Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably make the Handbook a bit easier to understand and navigate if you would design it like the Thaumcraft book (only the layout, not the researching mechanic) and add a page that describes what machines you should build in order to progress through the early game of the mod.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably make the Handbook a bit easier to understand and navigate if you would design it like the Thaumcraft book (only the layout, not the researching mechanic) and add a page that describes what machines you should build in order to progress through the early game of the mod.
Honestly, I semi agree. I understand that there is probably a reason that the handbook is laid out the way it is, but it can be very confusing to understand to a beginner. *1Matthias is now hiding in warded stone bunker*

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Do they not already? They should be handled like every other mod leaf.
Nope
I think it's because they aren't oredicted as "treeLeaves" but instead "leavesRubber"
The dry rubber leaves aren't oredicted at all.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Nope
I think it's because they aren't oredicted as "treeLeaves" but instead "leavesRubber"
The dry rubber leaves aren't oredicted at all.
I do not use the ore dictionary.

I personally hate that layout, and additionally do not think the style of the TC book is at all appropriate.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose it's understandable to not want to redesign the entire manual. It's quite a bit behind updates if I recall. Now that I think about it having it easy to read would probably be a disaster for servers running it due to the stupider greifer population getting access to powerful greifing methods.

Here's an interesting bug I found last night:

ek5gq.gif

The meta is real.

EDIT: You can use this along side the chain drive dupe to get infinite free power up to 1 GW.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I suppose it's understandable to not want to redesign the entire manual. It's quite a bit behind updates if I recall. Now that I think about it having it easy to read would probably be a disaster for servers running it due to the stupider greifer population getting access to powerful greifing methods.

Here's an interesting bug I found last night:

ek5gq.gif

The meta is real.

EDIT: You can use this along side the chain drive dupe to get infinite free power up to 1 GW.
I can't make out the issue due to low resolution. I'm guessing the junction is still supplying two coils worth of power when you "turn off" one of them.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
There's an infinite feedback loop which causes the shaft power to keep going up and up.

If you keep it going you eventually get a torque so high it wraps around and goes into the negatives.

It's essentially a derp physics battery. It holds shaft power but cannot duplicate it.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I do not use the ore dictionary.

I personally hate that layout, and additionally do not think the style of the TC book is at all appropriate.
I personally hate that layout too, but think a revised layout for the RoC book would look much better than it is now. Maybe just the second part of the request? I personally was completely lost at first, as the handbook was laid out such that I ended up just saying "Ermmm...red=output, green=input...OOHH! Infinite power cell! Just using that!" So please, could the notebook be laid out more sensibly?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Somebody's gotta ask: what's the fuel consumption rate for that 2x power output? (obviously its not going to be a terribly efficient way to spend fuel)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A cynic might point out that they can just combine two engines and save fuel, but I gather that's harder to do beyond (4?) engines now.

2.5x is more generous than I expected. I figured it would be 3 or 4x, so, fun :)

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
That afterburner feature is fucking beautiful. Well done.

The particle effect sort of irks me though. I don't like the yellow and red mix. Wouldn't a lava particle effect be more fitting? Maybe not considering lava particles can collide with blocks. I guess it would look better if it was concentrated yellow near the start with tapering red at the end.

Last edited: