Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
You will know if it is placed properly.
So now that I've placed it properly, how exactly do I select an item to create, I have a chest hooked up which I would hope works as an item source. And is there a way to navigate through faster without having to click repeatedly. Gets tedious through the runes and anything with multiple types.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So now that I've placed it properly, how exactly do I select an item to create, I have a chest hooked up which I would hope works as an item source. And is there a way to navigate through faster without having to click repeatedly. Gets tedious through the runes and anything with multiple types.
It has an item slot as a filter, and you need to craft it "normally" first.

The_Technomancer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if I'm just not using them correctly, but the chromaticraft commands are for the most part not working properly. The one to unlock the whatchamacallit, discovery achievements that are required to progress, does not seem fully functional, as it reads out successfully in the chat box, but doesn't actually seem to be doing anything. If I am just not doing it correctly, a better explanation would be welcomed.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't know if I'm just not using them correctly, but the chromaticraft commands are for the most part not working properly. The one to unlock the whatchamacallit, discovery achievements that are required to progress, does not seem fully functional, as it reads out successfully in the chat box, but doesn't actually seem to be doing anything. If I am just not doing it correctly, a better explanation would be welcomed.
You are not using it correctly. What are you trying to do?

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the world rift to transport IC2's eu power? I'm trying to connect a quartz fibre cable to a rift with little joy.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the world rift to transport IC2's eu power? I'm trying to connect a quartz fibre cable to a rift with little joy.
Always make sure that if you connect one end to the south side for example. That you connect the other side to the north side.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
Always make sure that if you connect one end to the south side for example. That you connect the other side to the north side.

I understand the directional mechanic of the block, it's just that the ic2 cables don't appear to connect to the rift.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I was trying to unlock all the discovery achievments so I could see what everything was called and understand the lexicon in a creative test world.
Then use the appropriate argument. '-1'. :p

I understand the directional mechanic of the block, it's just that the ic2 cables don't appear to connect to the rift.
They are not currently IC2 compatible, because I have no idea if IC2 network logic can even handle that. Is there someone I can ask?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
They are not currently IC2 compatible, because I have no idea if IC2 network logic can even handle that. Is there someone I can ask?
I'm pretty sure that Tesseract's in Thermal Expansion can transport EU, maybe if you do some digging in there you can find out a little information about it.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019

Ah that explains the problem. The only name I seem to come across in terms of IC2 is Alblaka, I'm not sure if it is current, but this blog site of his has up-to-date links for IC2 downloads of the API and what not: http://www.industrial-craft.net/

On second thought after some research the guy to ask *seems* to be 'Player'. http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=User&userID=49

There's no github, but there is http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/ and also he works on fastcraft and http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10864 a mod by the IC2 developers which allows for RF-EU block-less conversion, not sure if this helps, but hope it does.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that Tesseract's in Thermal Expansion can transport EU, maybe if you do some digging in there you can find out a little information about it.

Nope they never have been able to interface with EU.

dozbot

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, i'm at the same stage as SourC00lguy, figuring out this chroma automator.. I have a chest on the side and it's placed 5 blocks above the table, I have the fancy animations showing, but can't figure how it's supposed to work :D

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, i'm at the same stage as SourC00lguy, figuring out this chroma automator.. I have a chest on the side and it's placed 5 blocks above the table, I have the fancy animations showing, but can't figure how it's supposed to work :D
Yeaa that one is a little tricky so far

The_Technomancer

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I report a bug?
I found one where liquid chroma overwrites water instead of creating some sort of block at the boundary.
Perhaps it could create crystalline stone?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Where can I report a bug?
I found one where liquid chroma overwrites water instead of creating some sort of block at the boundary.
Perhaps it could create crystalline stone?
I think that's more of an issue with Forge's fluid handling than Chromaticraft itself. The same thing happens with practically every other non-vanilla fluid.

That said, having to sacrifice so many shards early-on for crystalline stone is pretty painful.

Last edited:

ArbiterofTruth

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started using this mod and I'm not sure if I've run into a bug. I've finally figured out the berries and chroma bit, but when I toss in some shards of the same color nothing happens except for some particles. I've waited for several minutes and they don't change.