Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Say, I have a question: will the casting table auto-output to an AE interface? I ask because I've got one big AE brain running a LOT of my current base, and I'd like to keep my stuff as centralized as possible.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Is there any way to skip the sandy burrow progression without also skipping all the other progression, or is v10 close enough I should just wait?

Say, I have a question: will the casting table auto-output to an AE interface? I ask because I've got one big AE brain running a LOT of my current base, and I'd like to keep my stuff as centralized as possible.
It'll auto-output to adjacent chests, so I assume any other inventory would work just as well. Note that the only spot that'll be left open once you're to the point of casting table automation will be the one directly beneath it.

shadoxxHD

Jul 29, 2019
i tried creating a recipe (minetweaker) which gives you info fragments for emeralds in my SP modpack, but it doesnt show up ingame (items from other mods work). how can i fix this (as i said, it is a private singleplayer pack, so changing recipes is not against your ToS afaik)?
seems like it was a typo, sry

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ritual table requires power from the pylon network. I think it also requires you to store some lumens in yourself, but I'm not 100% on that.

[ETA]

Also, how do I warp glass?

rearth

Jul 29, 2019
Hei, im playing with this mod now since a few days. I really enjoy it, even if some were/are really confusing me.

But i have 1 gib Problem now and i cant figure out how to fix it. Im trying to make the Crystal Repeater so i can set up the casting complex. Im using the Casting Temple atm. I have the Info Fragments for the Crystal Repeaters and so. The runes should all be set up fine, but the Casting Result is crossed with red lines and i just can't make it. Anyone knows whats the reason for that? Progressed enough i should be, i dont know what i should be missing.
Screenshot (96).png
Screenshot (97).png
Screenshot (98).png

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
i have all research and paper but cant use the ritual Table for the abilities what is happen
ing
Don't forget to smack it with your manipulator after you've selected a thing. It took me a... bit too long to figure that out the other day, despite having used it before in my last world.

Haresus

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, I guess my progression got stuck atm. it won't let me go into Endgame phase. /chromaresearch -3 says Missing research for Pyloncraft: [], but I am still picking up just blank fragments. All I wanted was a shiny tree /cry
Or is it Secret Burrows entry gating me? Only this and Recharge entry are still open
Version v9b

7XdvM2.png
Well that was weird, I randomly got Endgame unlock while crafting potion crystals (not on the first one, it was around the 4th one)

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I forget...can you use world rifts to transport ReC steam blocks? If so, that'd be a nifty way to shield your base from any reactor failures: have the reactor off-site (maybe in another dimension) and transport the steam to a world rift that leads back to your base and your turbines. Bonus points if you can transport it from the lines themselves, allowing you to supply an arbitrary number of turbines from a single rift pair.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So a server setting up question: If I have chromaticraft pylons in dimension 0, and the main play zone is a different dimension (the idea being that those players that don't want to deal with magic won't have to worry about it), can the mages go into dim 0, set up their pylon networks, and then ship the magical power out for use in other dimensions (just like world rifts can carry RoC shaft power)?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So a server setting up question: If I have chromaticraft pylons in dimension 0, and the main play zone is a different dimension (the idea being that those players that don't want to deal with magic won't have to worry about it), can the mages go into dim 0, set up their pylon networks, and then ship the magical power out for use in other dimensions (just like world rifts can carry RoC shaft power)?
No, and there never will be interdimensional transport.

I forget...can you use world rifts to transport ReC steam blocks? If so, that'd be a nifty way to shield your base from any reactor failures: have the reactor off-site (maybe in another dimension) and transport the steam to a world rift that leads back to your base and your turbines. Bonus points if you can transport it from the lines themselves, allowing you to supply an arbitrary number of turbines from a single rift pair.
Steam lines can go through world rifts.

Hypocrisy

Jul 29, 2019
I realize this interaction is far out of any developer's control but I just thought I would let people know that it is possible to place a Mekanism cardboard box onto a crystal pylon tile entity. You can also mine up the box and move the crystal (although the HUD effect stays). However, when removing the box it will cause a CTD everytime and crash servers. I've already notified Aidan on github but I really can't see that this blame lies on any one mod so I am just letting people know to prevent crashes.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I realize this interaction is far out of any developer's control but I just thought I would let people know that it is possible to place a Mekanism cardboard box onto a crystal pylon tile entity. You can also mine up the box and move the crystal (although the HUD effect stays). However, when removing the box it will cause a CTD everytime and crash servers. I've already notified Aidan on github but I really can't see that this blame lies on any one mod so I am just letting people know to prevent crashes.
Probably the crash I deliberately force to prevent world corruption. Ask him for a blacklist.