[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Here's my HQM guide for Refugee to Regent:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37766763/MC/R2R_v1.0.zip

This is made to work with the FTB Infinity Modpack (v1.4.1). Inside you will find the configs, tweaked a bit for the challenge, as well as the HQM quests with my interpretation of the challenge.
Currently it only guides to the redstone stage, but if there is interest I'll complete it. Let me know what you think!

The intro text was quite good.

I think you have the essence of the challenge pretty much there, but (in my opinion) you rely a bit too much on the honor system. Up to the point where you have them gather wheat/carrot/sugarcane/potato/oak/planks/saplings I think was great. When it started to go sideways for me was when you'd just turn in a piece of dirt or a plank and get a pack full of saplings or something. It's good, but I think the turn-ins should be a little more tied to the task. Like require the player to possess clay (gathering task) rather than a turn-in. Or if it was more mod-specific, have it detect when they've crafted all the basic tinker's stations. No need to reward them with items - just give "Reputation" for each age. Let later ages unlock when a player has reached a particular reputation level in the previous age.

It's definitely better than some of the attempts I've seen. :) Good work!

Thes33

Nov 19, 2012
www.arboreantears.com
Thanks!

I haven't used the reputation system yet. This was a rewrite from 1.6.4, so I hadn't delved into the new features. This was primarily a means of tracking my progress without resorting to an alt-tab to a spreadsheet (only one monitor :)).

I have gone through most of the mods in the Infinity pack and came up with a reasonable account for when access to particularly features should be available. I'll attempt to continue this work, but probably won't be too quick. I have a full-time research job and my own game to develop as well. :D

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
There's a logical way to game HQM for R2R--use the Rep system to create each Age, sprinkle several quests in a chapter for that Age, then "buy" the next Age with rep.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that system in Blightfall and thought it would work similarly here, too.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!

Latest episode is up! Now I was hoping one of you had an idea of whether I'd be able to move the chromaticraft object (for lack of a better word) to my trophy room. Although I think the city now needs a museum...

Reactions: Senseidragon

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I don't believe so. Your best bet would be a Blood Magic transposer, and I think one or the other of them have blacklisted BM/CrC interactions

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately I don't believe so. Your best bet would be a Blood Magic transposer, and I think one or the other of them have blacklisted BM/CrC interactions

That makes me kinda sad. I was planning an entire natural history museum with that as part of the chromaticraft wing... good thing I know how to use MC edit...

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, you may not even want to do that. Chromaticraft is REALLY nasty about moving some of its stuff. Reika has done a lot of hard-coding and hash mapping and generation caching... if you can't move or recreate it legit, don't. You're liable to permanently damage your world in unforseen ways

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Uh, you may not even want to do that. Chromaticraft is REALLY nasty about moving some of its stuff. Reika has done a lot of hard-coding and hash mapping and generation caching... if you can't move or recreate it legit, don't. You're liable to permanently damage your world in unforseen ways

Hmmm... Maybe a replica will satisfy my citizens. And those who visit the site... oh my... I can have an archaeological dig outlier...

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Neat idea with the Shipwright's building, @VaalDeth!

The diagonal side roof still looks a bit wonky, but overall I think you achieved what you were trying to accomplish.

Reactions: VaalDeth

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
@The Mobius Archives, I don't recall you showing the inside of your big tent at the digsite. I remember you flying around it on the glider, and I saw a peek in the smaller tents, but I don't remember you going into the bigger one. Did I miss it?

Reactions: VaalDeth

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
@The Mobius Archives, I don't recall you showing the inside of your big tent at the digsite. I remember you flying around it on the glider, and I saw a peek in the smaller tents, but I don't remember you going into the bigger one. Did I miss it?

Oh good point. I didn't have the insides of the big tent setup. I think I did breeze through briefly but there was "nothing" there. Only a single bed in the rear chamber and a few scaffold posts. I want to pour through biblio and decocraft for some ideas plus setup the local map, you'll probably see that next episode.

For those who haven't seen the episode I started working on an archaeological dig site after finding a large number of ancient structures: