Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
* Steam gauge of some sort. Don't think its possible with current setup, but being able to determine the "pressure" on a particular steamline block would be very nice.
* Smaller hit box on steam lines. I can't figure out how to gauge the temperature of a boiler through a steamline, and have to break the line to check.
* Not a feature request as such, but the Heater block forgets its temperature target setting when you re-enter the world.

Edited: #1 already done. Woops. You can angular-transducer steamlines to get this information.

Last edited:

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
* Steam gauge of some sort. Don't think its possible with current setup, but being able to determine the "pressure" on a particular steamline block would be very nice.
* Smaller hit box on steam lines. I can't figure out how to gauge the temperature of a boiler through a steamline, and have to break the line to check.
* Not a feature request as such, but the Heater block forgets its temperature target setting when you re-enter the world.
Also, the friction heater briefly goes to negative temperatures after stopping and restarting the engine attached to it. It can get to negative several million before it wraps around to 2000C.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
  • Charcoal for steel production, not coal. As you even said, the coal isn't for heat, it's for carbon, and charcoal is more pure then coal for carbon(a misconception many mods have suffered)
  • A form of base defense that has the free aiming of a railgun or LASER turret, but is less world breaking then either of those(ideally a coil gun, or just an upgraded arrow gun that can aim freely)
  • For any multiblock, a page in the respective book how how to craft and use them
  • An idiots guide to electricty in game documentation for ElectriCraft, maybe with some helpful numbers
  • A calculator item in DragonAPI, because I have the feeling that it'll help some of the stupider folks out there, or those of us who need one because we're having trouble getting rid of that crutch.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
  • Charcoal for steel production, not coal. As you even said, the coal isn't for heat, it's for carbon, and charcoal is more pure then coal for carbon(a misconception many mods have suffered)
  • A form of base defense that has the free aiming of a railgun or LASER turret, but is less world breaking then either of those(ideally a coil gun, or just an upgraded arrow gun that can aim freely)
  • For any multiblock, a page in the respective book how how to craft and use them
  • An idiots guide to electricty in game documentation for ElectriCraft, maybe with some helpful numbers
  • A calculator item in DragonAPI, because I have the feeling that it'll help some of the stupider folks out there, or those of us who need one because we're having trouble getting rid of that crutch.
I mainly like the charcoal idea, as it is true to reality.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I mainly like the charcoal idea, as it is true to reality.
I think the reason charcoal is not used is because it is a balance thing and you can make an infinite production of charcoal easily so to make it so you can use charcoal to make steel would allow steal to be made a ton easier.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
A inefficient but grinder-less way of making lube. say you combine 7 masses (the crafted storage version of the seeds) of canola seeds with a bucket and stone (to press the oil out) you get one bucket of lube (or an amount/ method that you find balanced). Essentially a less efficient method of grinder-less lube.
This would let you play with gearboxes a little sooner as running them without lube is just... no. I mean for a starter grinder setup you can either go a worm gear to get enough torque out of a single steam engine to produce your starter lube. But it feels odd that a mere 4:1 wooden gearbox works better then a construct made of steel.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
A inefficient but grinder-less way of making lube. say you combine 7 masses (the crafted storage version of the seeds) of canola seeds with a bucket and stone (to press the oil out) you get one bucket of lube (or an amount/ method that you find balanced). Essentially a less efficient method of grinder-less lube.
This would let you play with gearboxes a little sooner as running them without lube is just... no. I mean for a starter grinder setup you can either go a worm gear to get enough torque out of a single steam engine to produce your starter lube. But it feels odd that a mere 4:1 wooden gearbox works better then a construct made of steel.
i can't help but think what my classmates would say to that. "hur hur lube" (not me.)

Last edited:
Reactions: filimaryus and Dezz

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get a "Beginner's Checklist" page in each handbook? For those of us (like me) who are just getting started with the whole "Reika's mods" age.
Sort of like a tiered progression chart... or something. The achievements are okay, but not really self-explanatory.

Also: what are your thoughts on a reconditioner-type machine, something that could (slowly at first, but faster toward the endgame?) restore an item's damage value?
And this is kind of crazy, but I'll just toss it out here anyway: how about a refabricator machine that would duplicate items based on their something (rarity? expensiveness? complexity?) value? Probably OP, but it is a suggestion, so...

Reactions: Garth nailo

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get a "Beginner's Checklist" page in each handbook? For those of us (like me) who are just getting started with the whole "Reika's mods" age.
Sort of like a tiered progression chart... or something. The achievements are okay, but not really self-explanatory.

Also: what are your thoughts on a reconditioner-type machine, something that could (slowly at first, but faster toward the endgame?) restore an item's damage value?
And this is kind of crazy, but I'll just toss it out here anyway: how about a refabricator machine that would duplicate items based on their something (rarity? expensiveness? complexity?) value? Probably OP, but it is a suggestion, so...
I think you threw Reika's #1 rule out the window: Realism.

Reactions: 1M Industries