Changing two liquids of the same type into one another.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I found the Spanish ones, but none in English.
watch it a few times then, the blocks are in english. it shouldn't be that hard to follow. :)

there are also a few people like eyedeck (and reika) who have posted pictures of their setups.

edit: did you know there's a multi-part tutorial on the ReactorCraft mod? in english. it may help with some problems.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I know Im in the minority here but I think you reactorcraft fanboys are the crazy ones and should find a new hobby. I think gregtech looks a million times cooler...

Well there's only one way to sort this out.

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I know Im in the minority here but I think you reactorcraft fanboys are the crazy ones and should find a new hobby. I think gregtech looks a million times cooler...
But gregtech has one reactor. Reactorcraft has a bunch more. ._.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Remember what happened with Mekanism? Its osmium was originally called and used like platinum. Greg ordered AdrianBrady (spelling?) to change it, and seeing as he obeyed immediately, I imagine - but must stress that this is just my interpretation - that threats were involved.

Bingo. That is what worries me. Half of them already want my head on a stick, and I would rather not give them further ammunition. Not all of them are inconsequential. In sufficient numbers, people - no matter how crazy, stupid, or eccentric - can effect real and often negative change.
It was due to a cross-mod exploit, since platinum in GT could be processed into iridium. And yes, Aidan C Brady changed it at Greg's request... from platinum, a rare, valuable metal, to osmium, apparently the rarest metal on this little blue dot. From what I heard, actually read from the GT thread over on the IC2 forums, Greg was more pissed at it being changed to Osmium then he was about it being exploitable as Platinum.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
edit: did you know there's a multi-part tutorial on the ReactorCraft mod? in english. it may help with some problems.
Is this Danilus's videos, or someone else?

It was due to a cross-mod exploit, since platinum in GT could be processed into iridium. And yes, Aidan C Brady changed it at Greg's request... from platinum, a rare, valuable metal, to osmium, apparently the rarest metal on this little blue dot.
I do not see how that is an exploit, just a balance problem akin to the one mentioned earlier.

From what I heard, actually read from the GT thread over on the IC2 forums, Greg was more pissed at it being changed to Osmium then he was about it being exploitable as Platinum.
An interesting addendum that I think speaks volumes.

I care little about the content of your message so much as the conveyance; despite not liking IC2, and liking GT even less, I do not go to IC2 or GT threads and say "You guys who love this mod are crazy, you should try a real mod".

As for your comment of "Given my way of producing it - which does not involve any items beyond that which you craft and only requires an ocean biome" regarding making Deuterium and Tritium, if I could see a video demonstrating how to make it in an ocean biome and if was not a complicated process (haven't gotten around to creating Steel yet)...then I would owe you an apology, Good Sir. But good tutorials on that subject are few and far between.
General procedure:
  1. Make heavy water extractor
  2. Find ocean biome
  3. Find (or make) a location at least 16 blocks deep and below y=45
  4. Place the heavy water extractor such that it has water on three horizontal sides and a column of water above it
  5. Supply power (as per the minimums or more) to the bottom
  6. Draw heavy water out the non-water horizontal side using any fluid transport system
  7. Make an electrolyzer
  8. Make a Van De Graaff generator
  9. Pump Heavy Water in the Electrolyzer
  10. Place the VDG horizontally adjacent to the Electrolyzer
  11. Power the VDG from the bottom; more power means faster operation, up to about 4 buckets a second in v20
  12. Draw oxygen from the bottom of the electrolyzer and deuterium from the top
  13. Make a neutron irradiation chamber
  14. Place in fission reactor
  15. Pump deuterium in the top
  16. Draw tritium out the bottom

You will need:
  • A functioning, stable fission reactor
  • A power supply of at least a few MW (easily obtained from the above)
  • A world with an ocean somewhere
  • Tools to dig
  • Fluiducts or an alternative
  • Bevel gears
  • A stack or two of steel

Reactions: Padfoote

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
General procedure:
  1. Make heavy water extractor
  2. Find ocean biome
  3. Find (or make) a location at least 16 blocks deep and below y=45
  4. Place the heavy water extractor such that it has water on three horizontal sides and a column of water above it
  5. Supply power (as per the minimums or more) to the bottom
  6. Draw heavy water out the non-water horizontal side using any fluid transport system
  7. Make an electrolyzer
  8. Make a Van De Graaff generator
  9. Pump Heavy Water in the Electrolyzer
  10. Place the VDG horizontally adjacent to the Electrolyzer
  11. Power the VDG from the bottom; more power means faster operation, up to about 4 buckets a second in v20
  12. Draw oxygen from the bottom of the electrolyzer and deuterium from the top
  13. Make a neutron irradiation chamber
  14. Place in fission reactor
  15. Pump deuterium in the top
  16. Draw tritium out the bottom

You will need:
  • A functioning, stable fission reactor
  • A power supply of at least a few MW (easily obtained from the above)
  • A world with an ocean somewhere
  • Tools to dig
  • Fluiducts or an alternative
  • Bevel gears
  • A stack or two of steel

Thanks you, Sir. I will try this I will have to re-watch the videos on powering engines if I want to fill the gigantic holes in the land left by my Quarry with water.

