Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it is, but I don't have access to the crash log (its server-side, and I don't gots access to it) to conclusively prove anything either way. Just figured I'd say something instead of keeping quiet about it, ya know?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
While watching SentinalhMC's tutorial videos about Rotarycraft, Reactorcraft, and now Eletricraft, a thought occurred. Now, I know every OS out there has one built in, but for the sake of convenience before either tabbing out or risking blowing things up, something I'd really like to see added is... a calculator in game.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
While watching SentinalhMC's tutorial videos about Rotarycraft, Reactorcraft, and now Eletricraft, a thought occurred. Now, I know every OS out there has one built in, but for the sake of convenience before either tabbing out or risking blowing things up, something I'd really like to see added is... a calculator in game.
I had one half-implemented very early on. It was soon cancelled.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly that should just be a chat function. WoW runs the chat through a lua interperter at some stage (it's how your commands like macros and crap actually work I'm guessing, the addons are all LUA too. Half the reason I want to learn LUA actually, the other being awesome OpenComputers and ComputerCraft skillz).

I get so used to just "/dump 5120/16/32*8" so I don't have to think through the math all in my head.

/calc 2^10
/calc sqrt((9^8*64*64/256))
^^ How much cobble will fit in an unupgraded Jabba barrel if octuple compressed, represented as the side length of the square created if you filled the world to build height and replaced the bedrock.

Though honestly it should be a standalone micro-mod

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
If you can can't by 2's, 2.4.8.16.32.64 and remember the number 65536, I'd say your in pretty good shape for most of rotarycraft

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really that simple? I must have misunderstood, does this logarithmic power...demand ratio that Reika refers to only affect machine output /processing in the future, when he initiates the multiple processes per tick stuff? I thought there was already a little of that. Was I wrong? I hope I was :)

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really that simple? I must have misunderstood, does this logarithmic power...demand ratio that Reika refers to only affect machine output /processing in the future, when he initiates the multiple processes per tick stuff? I thought there was already a little of that. Was I wrong? I hope I was :)
Ahh not for that, I don't believe. I just know how to convert from engine to machine effectively. But also, it is easy if you focus in meeting the torque requirement, that you can increase the speed real high until your hearts content.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019

There was sort of a little of that. It's also a fair bit different though.

For example, the Dew Point Aggregator, the r/s affects the speed, all the way down to .05s ( IE once a tick. ) However, the torque affects the amount of water produced per operation. This goes up to I think 2 buckets per operation, allowing for a total of 2 buckets per tick or 40 buckets per second. So, quite different, but it's also not like many of the other machines where you simply try to get them to 1 operation per tick.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019

For example, the Dew Point Aggregator, the r/s affects the speed, all the way down to .05s ( IE once a tick. ) However, the torque affects the amount of water produced per operation. This goes up to I think 2 buckets per operation, allowing for a total of 2 buckets per tick or 40 buckets per second. So, quite different, but it's also not like many of the other machines where you simply try to get them to 1 operation per tick.
Yea I think that one is an exception. But you completely correct

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

128kmB/cycle. :p

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly that should just be a chat function. WoW runs the chat through a lua interperter at some stage (it's how your commands like macros and crap actually work I'm guessing, the addons are all LUA too. Half the reason I want to learn LUA actually, the other being awesome OpenComputers and ComputerCraft skillz).

I get so used to just "/dump 5120/16/32*8" so I don't have to think through the math all in my head.

/calc 2^10
/calc sqrt((9^8*64*64/256))
^^ How much cobble will fit in an unupgraded Jabba barrel if octuple compressed, represented as the side length of the square created if you filled the world to build height and replaced the bedrock.

Though honestly it should be a standalone micro-mod
Shameless self promotion: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/smart-critter-killer

I'd be fine with just a command line tool as well, or a micromod as suggested, but if push comes to shove, I could do it with a pocket computer, and add presets for the torque and speed of engines, and buttons to show the resulting values after a set of gearboxes.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I lent out my TI. More basic than a graphing, but still has more than 20 buttons... I don't think I've used any of those functions more than once for something that wasn't school related other than the basic arithmetic operations (braces/parenthesis, exponents/powers, addition, multiplication, division, and subtraction).

Which honestly usually all you need is a basic 4-function that can handle parenthesis.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
That may be all you need, but isn't Rotarycraft all about taking things to super OP extremes? Calculate all the things!