Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Captainnana, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerixel

Nerixel New Member

Agreed on OBS. If you can wrangle the settings (confusing at first, but it's good power to have).

You shouldn't have to record high-quality for this, or commentate the recording. Just as long as someone watching it can see what you're doing, that's good enough, or at least it should be.

2. Wagon153

Wagon153 New Member

Hmm. Be a nice card to get bottlenecked by my athlon 860k. ^.^

3. PyroManiak

PyroManiak New Member

So, I never thought I'd say this, but I am currently routing a minecraft map. Welp. I guess it's for something pretty cool. Good luck to everyone. ^-^

4. Jacanata

Jacanata New Member

I just managed to get 5 wool in 3 minutes :p

5. PyroManiak

PyroManiak New Member

I'm not sure if anybody is willing to help or not, but I can't seem to be able to make the last jump for the Factory wool. It's the last wool I need to figure out before im done with my test run.

EDIT: Nevermind, I believe I have figured it out.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  6. jesuseduardo90

jesuseduardo90 New Member

Can i use optifine mod?

7. Jacanata

Jacanata New Member

New best :D First fully recorded run as well
    2015-01-26_12.29.58.png

8. PyroManiak

PyroManiak New Member

First run was terrible so I decided to shave off more than an hour ;)

EDIT: more runs to come, my final goal is sub 10.

Attached Files:

9. Jacanata

Jacanata New Member

Sub 10 is gunna be interesting... at best I could manage sub 14, maybe 13 if I'm lucky.

10. PyroManiak

PyroManiak New Member

We will see, I have a decent route just I keep getting stuck at things that I did fine at in previous runs and losing like 3 - 5 minutes at them. Anyways, may the fastest man or woman win!

11. VikeStep

VikeStep New Member

I'm gonna say no because it gives an unfair advantage as it can provide other features such as zooming and transparent water that may be seen as cheaty in this map.

But, we should wait to see what they officially say (since I didn't make this map or deal with the rules)

tatsu011 and Gideonseymour like this.
  12. VikeStep

VikeStep New Member

Aww yeah, 30 minutes :D
    [​IMG]

I think I can get it down to 15 minutes because I wasted 6 minutes on the beehive and around 9 or so minutes in other places

13. Tahg

Tahg New Member

I will have to double check with Slow on this, but I believe anyone that did not see the map before it went public is elegible for the prize. I know we have a lot of people that contribute to FTB in some way on other projects. That said, I have yet to see or verify any times, but unless you're at least sub 20, you're not going to be in the running anyway.

14. VikeStep

VikeStep New Member

What can cause it to say we cheated? I don't cheat, yet out of my 4 runs, three of them said i cheated

15. Tahg

Tahg New Member

Multiple things can cause it. It's hard to find a balance between weeding out people who are cheating, and people who aren't. Currently, the most common issue I've identified is submitting multiple wools in the same tick, as this can cause scores to not be uniquely submitted. In previous maps, this was a statisically high improbability, but apparently quite easily possible with the way we handled the monument this time. Waiting a beat or two between putting wools in the barrel should help. If you're still getting issues, please let me know.

16. VikeStep

VikeStep New Member

Could it have anything to do with receiving two yellow wool after winning archery?

17. Jacanata

Jacanata New Member

I mentioned that possibility as well and since then I've only taken one yellow wool from archery. Hasn't happened since.

18. Tahg

Tahg New Member

Jacanata, any chance you want to send me a link to an (unlisted) video if you have one? Wouldn't be for official review yet, but it'd give me a ballpark time to post for people to beat.

19. Jacanata

Jacanata New Member

I'll get the link to you when it finishes uploading.

20. Tahg

Tahg New Member

VikeStep, not likely, but then again, I thought it was impossible the barrels/EIO could process multiple wool in a tick so I have no idea for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.