Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Or anyone really...
Triple_Mega_Facepalm_%28when_even_a_double_is_not_enough%29.png

Reactions: 1SDAN and Eruantien

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
I havnt played with it just yet im getting to the magic mods soon.
But then again I might play some Binding of Isaac for some reason this thread reminded me of it HUE HUE!

Edit: I have to ask... what the hell does Tiny Planet do are you able to trow yoursword and it will just orbit around you and drop when it hits a wall? or go through if you get spectral tears... wait wrong game Vazkii Used confusion on Plainy its super effective ;-;

Last edited:

Klankins

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to add the timeless ivy to the grafter or thaumium grafter? I tried with grafter the ivy and 3 of what I would need to repair them but it does not seem to work. Or does Botania have a tool like the grafter that already uses mana for durability?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
The Tiny Planet won't make your sword orbit, but it might just work on mana bursts.
If this hasn't been patched out (I hope not), the Tiny Planet can make shots from the Mana Blaster and more importantly the Terra Blade orbit you. It's like an energy shield, in a way.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried using the Shadology resource pack, but apparently it messes with shaders, which causes the mana in mana pools to not show. What files do I need to delete from the pack in order to fix this, if it is indeed fixable?

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried using the Shadology resource pack, but apparently it messes with shaders, which causes the mana in mana pools to not show. What files do I need to delete from the pack in order to fix this, if it is indeed fixable?

There should be a shader directory somewhere in the pack, if you delete that it should work. Alternatively you can disable the shader usage in the botania config.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to get some more darker themed things to Botania? Right now it's pixies and elfs and "yayyy bright colors and happiness", but I think it would be really cool if we could start getting less.. "bright and cheery" stuff. Hopefully with Tokyo Ghoul references
P.S- If you do not understand what Tokyo Ghoul is watch it/read it now. Just do it.

Anyways, regardless Botania is still my favorite mod, so keep up the good work.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also having that Multiplayer bug mentioned above (Host all items work fine, guest no joy). Seems to be all the Baubles.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I have to retract some of my earlier criticism of this mod. Its just too robust in terms of content to ignore. Although I havent yet found that one feature/tool that makes it worth doing, Ive had some fun trying to set up an automated mana farm. Trying to automate anything in this mod is a challenge, took me a while to get the petal apothecary to auto refill its water.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I have to retract some of my earlier criticism of this mod. Its just too robust in terms of content to ignore. Although I havent yet found that one feature/tool that makes it worth doing, Ive had some fun trying to set up an automated mana farm. Trying to automate anything in this mod is a challenge, took me a while to get the petal apothecary to auto refill its water.
A Rod of the Seas is pretty convenient for that if you're doing it manually

Zebia

Jul 29, 2019
is the force relay supposed to delete whatever block its pushed into?

edit: Problem, you can delete bedrock by pushing a force relay into it

Last edited:

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest that the Gold Trim on the Lexica Botania only be on it after gaining the Elven Knowledge by throwing the book into the Portal or atleast a config option to return it to its old texture (I personally would enjoy it visually as an upgrade or not at all (The Gold Trim I mean)).

Last edited:
Reactions: SynfulChaot

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest that the Gold Trim on the Lexica Botania only be on it after gaining the Elven Knowledge by throwing the book into the Portal or atleast a config option to return it to its old texture (I personally would enjoy it visually as an upgrade or not at all (The Gold Trim I mean)).
I'm not too sure how this would work, you see the book is a gate to the interface, not the actual interface itself, see if you unlock elven knowledge in that book, that knowledge would be available to you in every book, regardless of whether it's the one you tossed into the portal or not, so let's say the book you tossed was given gold trim, it would mean you've got one book with gold trim and possible another without, but both still have access to the elven knowledge regardless.

I mean, you could make it so every book is given gold leaf, but then if you're playing SMP would that mean every book, even those belonging to other players, would look gold to your client, but not to other people playing?

It just seems like way too much of a hassle to me for the sake of a bit of aesthetic.