Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
I have moved a few buckets of TInker's blue slime water into my mob spawner. Blue slimes spawn from it routinely. I get a consistent supply of blue slime I can use for jet fuel that way.

Our server also added two crafting recipes for slime. One with leather, a bone, and a bucket of water, the other with a block of flesh (9 zombie flesh), a bone, and a bucket of water. We reasoned that slime must be similar to jello made from keratin, and that process if fairly straightforward on Wikipedia. Leather was a quality ingredient and cows grow slowly, but zombie flesh is everywhere and you had to supply more.

We added these because we have finite water and one of the first tech tiers was to reach iron for iron buckets because wooden buckets don't take heat, and then you can use iron and slime to craft Railcraft water tanks which slowly generate water.

RoC has dependencies on slime and dirt, and no way to make either... I'd argue that eventually a boring machine makes dirt easy, but otherwise without Tinker's you would need a vanilla slime farm.

You can make dirt from compost.

(Actually, is there any other use for compost? Does it work as a bonemeal equivalent or something? The only use I've found so far is in a dirt crafting recipe...)

I think with Tinker's you can also set up a system through which zombies are spawned from a Powered Spawner and fed into a smeltery for blood. I thought you could craft magma cream from blood balls, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Server side or client side? I really think it's only client side render lag.

Has anyone else reported intense render lag (32 down to 2 fps) during any time when any engine is spinning up or down, or changing speeds? If off or running at constant speed, no lag. Any time I start or stop an engine, especially microturbines and jet turbines which have an extended spinup/down duration the lag is just incredible until they settle into a steady state.
Oh, that. That was fixed in 1.7 v1. The actual cause is that the machines (due to old code accidentally left in) cause a block update every tick their power changes, which causes chunk rerenders. And this is why I dislike people using old versions.

I've been smoothly progressing through the mod and have been using gas turbines to power some machinery. Making my fuel is no problem and gathering the resources is all accounted for aside from one item.
  • Blaze powder - vanilla spawners with RoC controllers. With bonus output with grinders.
  • netherrack, coal, and soulsand could be easily mined with RoC
  • ethanol based from fermenting vanilla crops
  • Slime... hand mined from tinker slime trees atm.
Slime seems to be the hard to get item for mass production of jet fuel. I cannot think of a way to gather slime using RoC methods other than a vanilla slime farm with some fans to push them around. Yes there are other mods such as EnderIO, MFR, Soul Shards Reborn, or even Magic Crops but that creates dependency.

Is there an existing RoC method I am missing? I couldn't find recipes in NEI or the handbook. Nor was the topic brought up in this thread, or over at MF, so I assume I didn't overlook anything.

If there is no venue yet could I suggest a new fermenter, or centrifuge, recipe to make slime? Something organic based. Since zombie flesh isn't used for much else how about that? Perhaps mixing it in the fermenter with some water and plant matter? It would give a reason to control the zombie spawners and doesn't require new mechanics. If I weren't against crops I would suggest new seeds but farming sucks.

What method(s) does everyone here use to gather slime?
You can also dry honey in the drying bed.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that. That was fixed in 1.7 v1. The actual cause is that the machines (due to old code accidentally left in) cause a block update every tick their power changes, which causes chunk rerenders. And this is why I dislike people using old versions.

I still haven't hit fusion. It's impractical to roll forward too quickly. ;]

Reactions: abculatter_2

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019

You can also dry honey in the drying bed.

Does there exist anywhere a quick summary of what the drying bed and centrifuge can process? The only things I was aware of were water->salt and netherrack dust->glowstone+gunpowder.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Does there exist anywhere a quick summary of what the drying bed and centrifuge can process? The only things I was aware of were water->salt and netherrack dust->glowstone+gunpowder.

The centrifuge is awesome for us bee fans!

Is there any chance of RoC implementing a squeezer alternative?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The centrifuge is awesome for us bee fans!

Is there any chance of RoC implementing a squeezer alternative?
I do not really want to add a machine which is purely designed to replace that of another mod.

Anything the Forestry centrifuge can, as well as a few additional recipes. I recommend just going to the java code if you understand it.

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
Anything the Forestry centrifuge can, as well as a few additional recipes. I recommend just going to the java code if you understand it.

I really don't, but understand if you don't care to hold my hand on the issue. I gave it a cursory try before realizing that I probably wouldn't recognize it if I did see it.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I do not really want to add a machine which is purely designed to replace that of another mod.

Could we grind things that would be squeezed? All the honey drops I squeeze for liquid honey don't sound that different than grinding seeds for lubricant (a fluid).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Could we grind things that would be squeezed? All the honey drops I squeeze for liquid honey don't sound that different than grinding seeds for lubricant (a fluid).
That does not make much sense to me.

I really don't, but understand if you don't care to hold my hand on the issue. I gave it a cursory try before realizing that I probably wouldn't recognize it if I did see it.
I wonder if I could hook this into NEI somehow...

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
Our server also added two crafting recipes for slime. One with leather, a bone, and a bucket of water, the other with a block of flesh (9 zombie flesh), a bone, and a bucket of water. We reasoned that slime must be similar to jello made from keratin, and that process if fairly straightforward on Wikipedia. Leather was a quality ingredient and cows grow slowly, but zombie flesh is everywhere and you had to supply more.

Nice idea. I'll check into how to add my own crafting recipes since I didn't know that was an option.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Nice idea. I'll check into how to add my own crafting recipes since I didn't know that was an option.

Minetweaker:

Code:
# Glue from good components via leather + bone + water bucket

recipes.addShapeless(<item.slimeball>, [<item.leather>,
                                        <item.bone>,
                                        <item.bucketWater>.transformReplace(<item.bucket>)]);

# Glue from crap components via block of flesh (9 rotten) + bone + water bucket

recipes.addShapeless(<item.slimeball>, [<2421:2>,
                                        <item.bone>,

# In case anything gets confused, Slime = Glue + green dye

recipes.addShapeless(<item.slimeball>, [<14276:36>, <ore:dyeGreen>]);

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Minetweaker:

Code:
# Glue from good components via leather + bone + water bucket

recipes.addShapeless(<item.slimeball>, [<item.leather>,
                                        <item.bone>,

# Glue from crap components via block of flesh (9 rotten) + bone + water bucket

recipes.addShapeless(<item.slimeball>, [<2421:2>,
                                        <item.bone>,

# In case anything gets confused, Slime = Glue + green dye

recipes.addShapeless(<item.slimeball>, [<14276:36>, <ore:dyeGreen>]);
The code is different in 1.7:
http://pastebin.com/01J786mE

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest the capability for the portable tank to extract from Extra Utilities barrels?
Wrong mod thread. Have you tried TE's thread? EDIT: Unless I missed something and RoC added something called a portable tank. I don't have access to Minecraft right now, so...if I am wildly off base, I am sorry.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there is a RoC portable backup fuel tank that holds 16,000 mb of fluid. It can interact with RoC engines, reservoirs, and will auto refill jetpacks.