Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I am not expecting people to download the mods. I have a pack jar premade.

I did not see the premade pack link. Re-read this page and found "PM me".

I am curious about two things:
1. Did XCW give you redistribution permission? He normally does not permit the dev versions to be redistributed, and distribution of out-of-date versions is generally a nightmare.
2. Do you plan to upgrade? .20 of the dev build ... Oh, yea, that's the one that I can really abuse -- .21 fixed my worst abuse of "ages that are stable even if they should not be". I think you can get three sets of iron tendrils in .20 with no instability, by using dirt ground with no caves/ravines.

In fact, .25 has this fix:
[BugFix]Fixes decay blocks dropping
Can the borer actually mine decay blocks in .20?
Might be hard to have the mining head chew up the decay, without the receiving side getting destroyed... hmm...

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
OK, here are the rules of the server:
  • People can claim a 1km (1000 block) radius around their base as their "territory"'; other players may pass through freely - something that cannot be denied - but they require permission to extract non-regenerating materials like ores and animals and to build structures of any significant size (more than 9 or so blocks volume)
How will pylon ownership be handled? I know for a fact you can't get 1 of every pylon within a 1km radius. Does that mean they're free game?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
How will pylon ownership be handled? I know for a fact you can't get 1 of every pylon within a 1km radius. Does that mean they're free game?
Pylons cannot be owned. Also, I forgot a rule: No destroying pylons someone else is using/will use.

I did not see the premade pack link. Re-read this page and found "PM me".

I am curious about two things:
1. Did XCW give you redistribution permission? He normally does not permit the dev versions to be redistributed, and distribution of out-of-date versions is generally a nightmare.
2. Do you plan to upgrade? .20 of the dev build ... Oh, yea, that's the one that I can really abuse -- .21 fixed my worst abuse of "ages that are stable even if they should not be". I think you can get three sets of iron tendrils in .20 with no instability, by using dirt ground with no caves/ravines.

In fact, .25 has this fix:
[BugFix]Fixes decay blocks dropping
Can the borer actually mine decay blocks in .20?
Might be hard to have the mining head chew up the decay, without the receiving side getting destroyed... hmm...
I am not sure if it is dev or not; it was what was in the pack used as a base for mine. Yes, I am willing to update.

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
i am gonna guess that the best solution probably is to share the pylons between us all or just move them somewhere central, with BM teleposers(if thats even possible).

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
I tried using a wood cutter on the SRT and had no luck :( Gave it more than enough power too lol... Something along the lines of like 8 GW xD

Running monster 1.1.2 (Perhaps I'll try it in my updated Monster which has V25z of all your mods installed...)

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I remember back in 1.6.4, V22 or something, when I accidentally broke my server by trying to remove a BoP sacred oak using a woodcutter. That was an irritating incident.
At least there's MCEdit.

I tried using a wood cutter on the SRT and had no luck :( Gave it more than enough power too lol... Something along the lines of like 8 GW xD

Running monster 1.1.2 (Perhaps I'll try it in my updated Monster which has V25z of all your mods installed...)
Considering Monster 1.1.2 is close to a year out of date at this point, this is not a surprise.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Reika said:
It also messes with the node type. Normal nodes like the one you started with become unstable, unstable ones can either turn pure or dark, and dark nodes turn tainted, and tainted nodes turn hungry.
What is the chance of an unstable node turning pure? I want to do this on a server that I am on, but don't want 500,000,000,000 essence from dark nodes. Is it rare, insanely rare, or never going to happen in survival?

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
OH YEAH!!!! Oh the fun I am going to have.... EDIT: Also, what is the max output of a bedrock coil? And is it enough to run the EMP? (Sorry for asking something that might be in the handbook, I am not able to play the game at this time.)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
OH YEAH!!!! Oh the fun I am going to have.... EDIT: Also, what is the max output of a bedrock coil? And is it enough to run the EMP? (Sorry for asking something that might be in the handbook, I am not able to play the game at this time.)
16 MW. No, the EMP requires like 250 times that. You'd need the output of 16 Auroral batteries (they don't have to be full ofc), or a few Reactorcraft turbines.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
16 MW. No, the EMP requires like 250 times that. You'd need the output of 16 Auroral batteries (they don't have to be full ofc), or a few Reactorcraft turbines.
I had just realized that after some googleing, and was about to say that I appear to need to up my power production before I start making nodes of that scale. Also, I appear to have intellect of a brick for posting before googleing. Sorry! EDIT: Also, the adding 8001 potentia? It stacks with each use. Hehe..HeHe..HEHEHE...MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I don't exactly have a place to suggest this so I will here:
1. Could you make a Higher-Tier Meteor Radar or Config option for the ability to have the Meteor Radar's vaporize Meteors instead of make them Sky burst; It's making my lawn very dirt and sacrificing the benefit of free ores might just be fine for my house (Obviously outside, If I were underground I would not care)?
2. Could you add a Config Option for the Forcefield Generator that if a Meteor hits it instead of Sky bursting that they get Vaporized?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding a steam turbine, hooked up to Railcraft boiler, what else does it need? It's full of steam, but it won't go. I've added two tier upgrades, and read the code on Github, and I can't divine what I'm missing. (25G)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It either needs liquid nitrogen or lubricant, more than likely, depending on your rotarycraft version.