Can There Be Ore Dictionary for Food and Farming Items in FTB?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a pretty cool idea for using Ore Dictionary for food, plants, and other farming items in FTB. It would be really cool to see foods in various farming mods in FTB be ore dictionaried and cross-compatible in a way that will allow me to do things like using berries from magical crops to make berry medley instead of the natura versions and use tomatoes from the same mod to make complex food recipes in agriculture. Unless such a thing already exists and I don't know about it, is there a way the mod authors can get together and add ore dictionary support and cross-compatibility for their items in their respective food mods?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It already exists, not in the form you described but it does, in fact any item/block can be already registered in the ore dictionary it's just up to the modder in question to name their stuff and register it under the agreed ore dict name.
An example would be the Pam's Harvest/ Agriculture compatibility in Magic Farm 2.

Now whether there's a mod/method that lets a user customize the ore dictionary, I do not know. (maybe Minetweaker?)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a pretty cool idea for using Ore Dictionary for food, plants, and other farming items in FTB. It would be really cool to see foods in various farming mods in FTB be ore dictionaried and cross-compatible in a way that will allow me to do things like using berries from magical crops to make berry medley instead of the natura versions and use tomatoes from the same mod to make complex food recipes in agriculture. Unless such a thing already exists and I don't know about it, is there a way the mod authors can get together and add ore dictionary support and cross-compatibility for their items in their respective food mods?

Pretty much all the food mods use Harvestcraft's ore dictionary.