Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
:p I'm fine with Reika for the details, but that just makes me laugh. An atom-sized machine in MC.
Now, could we get some form of electric machines for ElC, or an ElC API? Because I like the idea of realistic electric machines.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want nano machines, atomic-level stuff, you might want to look at a 147 mod:

The top row contains the two crafting items, the NanoLathe to the left and the NanoLens to the right. I mean, we are working with individual atoms here. Specialized tools are required.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ow-goo-with-machines-plague-world-dimensions/

(warning: This mod has the potential for a minecraft-shattering kaboom.)
yeah man, you need to be realistic; like bedrock pickaxes, spawner controllers ... etc. you get the idea. realism.

The idea of using the hardest material known to minecraft as a tool material, to produce the sharpest known tools able to harvest things as they are, without any problems, is not unrealistic. So yea, a bedrock pick-axe having silk touch, because it can dig any material and harvest it out, is perfectly OK.

Spawner controllers ... well, I guarantee you that any controller for a real-like spawner will behave just like that in-game one :).

(Find a real life spawner, and show me that the controller for it does not work that way.)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
nanomachines are the size of atoms, theoretically. if supplied with carbon, they could (theoretically) rebuild a diamond-like structure. theoretically. lol

i mean it's all grey area.

Actually they can be made up of hundreds of atoms the nano part just mean's super duper small.

Also saying they are the size of atoms is like saying a house is the size of bricks. Technically I'm the size of atoms it just depends on the amount we are talking about here.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If you really want nano machines, atomic-level stuff, you might want to look at a 147 mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ow-goo-with-machines-plague-world-dimensions/

(warning: This mod has the potential for a minecraft-shattering kaboom.)

The idea of using the hardest material known to minecraft as a tool material, to produce the sharpest known tools able to harvest things as they are, without any problems, is not unrealistic. So yea, a bedrock pick-axe having silk touch, because it can dig any material and harvest it out, is perfectly OK.

Spawner controllers ... well, I guarantee you that any controller for a real-like spawner will behave just like that in-game one :).

(Find a real life spawner, and show me that the controller for it does not work that way.)
This. The MC game world obviously departs from the real one in many places. However, once you take it at face value, you can apply real-world rules to it. Shafts through portals are one of the best examples. Portals are of course unrealistic. However, once you have the portal, there is nothing unrealistic about shoving a shaft through it.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
last two posts are completely the reason i bowed out of this conversation yesterday; i remembered that i am talking to an audience that can't take a point and move on, sorry to characterize fans of a particular mod/author like that, but hey... those getting into the details of any "example" i brought up illustrate my point.

the original intent of bringing up those examples is long lost, and there is no reason to discuss further. thanks.

Reactions: psp

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, two things.
1. If you want realism, go play TerraFirmaCraft. That's probably as realistic as you're gonna get.

2. I haven't used any of your mods, but I think it would be nice to have laser security systems, as in if a player steps in one of the lasers, it triggers something.

3. Also, something similar to an Iron Man suit. Apparently the U.S military is developing something like it, so it's (somewhat) realistic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, two things.
1. If you want realism, go play TerraFirmaCraft. That's probably as realistic as you're gonna get.

2. I haven't used any of your mods, but I think it would be nice to have laser security systems, as in if a player steps in one of the lasers, it triggers something.

3. Also, something similar to an Iron Man suit. Apparently the U.S military is developing something like it, so it's (somewhat) realistic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Items and tools in Rotarycraft tend to be springloaded and need to be wound up. So you are suggesting a clockwork Ironman suit, you'd be HSLAboy

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Not a suggestion for a new block or item, but a fix for an old one.

The shaft power buses and controller seem to act kinda funky with each other.

It seems that sometimes the shaft power bus controller will connect to my devices (Which is currently 18 fans), but will shortly lose the connection for some reason.

I don't know, just a little quirk I have.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not a suggestion for a new block or item, but a fix for an old one.

The shaft power buses and controller seem to act kinda funky with each other.

It seems that sometimes the shaft power bus controller will connect to my devices (Which is currently 18 fans), but will shortly lose the connection for some reason.

I don't know, just a little quirk I have.
Mine - also with fans - has remained functional for the last nine months.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
* the central reactor control block seems to lose power when you load a world, causing all control rods to drop. I'm powering mine via ElectriCraft; I'm guessing the control block is loading before the power source. (Apparently I can't read thread titles; this is a ReactorCraft suggestion)
* better terraformer info in manual; I still can't get it to work.
* ...nothing else really.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, finally, I have an actually-ok-idea

In keeping with RoC's ability to run shafts through portals, I'd love if RoC or ReC allowed us to actually create portals of some kind. It would subvert the rather strong dependance this mod has on TE Tesseracts.

If I'm sending power to my boring machine operations, I would *much* rather see my pipes go through a Reika-mod sparkly singularity thing of some sort than a cross-mod tesseract. Ditto for sending power to the Nether and whatnot.

Reactions: YX33A

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

In keeping with RoC's ability to run shafts through portals, I'd love if RoC or ReC allowed us to actually create portals of some kind. It would subvert the rather strong dependance this mod has on TE Tesseracts.

If I'm sending power to my boring machine operations, I would *much* rather see my pipes go through a Reika-mod sparkly singularity thing of some sort than a cross-mod tesseract. Ditto for sending power to the Nether and whatnot.
Perhaps an addition to Geostrata since Geostrata is more of the magic mod?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

Maybe you have to turn the shaft power into lasers. Then you have to send up a satellite and then you can beam the power up and down. Lots of infrastructure.

Reactions: RealSketch