Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I made my account so I could join the challenge, but I've been playing on FTB for a long time. On another note, can anyone recommend recording software that doesn't halve my frame rate?
Agreed on OBS. If you can wrangle the settings (confusing at first, but it's good power to have).

You shouldn't have to record high-quality for this, or commentate the recording. Just as long as someone watching it can see what you're doing, that's good enough, or at least it should be.

PyroManiak

Jul 29, 2019
So, I never thought I'd say this, but I am currently routing a minecraft map. Welp. I guess it's for something pretty cool. Good luck to everyone. ^-^

PyroManiak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if anybody is willing to help or not, but I can't seem to be able to make the last jump for the Factory wool. It's the last wool I need to figure out before im done with my test run.

EDIT: Nevermind, I believe I have figured it out.

Last edited:

Jacanata

Jul 29, 2019
New best :D First fully recorded run as well
2015-01-26_12.29.58.png

PyroManiak

Jul 29, 2019
First run was terrible so I decided to shave off more than an hour ;)

EDIT: more runs to come, my final goal is sub 10.

Attachments

• 2015-01-25_21.32.10.png
    2015-01-25_21.32.10.png
    898.7 KB · Views: 92

PyroManiak

Jul 29, 2019
Sub 10 is gunna be interesting... at best I could manage sub 14, maybe 13 if I'm lucky.
We will see, I have a decent route just I keep getting stuck at things that I did fine at in previous runs and losing like 3 - 5 minutes at them. Anyways, may the fastest man or woman win!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Aww yeah, 30 minutes :D
Gu5GmAb.png

I think I can get it down to 15 minutes because I wasted 6 minutes on the beehive and around 9 or so minutes in other places

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I will have to double check with Slow on this, but I believe anyone that did not see the map before it went public is elegible for the prize. I know we have a lot of people that contribute to FTB in some way on other projects. That said, I have yet to see or verify any times, but unless you're at least sub 20, you're not going to be in the running anyway.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I will have to double check with Slow on this, but I believe anyone that did not see the map before it went public is elegible for the prize. I know we have a lot of people that contribute to FTB in some way on other projects. That said, I have yet to see or verify any times, but unless you're at least sub 20, you're not going to be in the running anyway.
What can cause it to say we cheated? I don't cheat, yet out of my 4 runs, three of them said i cheated

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Multiple things can cause it. It's hard to find a balance between weeding out people who are cheating, and people who aren't. Currently, the most common issue I've identified is submitting multiple wools in the same tick, as this can cause scores to not be uniquely submitted. In previous maps, this was a statisically high improbability, but apparently quite easily possible with the way we handled the monument this time. Waiting a beat or two between putting wools in the barrel should help. If you're still getting issues, please let me know.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Multiple things can cause it. It's hard to find a balance between weeding out people who are cheating, and people who aren't. Currently, the most common issue I've identified is submitting multiple wools in the same tick, as this can cause scores to not be uniquely submitted. In previous maps, this was a statisically high improbability, but apparently quite easily possible with the way we handled the monument this time. Waiting a beat or two between putting wools in the barrel should help. If you're still getting issues, please let me know.
Could it have anything to do with receiving two yellow wool after winning archery?

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Jacanata, any chance you want to send me a link to an (unlisted) video if you have one? Wouldn't be for official review yet, but it'd give me a ballpark time to post for people to beat.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
VikeStep, not likely, but then again, I thought it was impossible the barrels/EIO could process multiple wool in a tick so I have no idea for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.