Does it have to be an Ocean Biome or can it be a huge area of water?

And...I apologize for my comment. Thank you for helping me.

On the subject of GregTech, I was able to set up a highly self-sufficient manufacturing center for Deuterium and Tritium for the Fusion Reactor and generate excess Fusion Plasma and fuel to be stored. Hope to be able to make excess fuel for your Fusion Reactor as well.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Does it have to be an Ocean Biome or can it be a huge area of water?
It has to be a legitimate ocean biome.

Hope to be able to make excess fuel for your Fusion Reactor as well.

Once again, thank you for your help.
Good luck; it burns about 4 buckets a second. Even my world is struggling to keep up on the tritium production.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I found some GregTech HSLA Steel in a Dungeon Chest. Can that be inter-changed for steel required for your machine builds? Or do I have to make your steel instead?

Also, just to let you know, the Void Monster doesn't go away on Peaceful Mode. Is this intended?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
yeah that's the guy. the multipart video is kind of old, but he's got updates that he's been releasing.

this is the one i was mostly referring to. it covers fuel production for deut/trit.

now that i'm looking again, there are more in english than i remember.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Do ocean biomes like the ones added by Mariculture count? I find actual ocean biomes... boring. I'd rather set up in a coral reef, y'know?
As long as the biome name contains "ocean", it will work.

I found some GregTech HSLA Steel in a Dungeon Chest. Can that be inter-changed for steel required for your machine builds? Or do I have to make your steel instead?
GT adds HSLA...?

Also, just to let you know, the Void Monster doesn't go away on Peaceful Mode. Is this intended?
Yes.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
As long as the biome name contains "ocean", it will work.
Interal or the one you find when you hit F3?

GT adds HSLA...?
Greg has some sort of code of some kind in his mod that allows it to check the whole ore dictionary and if needed add support for things in his mod. If your mod registers your HSLA in the ore dictionary, greg scoops it up to add plates, double think plates, rounds, screws, and all sorts of other things. Automatically.

That's kinda annoying, but hey, it's nowhere as annoying as the noises it makes from the void(aka those cave noises it adds). Seriously, is there no chance of you adding a config option to mute that noise? I don't mind it making weird noises as it tries to eat my face(and the rest of me), but that cave ambient is too much for me.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

HSLA steel is rotarycraft.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Greg has support for HSLA Steel, as strange as this may sound.
I think he may be able to use it, which is fine by me. I worked with him a little to allow his machines to run off of RC power (though, being Greg, he added some things like "a wooden or stone shaft will snap if powering a GT machine").

And yes, my own steel generates in dungeons and other chests, mainly to help you get started on RC.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I think he may be able to use it, which is fine by me. I worked with him a little to allow his machines to run off of RC power (though, being Greg, he added some things like "a wooden or stone shaft will snap if powering a GT machine").

And yes, my own steel generates in dungeons and other chests, mainly to help you get started on RC.
Neat. Time to get the latest GT again, I guess.

...Also can you blame him for not liking wood/stone shafts? I mean, I don't really know why they exist, honestly, since in order to use them to need a engine of some kind to make the shaft power, and those all need HSLA Steel at the very least.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
...Also can you blame him for not liking wood/stone shafts? I mean, I don't really know why they exist, honestly, since in order to use them to need a engine of some kind to make the shaft power, and those all need HSLA Steel at the very least.
They were more useful when the shaft recipe did not give 8 items, and thus long-distance transport was costly.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019

This is interesting, is this for the up-coming 1.7 release of Gregtech?

I am definitely excited about the idea of my two favorite mods adding cross-mod compatibility with eachother...

EDIT: Oh, and while we're on the subject of Greg adding his own HSLA steel, do your recipes use the oredict for HSLA steel ingots?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Can I just be RIDICULOUSLY pedantic and point out that i'm old/lazy and still automatically parse "RC" as Railcraft. This, combined with there now being a parent and child mod that could both be initialised to "RC" doesn't help my laziness-induced fail any :p

Reactions: Padfoote
Status
Not open for further replies.