Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika I think you should make a rotarycraft suggestions page with all the things that are being suggested. Plus it would all be in one area and people could easily find it and make suggestions and you could see user feedback on what suggestions are liked.
I agree with this, so here it is. Feel free to suggest anything reasonable in terms of content additions or modifications.

Under no circumstances am I obligated to include anything suggested on this thread.
If I do reject your idea, I will explain my reasons for doing so, but do not get aggressive or pushy.

Notes:
  • While you may also suggest content removal, such suggestions are extremely unlikely to get approval unless they fix major problems.
  • Suggestions which go against the four main tenets of the RC mod design - realism, extremely powerful endgame, advanced rendering, and learning over grinding - are almost certainly going to be flatly rejected without very good justification. Again, however, you will be informed of this.
  • If you see a suggestion you like, use the 'like' feature of the forum, as an impromptu voting system.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it falls under realism (or even if it's the newer version of RoC) but a shaft power bus and controller, but used to merge power. I think that would be kind of realistic and very useful!

An upgrade for the borer. By upgrade I mean a pricy upgrade that let's you get a bigger area mined. That could be either scaleable (1 upgrade = 1 extra row) or a one/few shot upgrade (like the magnetostatic). And when I mean pricy, it also mean need of endgame stuff!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not sure if it falls under realism (or even if it's the newer version of RoC) but a shaft power bus and controller, but used to merge power. I think that would be kind of realistic and very useful!

An upgrade for the borer. By upgrade I mean a pricy upgrade that let's you get a bigger area mined. That could be either scaleable (1 upgrade = 1 extra row) or a one/few shot upgrade (like the magnetostatic). And when I mean pricy, it also mean need of endgame stuff!
I kind of like both of these.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
a form of base defense that wont leave the outside of my fort looking like war torn Italy. i was thinking miniguns and other turret mounted defenses

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
less lag. seriously, that is all i have too ask. everything else is great.[DOUBLEPOST=1401339426][/DOUBLEPOST]

i am getting a scalable multiblock feel from the borer upgrade suggestion.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It has been proven that a majority of the lag problems come from rendering.
Caveat: That depends on the computer specs. On gaming computers (read: 2+ $800+ graphics cards, $150- CPU), it may well be the simulation.

Could you see if you can make light bridges go through portalgun portals? That would be awesome.
Interesting and desirable but extremely difficult.

a form of base defense that wont leave the outside of my fort looking like war torn Italy. i was thinking miniguns and other turret mounted defenses
There is a config option for the really destructive machines, and there are several, like the arrow gun, that deal no terrain damage at all.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Caveat: That depends on the computer specs. On gaming computers (read: 2+ $800+ graphics cards, $150- CPU), it may well be the simulation.

There is a config option for the really destructive machines, and there are several, like the arrow gun, that deal no terrain damage at all.
Ok. I was going to make portal 2 in minecraft. Sorta. Along with the nuclear power plant.
Also, by those specs, my computer is NOT a gaming computer. If you like pong though, it is perfect. ;)

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

you missed the "scaleable multiblock" part of my post.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this on the other thread regarding wearable Faraday cages for working on your death machines.

Chainmail would conduct electricity, amplifying the damage. Ever see the results of people getting hit by lightning while wearing music devices?

I think what the OP had in mind was something like this
JL_5695.jpg

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
A small aesthetic request from my side. I think the RotaryCraft pipes are all a bit bulky. Especially compared to other mods (but then I'm used to EnderIO pipes which are very tiny). I'm not saying you should make them tiny but in some cases the pipes seem bigger then the machine to which it is connected. I suppose that it fits better with big multiblock machines like the reactor and turbines and such but with the smaller machines the big bulky pipes are a bit on the large side.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this on the other thread regarding wearable Faraday cages for working on your death machines.

I think what the OP had in mind was something like this
JL_5695.jpg
That is what I was saying on the other forum. If you had a full suit of chainmail, you would have a Faraday suit. Faraday suits are made to keep you safe from thousands of volts.

Last edited: