Building a SkyScraper

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
niceness, Yea they are just fantastic for cooking off materials to feed the boilers and with a ton of them it works perfectly to feed an entire system. Cant wait to see 8)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I still haven't managed to get any more of the actual skyscraper going up, going to do more of that this weekend, hopefully can get a good bit of that going!

What I've done over the past few days...
  • Moved out of my temporary shack and tore it down
  • Moved into the sub-basement.
  • Lit a few more boilers, got my 3 tree farms going good
  • Installed Steam Ovens to process charcoal
  • Started automation of some basic tasks
  • Prettied up a bit
So...
I'm going to be using EnderChests a lot to automate things and move things around to different areas, to limit the amount of ME Cable I need. This is the first EnderChest room I've started, each chest has an ME Export bus attached to the back of it to export items into the chests for transport when needed. Right now only two are being used, one for saplings and one for charcoal to feed the boilers.
2013-09-12_212036_zps64f57399.png
10 Boilers are going right now and I'm still getting a little bit of charcoal surplus. Going to start setting up some automated fertilizer production, I have fertilizers installed, but not loaded with fertilizer at the moment. Also as you can see, I still need to make the engine arrays for the 2nd and 3rd set of boilers. The 10th boiler is downstairs powering the steam ovens.
2013-09-12_205416_zps44070ff5.png
Behind the scenes workings of the steam ovens. There are only 10 right now, but that boiler can power quite a few more I believe...haven't done the math yet. Each oven has an import and export bus on it to fill it with wood and suck out the charcoal.
2013-09-12_211039_zpsaaaa7ce9.png
Front view of first 10 ovens...and you can see I cleaned up the area down here a bit. Covered most of the wires/conduits/cables.
2013-09-12_211125_zpsa20abe9f.png

2013-09-12_211141_zpsce2f7756.png
Simple automation for turning ore into ingots, export bus into the macerator (one for each ore type), macerator sends to powered furnace, and then imported back into ME system through an import bus on the furnace. Can also see a few ME Interfaces on the end there, those are hooked to the MAC and used for crafting quartz dust, silicon, and processors (a lot more to come...)
2013-09-12_211049_zpsfa400f83.png
I thought you could stack tanks...guess I was wrong :D
2013-09-12_211215_zpsc3c78b2c.png
And, my pride and joy...the beginnings of my AE system...which is going to be...rather large. MAC is 6x6x6 at the moment, room to grow. 1/4 will always be CPUs.
2013-09-12_211236_zps4f7b947e.png

2013-09-12_211328_zps21c0e1e9.png

2013-09-12_212030_zps7701ae56.png
The weekend should show a good bit of progress on the building itself, going to get concrete automation going and autocrafting of the components...then building continues!

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I really like that dude, looks awesome! I love yours server room with the drives all on one wall and the monitors on another.

hope lighting is the next thing you work on tho, lol

Reactions: dgdas9 and Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I really like that dude, looks awesome! I love yours server room with the drives all on one wall and the monitors on another.

hope lighting is the next thing you work on tho, lol

lol, it probably won't be the very next thing I work on, but I'll get to it...still trying to figure out how I want to light it.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
If you have access to glowstone en masse you can cook up some glowstone illuminators, you're able to dye them as well, also glowstone bricks are kinda cool, maybe even the blue glowstone of bop would look good tho for your look either glowstone illuminators or even some bibliocraft stuff if you're willing to get a huge resource drain for form over function

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
If you have access to glowstone en masse you can cook up some glowstone illuminators, you're able to dye them as well, also glowstone bricks are kinda cool, maybe even the blue glowstone of bop would look good tho for your look either glowstone illuminators or even some bibliocraft stuff if you're willing to get a huge resource drain for form over function

resources are certainly no concern of mine. What I really want is the old lights from RedPower...might have to install the ones from imibis...though not sure I want to make everyone on the server manually add that just for me, lol.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Try out those illuminators tho, they're really cool and remind me a lot of the redpower ones.

