Changing two liquids of the same type into one another.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I just wanna butt in here and say: So? Why does it matter if you're never used in any modpack again, ever? You would still be able make the mod, the people who disagree with those neigh-sayers would still enjoy and play your mod, AND since you've already gotten so much publicity from being on modpacks for awhile you would be much better off in that regard then before, anyway.
It would still deal a huge blow to the usage.

By the way, I'm surprised no one mentioned the Light Bridge, the Scalable chests, Fans harvesting crops, and a lot of other examples of 'lolrealism' (Not saying that those are bad, by the way)
I do not see the problem with fans harvesting crops. A strong enough air current certainly will separate the seeds and/or other "fruit".

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
I do not see the problem with fans harvesting crops. A strong enough air current certainly will separate the seeds and/or other "fruit".
It would also probably throw around a lot of dirt, which the plants need to be undisturbed to grow, plus most if not all plants would likely be severely stunted if not outright killed by such winds applied 24/7, especially during their early developmental stages. Also, the problems with things like potatos and carrots should be obvious... And how it it replanting the seeds/potatos/carrots? If you're applying enough force to push these objects into collection, how would be they able to bury themselves in the soil on their own?
There's a reason we use people and combines in real life, and not fans.

I suppose it IS more realistic then something like MFR, though, which I assume uses some form of quantum mechanics and space-time bending/singularities to warp the laws of physics enough to allow energy efficient teleportation...
That, or steve is insane and everything in Minecraft is an illusion. I like this option better.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
If you find a way, I am going to break it. It is an extreme balance problem and craps all over the realism, too.

I don't want to be rude nor insulting, but basically you're taking the D-Bag mentality way of dealing with people who come up with innovative ways of having fun with the game? O_0.

What if a person can't find the items he needs to create your version of Deuterium and Tritium, but CAN build the machines necessary to create the GregTech version. You're going to deny him the pleasure of enjoying the game the way he wants and force him to hunt for your items (and forgive me if I sound rude, obnoxious and arrogant)? Isn't the point of this game to have "Fun"?

Have you ever built the machines necessary to create GregTech's versions of Deuterium and Tritium? I have, and it took a LOT of time, TONS of resources and LOADS of patience to retrieve your belongs when you died because a Creeper blew up next to you, you gave the machines too much power and they exploded, or you died of hunger because you were focused on building and not eating.

I know you want realism and stuff, but it's a game and the point of this game it to have fun.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
What if a person can't find the items he needs to create your version of Deuterium and Tritium, but CAN build the machines necessary to create the GregTech version.

You're going to deny him the pleasure of enjoying the game the way he wants and force him to hunt for your items (and forgive me if I sound rude, obnoxious and arrogant)? Isn't the point of this game to have "Fun"?
Given my way of producing it - which does not involve any items beyond that which you craft and only requires an ocean biome - I find that rather unlikely.

Have you ever built the machines necessary to create GregTech's versions of Deuterium and Tritium? I have, and it took a LOT of time, TONS of resources and LOADS of patience to retrieve your belongs when you died because a Creeper blew up next to you, you gave the machines too much power and they exploded, or you died of hunger because you were focused on building and not eating.
Your main point seems to be that the GT method is in fact harder.
This would in fact be worse. Why? Because now my mod would be responsible for unbalancing GregTech, and we all know what happens to mods that do that.

Reactions: DriftinFool

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~Your main point seems to be that the GT method is in fact harder.
This would in fact be worse. Why? Because now my mod would be responsible for unbalancing GregTech, and we all know what happens to mods that do that.
That we all laugh at how stupidly hard GT is and carry on? Not like Greg is much more that a drop of water in this modding ocean.

His fans, on the other hand, are batshit insane, but as previously stated, nothing strange about that really. They are even less relevant then Greg himself, except for @xbony2 who may or may not be making a GT addon of some kind(IIRC he was working on something for it).

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
That we all laugh at how stupidly hard GT is and carry on? Not like Greg is much more that a drop of water in this modding ocean.
I agree, but let's call it what it is. gregtech is not difficult, it is tedious. tedious != difficult. i've seen 11 year olds build his fusion.

but reika is correct. if you interrupt greg's tedium, you piss him off, as evidence by the last feud he had. it lasted for quite some time, and several "shots" were fired. all in all it was quite ridiculous.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, but let's call it what it is. gregtech is not difficult, it is tedious. tedious != difficult. i've seen 11 year olds build his fusion.

but reika is correct. if you interrupt greg's tedium, you piss him off, as evidence by the last feud he had. it lasted for quite some time, and several "shots" were fired. all in all it was quite ridiculous.
Resources requirements are still insane, thus difficult. Yes, its mainly "Tedium", and no, the issue wasn't caused by Greg getting pissed so much as mDyio throwing a monkey wrench into his mods that broke the game when you used GT. Greg made it so you get a few less planks/sticks from wood unless you use a saw or a machine, or, y'know, change that config line. mDyio made his mod have it's own sticks and planks to throw off GT, to which Greg did what he does, and tweaked the recipe for those planks/sticks. Then mDyio fucked things up. And yet mDyio is the saint and Greg the devil.

Reactions: abculatter_2

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think this needs to be a history lesson.

