Changing two liquids of the same type into one another.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnGusi

Jul 29, 2019
This fixation is unhealthy. Find another hobby.
I still resurrect Reactor/Rotary mods every couple versions or so on my SSP; it has no place on my server however until optimization configs are added. Which will likely be never :\
SEE this is why i said someone else should do rotory-craft cause reikas not letting it work right and hurting the mod! and you deleted my thread!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
And if you feel I'm being rude or hostile here, Reika, that is not my intent. But then again, to be fair, you see very defensive.
I can be defensive, yes, but that is because I usually am under fire when it comes to these sorts of discussions.

Like, that last reply I got from you speaks volumes about how defensive you are; jumping into a conversation that didn't really involve you so much as your mod and accusing me of slander*.
*To me limited understanding of the term, anyway
I was not accusing you. I was more drawing a parallel between something you said and a common argument I have to deal with. I do this rather frequently, so maybe this is part of the reason people think I am accusing them of things.

By the way, if you want to see real hostility, we have just been provided a nice opportunity:
SEE this is why i said someone else should do rotory-craft cause reikas not letting it work right and hurting the mod! and you deleted my thread!
The thread was deleted because it was nothing but a rant that could easily be reduced to "I'm not smart enough to use this mod, and when I told the dev to change it, he said no, so now I'll try and make it so someone else gets his mod instead". Seeing as you do not realize the inherent problem with that and appear to instead be determined to have "thaumcraft guy", as you so eloquently put it, take over RC, I reaffirm my original evaluation of your - meager - intelligence.
TL;DR:
You possess both the maturity and the intellect of a toddler, and noone would use your ideas for anything other than target practice.

Also, if anyone thinks I am being too unkind or my opinions are unjustified, I preserved his original post in my thread.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ization-and-more/page__st__6120#entry29780206

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, uh, havin' fun? I suggest you peddle back on this sort of thing. Not because I'm a moderator or anything, but if a mod such as, dunno, Lawbroken, catches wind of you saying this, you are actually in volition of the rules here. To my understanding of some of the less obvious ones, anyway.

Talking smack about a Modder is a quick way to enjoy your ban.
I can be defensive, yes, but that is because I usually am under fire when it comes to these sorts of discussions.

I was not accusing you. I was more drawing a parallel between something you said and a common argument I have to deal with. I do this rather frequently, so maybe this is part of the reason people think I am accusing them of things.

By the way, if you want to see real hostility, we have just been provided a nice opportunity:

The thread was deleted because it was nothing but a rant that could easily be reduced to "I'm not smart enough to use this mod, and when I told the dev to change it, he said no, so now I'll try and make it so someone else gets his mod instead". Seeing as you do not realize the inherent problem with that and appear to instead be determined to have "thaumcraft guy", as you so eloquently put it, take over RC, I reaffirm my original evaluation of your - meager - intelligence.
I didn't wish to imply I took offense, just saying that, yes, you seemed very defensive, and yes, I can see where you're coming from in terms of why, but no, I am not like those asshats over on Reddit, and do not appreciate any sort of implication that I may be. I may be a asshole, but I pride myself on being a asshole to the right people.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey, uh, havin' fun? I suggest you peddle back on this sort of thing. Not because I'm a moderator or anything, but if a mod such as, dunno, Lawbroken, catches wind of you saying this, you are actually in volition of the rules here. To my understanding of some of the less obvious ones, anyway.
Talking smack about a Modder is a quick way to enjoy your ban.
He is not a modder, nor will he ever be.
As for breaking the rules, I went a bit more "all-out" purely because, yes, it did provide "an opportunity to show real hostility".

I didn't wish to imply I took offense, just saying that, yes, you seemed very defensive, and yes, I can see where you're coming from in terms of why, but no, I am not like those asshats over on Reddit, and do not appreciate any sort of implication that I may be. I may be a asshole, but I pride myself on being a asshole to the right people.
When I draw parallels in arguments, I am not implying the people are similar, just the points made.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
He is not a modder, nor will he ever be.
As for breaking the rules, I went a bit more "all-out" purely because, yes, it did provide "an opportunity to show real hostility".

When I draw parallels in arguments, I am not implying the people are similar, just the points made.
Fair enough.

Anyway, so long as we're talking, why are CCTV's disabled, but the CCTV Screen/Aerial View Camera's not disabled? Is there a actual issue with the CCTV itself that the Aerial View doesn't suffer from?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Fair enough.