Also I do love your progress thus far and will continue to watch for more.

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, this is really getting good, may I suggest adding instead of a elevator, a Train that pulls you up to the various levels, And may I suggest you make that train Thomas the Train? XD

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I miss those Redpower Lights. I was using them for things because of a clear indication of when they were on or off.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I miss those Redpower Lights. I was using them for things because of a clear indication of when they were on or off.

yup, and the industrial/plain look to them would fit in really good with this build.[DOUBLEPOST=1379074140][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, this is really getting good, may I suggest adding instead of a elevator, a Train that pulls you up to the various levels, And may I suggest you make that train Thomas the Train? XD

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do the elevator. I'll need to install OpenBlocks to get an elevator block, or setup and elevator rail. Maybe I'll just stick with chairs :D

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
I was only suggesting You make it a train for the kids that play on the server, maybe instead use arcane levitators from Thaumcraft 3?

Reactions: Staxed

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I wanted to do a computer craft controlled arcane Levivator. Use AL's and Drawbridges. Type a floor selection into the computer, and step into the shaft. It turns on or off the right number of levitators to lift or lower me to the right floor, and uses a draw bridge to close off the floor above/below so I don't float too high, or fall too low.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
yup, and the industrial/plain look to them would fit in really good with this build.[DOUBLEPOST=1379074140][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do the elevator. I'll need to install OpenBlocks to get an elevator block, or setup and elevator rail. Maybe I'll just stick with chairs :D

A train going up all the floors in one of the buildings might actually be an addition, I like the idea. :)

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
I had a idea like that except the levitators would always be on, just the drawbridges would extend retract when you chose a floor[DOUBLEPOST=1379076641][/DOUBLEPOST]
A train going up all the floors in one of the buildings might actually be an addition, I like the idea. :)

:D we still need Thomas The Train to carry everyone up the building :p

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Lol you crazy guys... I will say you should use possibly the magnetizer if it's still in your modpack (or if it is even in this modpack) I do like the levitator but it's too magical looking for the industrial like look you want. I do hope you continue making it as cool as what I've seen so far 8)

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
Can you hide levitators under blocks? if you put a piece of concrete ontop maybe you could make it seem if you were climbing a ladder or use stairs to give the look of climbing using foot holds in the wall

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Lol you crazy guys... I will say you should use possibly the magnetizer if it's still in your modpack (or if it is even in this modpack) I do like the levitator but it's too magical looking for the industrial like look you want. I do hope you continue making it as cool as what I've seen so far 8)
Can you hide levitators under blocks? if you put a piece of concrete ontop maybe you could make it seem if you were climbing a ladder or use stairs to give the look of climbing using foot holds in the wall

I really wish there was a working elevator mod, there used to be an awesome one for earlier versions of minecraft...actually looks like an elevator, programable to floors, etc...doesn't work in 1.5.2 though.

I like the ability of the OpenBlocks elevator block and is something I'm thinking about adding because it's awesome, and because like Zeal said, the arcane stuff doesn't really fit at all with the style of the building. I'll figure something out though :), I haven't really given much though to the elevator system yet because I've got alot of other work to do anyway :D

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
Plus the train from railcraft functions just like a boiler so you already have a system for refueling, you just need the rails, maybe make a roller coaster, or a amusement park? XD

Plus Maybe have a system for giving out free TiC iron pickaxes and gear for new players, I don't know if you can automate the production of TiC tools tho... :/

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Plus the train from railcraft functions just like a boiler so you already have a system for refueling, you just need the rails, maybe make a roller coaster, or a amusement park? XD

Plus Maybe have a system for giving out free TiC iron pickaxes and gear for new players, I don't know if you can automate the production of TiC tools tho... :/

lol, none of those (other than the train elevator) have anything to do with my skyscraper build :p

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
I know.... But who knows maybe you can have a amusement park on top of your skyscraper >.>