Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to assume that this thread is for RotaryCraft's add-ons as well as RotaryCraft itself.
Are electrum wires a possibility for ElectriCraft? Also, I've noticed that Reika frowns upon people changing the recipes for his mod, due to the fact that it potentially destroys the balance of the entire game. In preperation for the next JamPacked, I ask if certain recipe changes could be 'approved' by Reika, such as adding end-game items from other mods to the recipes of end-game items from this mod, etc.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm going to assume that this thread is for RotaryCraft's add-ons as well as RotaryCraft itself.
Are electrum wires a possibility for ElectriCraft?
I suppose, but it needs a use case.

Also, I've noticed that Reika frowns upon people changing the recipes for his mod, due to the fact that it potentially destroys the balance of the entire game. In preperation for the next JamPacked, I ask if certain recipe changes could be 'approved' by Reika, such as adding end-game items from other mods to the recipes of end-game items from this mod, etc.
No. You cannot add recipes that make my endgame content from other sources no matter the cost or difficulty of those other sources, as that completely removes the RotaryCraft techtree.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I don't exactly have a place to suggest this so I will here:
1. Could you make a Higher-Tier Meteor Radar or Config option for the ability to have the Meteor Radar's vaporize Meteors instead of make them Sky burst; It's making my lawn very dirt and sacrificing the benefit of free ores might just be fine for my house (Obviously outside, If I were underground I would not care)?
2. Could you add a Config Option for the Forcefield Generator that if a Meteor hits it instead of Sky bursting that they get Vaporized?
Reika even though it is not my place to "Demand" that you read this or make a response to this I'd really like atleast a no because I really would like that and I'd like to know if it has any chance at all of happening.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
So regarding the liquid pipes where they have a maximum pressure. How likely are you to hit max pressure? I'm concerned about pipe reliability in passive systems (ie: reservoir collects rainwater, feeds a long pipe, is it going to break silently).

I've twice had a break in a pipe with just reservoirs feeding it, once in my living room, the second time underground which was a pain to find. That makes me wonder if I should have fewer reservoirs or a longer pipe.

I could appreciate a machine pumping away too hard.

I also think I'm the only one doing finite water to have these passive issues. ;]

Rock on Reika.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reika even though it is not my place to "Demand" that you read this or make a response to this I'd really like atleast a no because I really would like that and I'd like to know if it has any chance at all of happening.
It is not high on my list of priorities.

So regarding the liquid pipes where they have a maximum pressure. How likely are you to hit max pressure? I'm concerned about pipe reliability in passive systems (ie: reservoir collects rainwater, feeds a long pipe, is it going to break silently).

I've twice had a break in a pipe with just reservoirs feeding it, once in my living room, the second time underground which was a pain to find. That makes me wonder if I should have fewer reservoirs or a longer pipe.

I could appreciate a machine pumping away too hard.

I also think I'm the only one doing finite water to have these passive issues. ;]

Rock on Reika.
Passive systems can never cause overpressure. Only active pumping can.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Passive systems can never cause overpressure. Only active pumping can.

That said, I've had two instance of breakage. I reviewed it, I'm using a suction pipe off a tank instead of directly connected to a reservoir. I'll try that directly and see if it behaves better.

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, out of curiosity would there be any chance of having a book for ElectriCraft like those available for RC and Reactorcraft? I understand a lot of the stuff in the mod is relatively self-explanatory, but at the same time documentation for Electricraft is pretty thin outside of the occasional spotlight video.

I'd also like to see documentation for the new Upgrade items added to the RC manual. I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what goes to what, besides the Afterburner upgrade going to the Gas Turbine, and I can't seem to figure out what the Magnetostatic Engine upgrades are now called either.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reika, out of curiosity would there be any chance of having a book for ElectriCraft like those available for RC and Reactorcraft? I understand a lot of the stuff in the mod is relatively self-explanatory, but at the same time documentation for Electricraft is pretty thin outside of the occasional spotlight video.

I'd also like to see documentation for the new Upgrade items added to the RC manual. I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what goes to what, besides the Afterburner upgrade going to the Gas Turbine, and I can't seem to figure out what the Magnetostatic Engine upgrades are now called either.
No, ElectriCraft is not complex or large enough to warrant it. Everything you need to know can be explained in a handful of wiki pages.

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
No, ElectriCraft is not complex or large enough to warrant it. Everything you need to know can be explained in a handful of wiki pages.
Fair enough. I brought it up because ElectriCraft is, on the wikis I've been able to find, generally a sea of redlinks.

What about the upgrades I mentioned? Or would that be better confined to a mechanics questions thread?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Fair enough. I brought it up because ElectriCraft is, on the wikis I've been able to find, generally a sea of redlinks.

What about the upgrades I mentioned? Or would that be better confined to a mechanics questions thread?
All but two of the upgrades are for the converter engines, something "tangential" to main RotaryCraft, and the other two are obvious.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The converter engine upgrades are, if memory serves, called "converter tier [1-5] upgrade" in NEI. As for the other two, I guess they make the gas turbine and performance engine more fuel-efficient.

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
The converter engine upgrades are, if memory serves, called "converter tier [1-5] upgrade" in NEI. As for the other two, I guess they make the gas turbine and performance engine more fuel-efficient.
No, it appears that the converter engine upgrades got renamed with the v3 release, which is the source of the confusion. I suppose I'll go back to trying to work this out then.

I think the afterburner actually makes the turbine less fuel-efficient; 2x torque (and thus power output) at 2.5x fuel cost, according to Reika's changelogs.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
No, it appears that the converter engine upgrades got renamed with the v3 release, which is the source of the confusion. I suppose I'll go back to trying to work this out then.

I think the afterburner actually makes the turbine less fuel-efficient; 2x torque (and thus power output) at 2.5x fuel cost, according to Reika's changelogs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterburner

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This was never in question.

Normally I'd say it makes more sense to just chain turbines together than to use the afterburner, but you're still limited to X (4?) junctioned turbines, so the afterburner gives you a pre-nuke means of getting larger scale energy before you get your feet wet with fission.

(Personally I don't see a particularly great need for this, but the animation and sound is cool so who cares)