Anyway, so long as we're talking, why are CCTV's disabled, but the CCTV Screen/Aerial View Camera's not disabled? Is there a actual issue with the CCTV itself that the Aerial View doesn't suffer from?
Yes, the CCTVs had a number of severe issues, most world-corrupting. They would frequently kick you for "Illegal Stance", and if you ever logged out while "looking through" the CCTV, your would would be permanently unloadable.
Also, they allowed for you to act "through" the CCTV, something I could do nothing about.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im not a fan of Reikas mods, Im probably one of those who are too dumb to understand them. Maybe not so dumb but definitely bored by the subject and unwilling to learn at least. Maybe just dumb though. What I dont get is why people who are too dumb would bother with it in the first place.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Im not a fan of Reikas mods, Im probably one of those who are too dumb to understand them. Maybe not so dumb but definitely bored by the subject and unwilling to learn at least. Maybe just dumb though. What I dont get is why people who are too dumb would bother with it in the first place.
The very fact you say this implies that you are far from dumb. Stupid people tend to feel that they are geniuses.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The very fact you say this implies that you are far from dumb. Stupid people tend to feel that they are geniuses.
Indeed. It's very wise of you, @epidemia78 to realize that you don't understand, and even wiser to admit it. You could learn it. Almost everything you need to know for it is calculating things to the power of two until you reach your target number.

IIRC Reika has a "cheat sheet" with all the numbers you would need to know, or maybe memorize if you wish to be a badass with RoC.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
To address the topic:

I saw where folks were talking about how fluids are handled differently, but, might it be possible to use Gregtech's special unification targets to unify cells of deuterium/tritium into Rotarycraft deuterium/tritium, or the other way around?

I don't know if doing this would allow both mods' fusion reactors to work, but maybe, as long as you engineer the production and supply infrastructure to prevent unification to the wrong type for your end goal.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
To address the topic:

I saw where folks were talking about how fluids are handled differently, but, might it be possible to use Gregtech's special unification targets to unify cells of deuterium/tritium into Rotarycraft deuterium/tritium, or the other way around?

I don't know if doing this would allow both mods' fusion reactors to work, but maybe, as long as you engineer the production and supply infrastructure to prevent unification to the wrong type for your end goal.
Reactor craft steam isn't a fluid and making it into one would cause a bunch of issues

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Even while the fluid is in cells it is invulnerable to unification? I re-read and noticed that I hadn't brought special attention to that facet of my question.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Those are fundamental rewrites, hardly something that could be done based on a config.
Agreed @ fundamental rewrites. Keep in mind of course that once all the huge annoying work is done, its up to you how much you want to be configurable. Configurable code iiiiis boring to write though.

Also, have you tried v20? I cleaned up a lot of the power transfer code, improving framerates significantly.
I started a v20c world about 20 minutes before you released 20d. Haven't gotten anywhere yet (its draft season and I write hockey drafting code for a living; busy) so I can't comment; but I'm excited about the changelogs.

If you think I have been rude or hostile here - that applies for anyone else, too - that is definitely not the intention.
Its just how you come off in print; sometimes its like everyone else is really, really dumb :( Diff person on your youtube vids though. Proper pleasant canadian stereotypes, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1397285117][/DOUBLEPOST]
..........I have no words. Dood you can't propose to steal property from someone because they're not using it the way you want them do. Honestly.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Agreed @ fundamental rewrites. Keep in mind of course that once all the huge annoying work is done, its up to you how much you want to be configurable. Configurable code iiiiis boring to write though.
No, those by their very nature would be permanent. There is no ability to have both present.

Its just how you come off in print; sometimes its like everyone else is really, really dumb :(
Some people certainly are; just look to the recent posts on my thread with the ReactorCraft Corium block ID crash, who repeatedly refuse to read either replies or the log.
But you? No.

Reactions: Pyure

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
This mod is simple enough to use...even I was able to figure out how to get steel to make what I needed to fill a huge quarried hole with water. But I ran into a problem...massive lag when I turn the system on.

I have a DC Engine, some liquid pipes attached to a pump with more pipes going to a liquid spiller. When I turn it on, my FPS drops to 0. I figured out as I slowly left the area that the liquid spiller is filling every depression under it, not just the hole from the quarry. That means it's also filling all the caves and ravines.

Reika, what is the AOE of the spiller? Maybe if I knew that, I could position it in the center of the hole to just fill that hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.