Building a SkyScraper

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I know.... But who knows maybe you can have a amusement park on top of your skyscraper >.>

lol, it won't be on top of the skyscraper...but it is a possibility...the ultimate plan is to build a small city on the island the skyscraper is on.

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
lol, it won't be on top of the skyscraper...but it is a possibility...the ultimate plan is to build a small city on the island the skyscraper is on.

Turtle vending machines, villager con-artists, Thomas the train ride, Arcane levitator skydive simulator, Milk slides, Milk pools, Computer Craft Arcade, and a roller coaster, everything a amusement park needs. oh and congrats on wiki team member.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
maby a basic minecraft piston elevator you might be able to use computercraft to decide which floor to stop at.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Time for another update!

Things done since the last update:
MAC is up to 4 pages (almost 5), and there's a few machines for automation of basic materials, plates, rebar, glass, etc.
5HBwuW2.png
TDKDK3x.jpg

wFMiBfx.jpg
n3Yp8A3.jpg

Accepted a challenge to get 1 Billion Charcoal...gonna need more steam ovens because I've got over 1 million wood piled up now...so it's not burning fast enough
B5nCHEG.jpg
4XZdg9q.jpg

The smooth stone is used for all of the items (except glass, still need to automate smooth glass production) for the building. All stone, concrete, and microblock items are autocraftable via AE now.
This is still a work in progress, going to make it look better eventually.
kKUQMP6.png

WwWMS2B.png

97Lafdm.png

DtXltuE.png
2Z7VCF6.png

zQ1WxdQ.png
1D86M9C.jpg
n2V38Eb.png

Both the Mass Fabricator area and the Radio Tower are powered by some Ultimate Hybrid solar panels. I initially made 5 HV Solar Arrays...not realize how much iron they used...my 50K stockpile disappeared...oops.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
It's terrible, I hate it, tear it all down and repaint everything with hello kitty on it... I DEMAND SACRIFICE! MORE CATNIP FOR THE CATNIPTHRONE!

LOL, sorry it's been a weird day but I like them man, I always have a hard time making massive builds as I just build what I need and nothing more, I'd rather spend more time exploring then building. It gets boring staring at your feet all the time.

I really do like this one and if you ever go live I'd love to stop by and check it out in person if possible

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I really do like this one and if you ever go live I'd love to stop by and check it out in person if possible

Thanks, and certainly. Hoping to go live next week, and we'll have a visitor rank with no build rights that I could give you to check it out :) (unless of course you actually want to be a part of the server :D)

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
well no offense to any servers but I've always been a singleplayer kinda guy, I sure do love to invite friends over to my singleplayer world but for the most part I've never done server play so I'm kinda at a loss. A part of me would love to join in but another part of me is unsure how I'd do.. I get very frustrated with lag and whatnot and wouldn't want to cause any problems but if you'd like to try me out see how I do I'd hop on in and try it out for a bit to see if I'd be a fit.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
well no offense to any servers but I've always been a singleplayer kinda guy, I sure do love to invite friends over to my singleplayer world but for the most part I've never done server play so I'm kinda at a loss. A part of me would love to join in but another part of me is unsure how I'd do.. I get very frustrated with lag and whatnot and wouldn't want to cause any problems but if you'd like to try me out see how I do I'd hop on in and try it out for a bit to see if I'd be a fit.

You don't have to if you don't want to :D lol, there's going to be a whitelist application process that you'd have to apply for build permissions, so when the time comes you can make that choice if you'd like :D. Though in the mean time a visitor rank is good enough to come in and see the building :D

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't, lol looks like a cool game but my current life of being unemployed means I miss out on games. It was only due to my gal that I was able to get minecraft at all.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't, lol looks like a cool game but my current life of being unemployed means I miss out on games. It was only due to my gal that I was able to get minecraft at all.

its free if you want to try it I would suggest watching some video's and the lazy newb pack.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Your base looks pretty epic so far Staxed, wish I could stick to a singleplayer world long enough to do something like that. Good luck with your skyscraper!
(I have the tendency to start to cheat items in, and then get bored)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
while I love the chatting, stop spamming up my thread :p lol[DOUBLEPOST=1379467432][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your base looks pretty epic so far Staxed, wish I could stick to a singleplayer world long enough to do something like that. Good luck with your skyscraper!
(I have the tendency to start to cheat items in, and then get bored)

Doing it on a server where you can't cheat items in helps :D (or in my case set the server to deop you every time you login to force yourself to resist the urge :D)

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
while I love the chatting, stop spamming up my thread :p lol[DOUBLEPOST=1379467432][/DOUBLEPOST]

Doing it on a server where you can't cheat items in helps :D (or in my case set the server to deop you every time you login to force yourself to resist the urge :D)
Yeah, the one I used to play on decided to shut down a while back. Going back to other games I haven't played for awhile. (Star Control 2 anybody? [Ur-Quan Masters])
And I dunno quite how fast Steam Ovens are, but a few Induction Furnaces couldn't hurt (seeming as you are going big).

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Steam ovens do 9 items every 12.5 seconds. Induction is faster, but you've got to provide EU for it.

Yup, but I can power a lot of steam engines with one 36HP boiler (up to 21 right now). I've thought about Induction Furnaces, but I don't have an EU system setup yet where my machines are (and haven't setup power converters yet). Might add them once I start moving my machines into the actual building though :D

Reactions: PhantomRage