Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need an item loop- just running the flakes from your extractor vomits a tonne of exp.

I have like a quarter bedrockium drum full of xp from the furnaces I have running.

I have no idea what to do with it, most things I'd get from a spawner I have already have from magic crops.

But I am loathe to void it out.

Or use faster item transport. :p

If something is worth doing, it's worth over doing.

That or install the router reborn mod, set up like 10 blast furnaces, have 9 routers each targeting a different slot that corresponds to one of the iron slots, then pipes going to the routers on round robin, or a sfm setup sending ingots out in packets of nine.

Which is what I will end up doing when I move into that volumes of hsla steel needed.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Phase 1 is implemented:
wYD2GSs.png

InxtnSK.png

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, I could never get SFM to actually do anything. I might use pneumastic item pipe thingies with a steam engine or something on the end.

*runs a few numbers*

Hm...so, Nuclear Two's HP turbine could do 131,072 stacks of items a tick. You know you've made it when you build a nuclear reactor solely for the purpose of item transportation.

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
*throws money at screen to make Reika release v7 already*

Well, shit. Why isn't that working?! :p

Good thing I really dont like my current Nether spawn, nuking it for worldgen will not be a problem at all. Also possibly another hole in the ground somewhere in my test world... which is about par for course, really :)

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Has the rotational dynamo been nerfed and if so is there a reason? I'm only able to get 252 Rf/t out of it, where as when I last played I remember being able to convert to ~10K Rf/t.

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Remember the input limits.
Ahh ok but is there some balance reason? Because it would be nice to be able to produce massive amounts of RF without having to go all the way to reactorcraft or use big reactors, and 252 rf/t is pretty low.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I have been using his post as a checklist. :p
I do hope my recollection of how thorium reactors work is sufficiently accurate, then.

Some more notes, I made an error in my post regarding lithium; it is primarily found in naturally occurring volcanic brines (of which I can think of no in-game analogue), and in stone ores alongside other igneous mineral deposits. Given its volcanic origin and extremely low density, however, in an environment such as the nether, without any deposits of water for it to incorporate itself into, it is still likely that molten lithium would naturally rise to the surface of magma deposits and be mechanically separable from there. Also I like the idea (and subsequent technological challenges) of a machine that extracts something useful from nether magma.

As for the fluorides, based on some quick research, if we want to remain chemically accurate about how beryllium fluoride is produced, the process for extracting beryllium hydroxide from beryl (emeralds) is close enough to how the extractor works that a secondary output from emerald ore is plausible. Reacting beryllium hydroxide with ammonium bifluoride, then heating it to 1000C will produce beryllium fluoride, with ammonia, hydrogen fluoride and water as a byproduct. To get ammonium bifluoride, we need to react ammonia with hydrofluoric acid. Good, no new materials required so far.

condensed version:
ammonia + hydrogen fluoride = ammonium bifluoride
emerald ore -> extractor = beryllium oxide
ammonium bifluoride + beryllium oxide + 1000C = beryllium fluoride + hydrogen fluoride + ammonia + water

For lithium fluoride, I am not entirely sure what compound natural lithium is most commonly bound up in, but mixing most common compounds of lithium with hydrofluoric acid seems to produce lithium fluoride, woo.

Once we have both beryllium fluoride and lithium fluoride, they must be mixed together at a ratio of 2:1 LiF and BeF2, and melted at 459C to produce FLiBe, the Liquid Fluoride part of Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor.

As for the structural alloy used for the reactor itself and most of the piping, some simplification for the sake of gameplay might have to be used. The Molten Salt Reactor Experiment used Hastelloy-N, an alloy of about 70% nickel, 16% molybdenum, 7% chromium, 5% iron and trace amounts of cobalt, tungsten, silicon, manganese and carbon. Introducing 7? new elements just for one part of the mod seems excessive. Pure carbon theoretically works until it starts to crack, but for the sake of simplicity I would recommend not bothering and simply making the LFTR core out of bedrock, and using already-existent bedrock pipes for this purpose.

The last two things that might require some creativity are how to actually turn the produced heat into energy, and how process the salt mixture in a realistic fashion. I believe the original ORNL Molten Salt Reactor Experiment did not actually bother utilizing the heat it produced, since it was only a test reactor, and theoretical designs are somewhat complicated, involving multiple steps of heat exchanging before getting to the part involving turbines. As for salt (re)processing, ignoring all the complex chemistry and simply sending the dirty salt through a centrifuge might have to do: if nuclear scientists have yet to fully figure this step out, I don't have much of a chance myself.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh ok but is there some balance reason? Because it would be nice to be able to produce massive amounts of RF without having to go all the way to reactorcraft or use big reactors, and 252 rf/t is pretty low.

A rotational dynamo can only handle 1,024Nm @ 8,192 rad/s, and will output 16,131 RF/t when powered fully. However, any excess on either side (torque or speed) will be wasted, so use gearboxes get the shaft power to within the limits of the dynamo, and you should see an increase in output.

Reactions: Mattasdqwe

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
It would be good if the manual declared what the bedrock tools do , like the special abilities, and to be honest I don't know what handsaw is for. Also the jet engine pulls me, even when there are solid objects between us, is this intended?

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
The handsaw is for Forge MultiPart. The jet engine pulling working through blocks probably isn't precisely intended so much as NOT doing that would be computationally expensive, and I agree the handbook should probably tell you the special abilities of the bedrock tools.

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
Bedrock Axe is definitely my favourite. Normally I make a TiC Lumber Axe and call it "Gaia's Bane"... then one day, I discovered bedrock and how very, very afraid Gaia should be :D

Only tree I've never been game/stupid enough to try was a Sacred Rubber, I know the TwiFor Oaks and Natura Redwoods cannot withstand the awesomeness that is contained within such an axe. Your inventory, on the other hand...