Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
PyuXOSzl.jpg

We have just added the latest FTB map to the launcher which has been designed for the Minecraft event at Pax South. Combining elements taken from Complete the Monument, Parkour and maze challenges, we hope that this will be the start of a new series of time trial maps that will allow both vanilla and mod based minecraft players to be able to jump right in. For the event at Pax we have prizes and t-shirts to give away, however for those not able to make it to Pax South, we have an opportunity for you as well.

The fastest recorded run (youtube, twitch or similar) that is made before the end of February 2015 will win a Nvidia 980 graphics card. You can submit as many times as you like using this form: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forms/submit-your-run.10/respond

Known Issues:
We know you can jump on a block placed client side. Please don't do this.

Submitting wools too fast can potentially misidentify you as cheating. Try waiting just a little longer between each if you have this problem.

If a button is not working for you, it might be because you are sneaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Help_12_21_2012

Jul 29, 2019
This challenge map is crap, how am I supposed to record if I can barely run on my non existent graphics card. I need to win tho so I can play at above 30 .-. (I have integrated graphics)

JDnerd

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to try this tomorrow, I did quite well last map. Though, then again I haven't played modded minecraft since then D:

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this really isn't a crafting map at all. It is all parkour, just with nice modded decoration blocks.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Hot damn, this map is pretty tricky. what annoys me the most is that there isn't a warp to castle, or if there is, I dunno how to activate. death is a pretty harsh thing especially as it takes time to get there.

Another fun thing I found is cheesing wools. there are some wools that I managed to find shortcuts to rather than the intended method, I think there's 3 or 4 of them. I won't say more, but I claim dibs as the finder of these leet strats.

Rallias

Jul 29, 2019
This challenge map is crap, how am I supposed to record if I can barely run on my non existent graphics card. I need to win tho so I can play at above 30 .-. (I have integrated graphics)

30's plenty for a speed run. Realistically, 20 is all you need. Also, love helps.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm working on an actual speedrun now, and that was my test world. Hopefully I'll do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.