There are 3 sides to the story; Greg's, mDiyo's, and the truth. Any other than that would just be conjecture and bs.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think this needs to be a history lesson.

There are 3 sides to the story; Greg's, mDiyo's, and the truth. Any other than that would just be conjecture and bs.
The truth lies between the tales told. I haven't even heard Greg or mDyio's take on this, since everyone wants to sweep this under the rug and move on. I, for one, wish to have this discussion. Even if no one else wants to, I want to know exactly what happened. And my post was based upon what I could figure out. Yes, GT added a handsaw that was needed to get those 4 planks/sticks, if you didn't disable that change. But then I had a break with MC and when I came back, this event had happened, played out, and I knew less then everyone else. I missed it.
So I go off of what I knew before my break(new bullshit thing in GT that is easy to disable) and what I knew when I came back(oh hey, Natura has a ton of useless sticks all to itself, wonder what's up with tha- Oh.).

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I was around when it happened. remember high school? kinda like that. It was stupid and embarrassing to the community.

Personally, I don't want to know the sordid details. I don't care anymore. It was stupid then, and is still stupid now.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I was around when it happened. remember high school? kinda like that. It was stupid and embarrassing to the community.

Personally, I don't want to know the sordid details. I don't care anymore. It was stupid then, and is still stupid now.
It was stupid. But we must remember it happened, even discuss it now and then if it's needed to refresh our memory.

After all, those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.

EDIT: And yes, I remember High School. Best days of my life(so far anyway). Had good friends, got good grades, and didn't get caught up in any stupid stuff like so many people did. Murder a year average at my high school, yes, but when half the kids in your class are stoners, a handful are drug dealers, and the rest either "tough guy jocks" or "popular girls who are empty and hollow under their facade", those rare smart people are the ones who get in good with the whole staff. Like, every member of staff on the facility we're nice to people like me. Except the occasional Bitch VP who hates everyone and isn't afraid to shit on anyone but doesn't take too well to being taken down a few thousand notches when someone like me delivers a "why you suck" filibuster speech for her.

Last edited:

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
It was stupid. But we must remember it happened, even discuss it now and then if it's needed to refresh our memory.

After all, those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.

Nobody is ignoring it, based on what reika's reply was regarding unification of fluids.

I just don't think this conversation needs to happen right here, right now. Save it for somebody who doesn't "get it"

Yeah, HS was great for me too, but In a few years you'll look back and in retrospect you'll see it as a mixed bag. Good times, interluded by endless bs and drama.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~Yeah, HS was great for me too, but In a few years you'll look back and in retrospect you'll see it as a mixed bag. Good times, interluded by endless bs and drama.
It's been at least five for me(can't remember what year exactly I graduated honestly). And yes, there was tons of drama and BS. Thing is, I was never mixed up in it(well, almost never). And when I was, the staff took my side, 100% of the time.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Remember what happened with Mekanism? Its osmium was originally called and used like platinum. Greg ordered AdrianBrady (spelling?) to change it, and seeing as he obeyed immediately, I imagine - but must stress that this is just my interpretation - that threats were involved.

His fans, on the other hand, are batshit insane
Bingo. That is what worries me. Half of them already want my head on a stick, and I would rather not give them further ammunition. Not all of them are inconsequential. In sufficient numbers, people - no matter how crazy, stupid, or eccentric - can effect real and often negative change.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Someone needs to update the modding community to remove the drama mechanic. It adds nothing to gameplay and just pisses everyone off.
This is not possible as long as you have a community as diverse as this, which also includes a huge fraction of people aged 10-15, who tends to be the most aggressive when it comes to demanding design changes. Having hundreds of different developers, each with their own opinions and no legitimate reason to control each other also helps.

Aidan C Brady
Thank you.:)

Reactions: Not_Steve

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Let me just clarify that I'm NOT a fan of GregTech. I use the mod because of some of his machines, but he drives me nuts when he releases an update that buggers the way I'm used to building: i.e.: making things super tough to build. But as I said, I like some of his machines.

As for your comment of "Given my way of producing it - which does not involve any items beyond that which you craft and only requires an ocean biome" regarding making Deuterium and Tritium, if I could see a video demonstrating how to make it in an ocean biome and if was not a complicated process (haven't gotten around to creating Steel yet)...then I would owe you an apology, Good Sir. But good tutorials on that subject are few and far between.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Let me just clarify that I'm NOT a fan of GregTech. I use the mod because of some of his machines, but he drives me nuts when he releases an update that buggers the way I'm used to building: i.e.: making things super tough to build. But as I said, I like some of his machines.

As for your comment of "Given my way of producing it - which does not involve any items beyond that which you craft and only requires an ocean biome" regarding making Deuterium and Tritium, if I could see a video demonstrating how to make it in an ocean biome and if was not a complicated process (haven't gotten around to creating Steel yet)...then I would owe you an apology, Good Sir. But good tutorials on that subject are few and far between.

I'm sure steel is required somewhere in the reactor, so don't worry about not having it. :)

as for tutorials, some exist on youtube. simple search terms should find them. there was a video on the fusion reactor (in spanish) when i was looking at it.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I know Im in the minority here but I think you reactorcraft fanboys are the crazy ones and should find a new hobby. I think gregtech looks a million times cooler...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.