Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Looking into it, anvils are coded stupidly, with most of the functional code done in the GUI/Container classes, which of course are hardcoded to only work with Blocks.anvil. This is going to be difficult to override.
Why not just use the grindstone?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
To my knowledge, the grindstone only works to repair damaged tools. The primary purpose of a vanilla anvil, for me at least, is to apply enchanted books to tools and armor.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh ...

... scary thing is: Even I can't think of a good reason not to. Everything else bedrock lasts forever.

EDIT: Oh, geez, in the *GUI* classes? Are you bleeping serious? How do servers validate a hacked client?

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Looking into it, anvils are coded stupidly, with most of the functional code done in the GUI/Container classes, which of course are hardcoded to only work with Blocks.anvil. This is going to be difficult to override.
KHACK!! Okay...Now that my monitor is covered in tea, let me say...ARE YOU %%#%^@# KIDDING ME?!?!!?! GUI!?!? GUI?!?!?! WHAT THE HECK???! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!? Maybe Microsoft taking over minecraft will be stopped when they see the level of idiocy of the coding and run away from it.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Mind explaining this for someone who is just learning to mod?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Mind explaining this for someone who is just learning to mod?
The post above answered you if you were asking about the anvil. If you were asking about the grindstone, it uses power to "grind a new edge on tools" which repairs them.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
In other words, Reika can't use the existing code for his anvil without some trickery.
@Reika CovertJaguar made a steel anvil in Railcraft. Maybe you could check his code to see how he did it?
I could in theory just replicate all the code in the vMC anvil, but that is essentially copying 2K lines of code I do not understand, something I never wish to do.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
That gives me an idea.

What if there was high-energy laser in electricraft that allows for the long-distance transfer of electricity? Lasers are just concentrated energy after all.

It would be pretty lossy over distance to make up for the convenience and would also sizzle anybody who stands in the way. Similar to the heat ray they would have infinite range at the cost of increased energy loss over distance. You can then reflect, split, or combine lasers off of mirrors in order to get them where you need them. When you have the laser beam where you need it you can then convert them into either watts or shaft power. Just be careful because water will diffract the light causing large energy losses. This includes rain and water blocks.

This also opens up a plausible avenue for quantum mechanics. Not to get too technical, all you would have to do is put two lasers at parallel and dye them the same color. Next, the lasers will be entangled so that the energy is shared between the both. This comes with a large downside of unreliability. Like real quantum entanglement, the link will be very unstable and any nearby loud sounds or sudden energy changes will break the link forcing you to re-install it.

Reactions: Wagon153

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That gives me an idea.

What if there was high-energy laser in electricraft that allows for the long-distance transfer of electricity? Lasers are just concentrated energy after all.

It would be pretty lossy over distance to make up for the convenience and would also sizzle anybody who stands in the way. Similar to the heat ray they would have infinite range at the cost of increased energy loss over distance. You can then reflect, split, or combine lasers off of mirrors in order to get them where you need them. When you have the laser beam where you need it you can then convert them into either watts or shaft power. Just be careful because water will diffract the light causing large energy losses. This includes rain and water blocks.

This also opens up a plausible avenue for quantum mechanics. Not to get too technical, all you would have to do is put two lasers at parallel and dye them the same color. Next, the lasers will be entangled so that the energy is shared between the both. This comes with a large downside of unreliability. Like real quantum entanglement, the link will be very unstable and any nearby loud sounds or sudden energy changes will break the link forcing you to re-install it.
This is definitely interesting, but I question how well it fits.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Energy transfer over extreme distances.

Other than interdimensional shaft power, you don't really have a lot of in-mod options for long distance transfer.

I suppose power lines could serve the same purpose, but lasers are exponentially more cool.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Energy transfer over extreme distances.

Other than interdimensional shaft power, you don't really have a lot of in-mod options for long distance transfer.

I suppose power lines could serve the same purpose, but lasers are exponentially more cool.
You're suggesting a mod based around rotational energy and the drive shaft to incorporate super lasers..... I for one see the super laser fitting better into other mods.