managed to trace back from the pylon by checking each repeater to see where the problem begins. Also, sometimes after a server crash, the network map doesn't get saved properly and you'll need to chunk load each repeater at least once to get it to fix itself.

Reactions: Reika

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That screenshot didn't actually show a connectivity issue, just a rendering one. For some reason, instead of heading down the right fork, the ley line decided to turn left, follow it all the way to the pylon, then jump back to the first repeater on the right of the fork. It would do the same thing every time I had more than one pylon of the same color connected to the network: travel down the wrong path, then make a super long jump for no discernible reason and continue normally.

Connecting >1 pylons of any given color doesn't seem to work anyway, because the network will always arbitrarily choose one of the pylons and never touch any of the others in my experience, even when one of the pylons is completely out of energy and another one is kitted out with 8 power crystals and is full.

That said, I found out the hard way that you can right click on a repeater with a chroma-wand-thing to see how many hops it takes to get to a pylon of the same color. Every connection trouble I had I eventually managed to trace back from the pylon by checking each repeater to see where the problem begins. Also, sometimes after a server crash, the network map doesn't get saved properly and you'll need to chunk load each repeater at least once to get it to fix itself.
All of this is true and helpful. :)

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
I too find that on SSP I have to remind the network of my desired pylons and repeaters.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Are Chromaticraft aspect jars anywhere near a completed feature? They do not seem to be particularly functional at the moment beyond strictly storing essentia.
  • Using a phial of essentia on them works, but consumes the glass phial, unlike vanilla Thaumcraft warded jars.
  • I cannot find a way to draw essentia from them. Right-clicking with a glass phial does not work, nor will an infusion altar draw essentia from them.
  • An alchemy golem will store essentia in them if linked properly, but seemingly only one kind of essentia, preferring other empty jars over storing essentia in the other empty 15-or-however-many slots of the first aspect jar. I assume this one is an AI issue with Thaumcraft.
Unrelated, I accidentally broke one of the blocks that makes up a lumen tree multiblock, which happened to be fully charged at the time, which was quite a mess when every single lumen leaf destroyed itself.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Are Chromaticraft aspect jars anywhere near a completed feature? They do not seem to be particularly functional at the moment beyond strictly storing essentia.
  • Using a phial of essentia on them works, but consumes the glass phial, unlike vanilla Thaumcraft warded jars.
  • I cannot find a way to draw essentia from them. Right-clicking with a glass phial does not work, nor will an infusion altar draw essentia from them.
  • An alchemy golem will store essentia in them if linked properly, but seemingly only one kind of essentia, preferring other empty jars over storing essentia in the other empty 15-or-however-many slots of the first aspect jar. I assume this one is an AI issue with Thaumcraft.
Unrelated, I accidentally broke one of the blocks that makes up a lumen tree multiblock, which happened to be fully charged at the time, which was quite a mess when every single lumen leaf destroyed itself.
The essentia drawing for an altar is fixed. Everything else...I am not sure.

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say this: Never really looked at ChC much beyond the first version or so, and just recently took the plunge and added it into my private medley of mods I use (Was going to wait for the next major update but impatience won out in the end) and ... HOLY SHIT YOU CRAZY DRAGON YOU. Inability to find ocean or underground temples aside, everything about this mod continues to impress the hell out of me.

Are things like the flowers etc. invisible until I progress enough to see them? I know I've seen WAILA tell me stone has been ChC and I suspect some of it (not all) has turned into fused crystals and infused stone... that's a seriously awesome thing you did there. It's like the world is slowly changing the more you figure stuff out and is definitely a nice change from TC's many research variations (Love me some TC as well, but damn do I not look forward to that research grind *again*).

Cannot wait till I finally stumble across the fragment for the casting basin and actually start doing stuff :D