Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Greggie will complain about anything....hell, he complains about my base since it's giving him "inferiority complexes".
Well to be fair....he did die three times and lose all items except for tinkers tools once.. So it is justified about my base.

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Well to be fair....he did die three times and lose all items except for tinkers tools once.. So it is justified about my base.
I need to write an instruction manual for these prefab bases.
1. Stone is not foolproof, and the 2 wide convenience moat has a low chance of creepers making holes from 2.5 blocks away.
2. In case of emergency, patch the hole quickly.
3. The affromentioned chance increases as you taunt the creepers. Don't taunt the creepers.
4. Don't swim in the moat at night, you will die.
5. Don't use vanilla doors. Zombies are still capable of breaking them and getting in the same route you do.
6. Indoor turrets and golems are advised but not neccesairy given sufficient huddling at night.

Reactions: Demosthenex

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Normally I would reserve this question for the general Reika's mods post on minecraft forums, but there seems to be a slightly more advanced and helpful community here. Has anyone generated configs for microblocks for decoration blocks in Reika's mods? Especially geostrata, and chromaticraft, and any miscellaneous from RoC or ReC. I am using 1.7.10, so old ones probably won't be helpful. I know it's not terribly difficult to do myself, but just borrowing someone else's for that long list would be great:D

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Normally I would reserve this question for the general Reika's mods post on minecraft forums, but there seems to be a slightly more advanced and helpful community here. Has anyone generated configs for microblocks for decoration blocks in Reika's mods? Especially geostrata, and chromaticraft, and any miscellaneous from RoC or ReC. I am using 1.7.10, so old ones probably won't be helpful. I know it's not terribly difficult to do myself, but just borrowing someone else's for that long list would be great:D
GeoStrata should have default microblock support.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
GeoStrata should have default microblock support.
So, not all of them are showing up. Currently, from any of your mods, there are only microblocks for fluorite, blast glass, steel blocks, bedrock ingot block, lonsdaleite, anthracite, and the granites from Geostrata. The dye blocks from Chromaticraft are also there, but they aren't colored in microblock form. I'm not sure what side this error might be from if it is one..

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So, not all of them are showing up. Currently, from any of your mods, there are only microblocks for fluorite, blast glass, steel blocks, bedrock ingot block, lonsdaleite, anthracite, and the granites from Geostrata. The dye blocks from Chromaticraft are also there, but they aren't colored in microblock form. I'm not sure what side this error might be from if it is one..
The uncolored microblocks are to be expected, but the rest of it is beyond me.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The uncolored microblocks are to be expected, but the rest of it is beyond me.
I guess the color is rendered programmatically instead of having a texture for every color? Maybe this would be a better idea because it gives resource packs more control and it would solve the microblocks issue.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Had an idea, dunno if its been suggested but here goes:
Spring powered minecarts. Place a coil winder and maybe a 2x steel gear in a minecart, and you can place a spring in its interface to make it go. It would also be nice if it had an on/off switch, and maybe a speed setting.

There could also be an alternative version, made with an industrial coil which is either charged in the worktable by swapping out discharged coils for charged ones, or by a shaft outputting into a charging track, or just add the check to any shaft which is outputting power into a non-power recieving block. (Dont know if this would be excessively laggy?)

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of ethanol, i just did some calculating of the distillery's one to one conversion of rotarycraft ethanol to forestry ethanol, and i think the conversion should be nerfed a bit...
In a boiler, the 500mb from one crystal can provide 1.44 million rf, which, assuming i have the right kw to rf conversion rate, is about 8 gigajoules of energy. That's eqivalent to running a performance engine for about 31,000 seconds.

Reactions: Pyure

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually 405 MJ (1 RF/t = 20 RF/s = 5628 W) , but yea still pretty much if you compare it to the 3.9 MJ that one crystal produces in a gas engine.
But well to convert it back into shaft power you'd need a magnetostatic and lubricant.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Speaking of ethanol, i just did some calculating of the distillery's one to one conversion of rotarycraft ethanol to forestry ethanol, and i think the conversion should be nerfed a bit...
In a boiler, the 500mb from one crystal can provide 1.44 million rf, which, assuming i have the right kw to rf conversion rate, is about 8 gigajoules of energy. That's eqivalent to running a performance engine for about 31,000 seconds.
You cannot convert RC ethanol to Forestry ethanol.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
First, as Reika mentioned, Geostrata does actually have native FMP support; the mod registers all of its stone automatically on launch:
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/GeoStrata/blob/master/GeoStrata.java#L127
Adding them manually to the FMP config does not help, because I've tried it. Some of the decorative blocks aren't registered, which you can do so by adding
"GeoStrata:geostrata_block_deco":0-5

Second, unfortunately there's some obscure bug either somewhere in GeoStrata, or Forge Multipart that prevents most of Geostrata's blocks from working. When Geostrata attempts to register its own blocks, this is what happens:
http://pastebin.com/sQNhgxqf

Going over the log:
  • the decorative Geostrata blocks "GeoStrata:geostrata_block_deco":0-5 register properly as tile.DecoBlocks_0-5
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_granite_smooth" registers as tile.null
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_granite_cobble":0, which is the normal cobblestone, also tries to register as tile.null, which fails
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_granite_cobble":1-11 register as tile.null_1-11
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_basalt_smooth" tries to register as tile.null, which fails
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_basalt_cobble":0-11 tries to register as tile.null_0-11 which fails
  • all subsequent Geostrata stone tries to register as some tile.null variant and fails

I've sent a message to Reika about it, but he wasn't sure why this happens. Your options are to either read the Forge Multipart code yourself and figure out what's going wrong, then fix it and submit a pull request (hope you know Scala), or ask ChickenBones and see if he can figure it out.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
First, as Reika mentioned, Geostrata does actually have native FMP support; the mod registers all of its stone automatically on launch:
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/GeoStrata/blob/master/GeoStrata.java#L127
Adding them manually to the FMP config does not help, because I've tried it. Some of the decorative blocks aren't registered, which you can do so by adding

Second, unfortunately there's some obscure bug either somewhere in GeoStrata, or Forge Multipart that prevents most of Geostrata's blocks from working. When Geostrata attempts to register its own blocks, this is what happens:
http://pastebin.com/sQNhgxqf

Going over the log:
  • the decorative Geostrata blocks "GeoStrata:geostrata_block_deco":0-5 register properly as tile.DecoBlocks_0-5
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_granite_smooth" registers as tile.null
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_granite_cobble":0, which is the normal cobblestone, also tries to register as tile.null, which fails
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_granite_cobble":1-11 register as tile.null_1-11
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_basalt_smooth" tries to register as tile.null, which fails
  • "GeoStrata:geostrata_rock_basalt_cobble":0-11 tries to register as tile.null_0-11 which fails
  • all subsequent Geostrata stone tries to register as some tile.null variant and fails

I've sent a message to Reika about it, but he wasn't sure why this happens. Your options are to either read the Forge Multipart code yourself and figure out what's going wrong, then fix it and submit a pull request (hope you know Scala), or ask ChickenBones and see if he can figure it out.
My best guess at this point is that FMP's auto-naming system is likely broken somehow.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot convert RC ethanol to Forestry ethanol.
The distillery says that you can convert 1mb of ethanol into 1mb of ethanol.
... Wait, I just realized that that probably means converting Forestry ethanol into RoC ethanol, doesn't it?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
That makes more sense. The distillery distills non-RC liquids into RC liquids. Well if you want to lose 99% of the energy...