Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how well it fits but here's an idea for another rotary craft engine (albeit over used perhaps). Geothermal.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not sure how well it fits but here's an idea for another rotary craft engine (albeit over used perhaps). Geothermal.
The problem with geothermal power is that it will quickly suffer from the same issue hydrokinetics did before their lubricant requirements were introduced; lava is so cheap that people will opt to spam them rather than use anything else.

Reactions: Pyure

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The problem with geothermal power is that it will quickly suffer from the same issue hydrokinetics did before their lubricant requirements were introduced; lava is so cheap that people will opt to spam them rather than use anything else.
You could make it so that out has to be below a certain level (y=4 for example) and that it can't be within x number of blocks of another one to prevent "overheating". That would prevent spam but still slow for it to be a viable energy source.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Do your mods work on Linux computers? I have just upgraded to Linux from Windows Xp, and I need to know if my mods will work on Linux.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I'd request that there be a mechanism to convert Ethanol and Blaze Powder/Gunpowder (performance additives) to liquids to be piped around. I know there is some limited support for liquid Ethanol, but I haven't see anything for additives.

In another thread I also saw balance questions and items about unlocking technologies in a progression. A bit more direction as to tiers of power generation would be nice, and I'd love to see more mechanics like Tungsten be used for unlocking later techs.

For those who don't know, you can only get Tungsten from using the Extractor on Redstone ore, which isn't cheap to setup or power. Next you need at least 1 MW on a friction heater to smelt it, which using lower end engines is quite difficult. Then again I setup a microturbine and jet fuel to make Tungsten, then discovered I could have just used an industrial coil *facepalm*.

Reactions: 1M Industries

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Another feature would be to have the ability to create yeast for fermentation without dirt. That was the only non-renewable I ran into during Ethanol production.

Perhaps your initial batch of yeast needs dirt, but after that sugar and a fermentation medium (potatoes? leaves?) would be enough to "breed" more yeast without dirt? That yeast would later be consumed in the making of Ethanol sludge.

Reactions: 1M Industries

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Java, the programming language minecraft is written in, is a "glue language" aka a cross-platform language. It will work on any operating system. The same is true for mods.
True in principle, but it is more complex like that. There are native libraries and using some might end up in a mod that only works on certain OSes. Reikas don't fall into this category though. OpenComputers does for example, although it is written so it has a fallback with some features missing where there is no native version.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
True in principle, but it is more complex like that. There are native libraries and using some might end up in a mod that only works on certain OSes. Reikas don't fall into this category though. OpenComputers does for example, although it is written so it has a fallback with some features missing where there is no native version.
What certain OSes? Is Linux supported?

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
All current ones Minecraft runs on are afaik, not sure about BSD. It mainly hits older Windows versions. Check their thread on MCF, it's explicitly stated somewhere.
What does afaik mean? Sorry about being a noob, just installed Linux yesterday.