Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
So I'm at the point where I would like to progress to the tier 4 altar in Blood Magic. Unfortunately I can't craft a diamond sword to bind it in the ritual which means I can't get bloodstone bricks and am unable to get any further :(
I tried to bind a cobalt sword, but it won't work. Any suggestions?

:edit:
ok, tried it again with the cobalt sword and this time it worked. I either did something wrong or it doesn't work in the spirit world

Last edited:

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm at the point where I would like to progress to the tier 4 altar in Blood Magic. Unfortunately I can't craft a diamond sword to bind it in the ritual which means I can't get bloodstone bricks and am unable to get any further :(
I tried to bind a cobalt sword, but it won't work. Any suggestions?

The cobalt sword is actually the diamond sword (same id, just renamed with a new recipe). It worked for me, but that was back in 1.1.1. Did you do it with a new sword with no damage or enchantments? I'm not sure if those matter, but they might.

SkellySniper165

Jul 29, 2019
I have a good seed for Blood n Bones
Its 5460003845039558187
it includes a village a tower a giant sequoia tree and couple biomes around a planes biome!!!

Attachments

• 2014-10-13_15.29.00.png
    2014-10-13_15.29.00.png
    912.7 KB · Views: 72

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
No fun in playing BnB like that! Good spawn, bad spawn, deal with it, that's BnB for you lol
I only see dead villagers after a few nights, mobs spawning during the day under the sequoia and some difficulties branch mining below the base.
So... good/not good depends on the player :p

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
I don't know, I like vanilla plains. Crops grow pretty fast there and basic defenses are easy to set up. Especially if you're like me and try to already max out your chunkloaded area when you're building your first dirt walls. I traveled over 4k blocks to find some on my server

Villages so close to your base will usually burn down the first nights, but they are still a good source for early food and maybe even some emeralds. I don't like the tower very much, but you'd probably mine towards the extreme hills anyway to get some extra emeralds

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably hit the tower for the early torches and pants, then quickly slip through the village for gravel and their treasures, then wander off into the forest to get the first setup out there, mostly to get some distance from that tower to make it easier to dig around.

W

WillThGreat

It's been way too long since I've uploaded a Blood N' Bones video. I guess it's somewhat justified because this is quite an important one. I should be back on the schedule starting today, so there won't be any week+ long gaps between episodes.

Reactions: kaocrat

fluffly

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again!

I made a thing. http://github.com/fluffle/deliabot

It's a set of scripts for a ComputerCraft turtle to craft harvestcraft foods from whatever ingredients are available in a set of barrels. The initial set-up is quite finicky -- think of it like building a large multiblock structure -- but once it's constructed and you've created your recipe book you can generally just tell the turtle:

Code:
make 4 candied walnuts

... and if you have the necessary ingredients it will go and do it.

In all seriousness, spending a couple of weeks intermittently hacking on Lua and Python code was an easier prospect than trying to defeat the End Dragon. @Eyamaz, I tip my hat to you for this awesome modpack, sir :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again!

I made a thing. http://github.com/fluffle/deliabot

It's a set of scripts for a ComputerCraft turtle to craft harvestcraft foods from whatever ingredients are available in a set of barrels. The initial set-up is quite finicky -- think of it like building a large multiblock structure -- but once it's constructed and you've created your recipe book you can generally just tell the turtle:

Code:
make 4 candied walnuts

... and if you have the necessary ingredients it will go and do it.

In all seriousness, spending a couple of weeks intermittently hacking on Lua and Python code was an easier prospect than trying to defeat the End Dragon. @Eyamaz, I tip my hat to you for this awesome modpack, sir :)
I tip my hat to you for i cannot get my head arround Lua and whatever is python o_o! Give me a Ender Dragon any day >_> (Plus i'll get essence, your turtle won't! :cool:)

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I have a good seed for Blood n Bones
Its 5460003845039558187
it includes a village a tower a giant sequoia tree and couple biomes around a planes biome!!!
My ideal spawn is literally just a peninsula of any kind :p

That way I just made some earthworks to seal it off before night 1, after I make a dirt house. After that, I used dirt and logs to build a wall along the coast. Lighting proved a little difficult; zombies were able to break some of the torches on the other side of the wall.

It was unintended, but I also appreciated not being close to any roguelike dungeons. Didn't want to constantly get faked out by explosion sounds. Now, when I hear an explosion I know it was one of the special creepers dying in my sludge moat, or I need to scramble to my basement cave system...

Occasionally I do get lycanite mobs spawning in lit areas though, which sucks. Haven't seen ettins in a long long time, but I do get trents. Speaking of which, do trents cause save corruption when they hit you due to some broken debuff? I thought I read about that earlier in the thread...does that still hold true in 1.1.5?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I made it to Episode 50 of my BnB videos already! It's actually not one of my best videos I don't think, but it's a milestone and I did include a world download in case you want to check out my map.

Reactions: Sim...

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Naw it was plenty entertaining :D
Unless there's some horrible nerfs out there, you could always look into the various potions. There's the flight one of course, but I'm pretty sure theres things like multiple use heal potions and fire resist...I should know this because I've just made an ender chest but I've been slacking in my research.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Naw it was plenty entertaining :D
Unless there's some horrible nerfs out there, you could always look into the various potions. There's the flight one of course, but I'm pretty sure theres things like multiple use heal potions and fire resist...I should know this because I've just made an ender chest but I've been slacking in my research.
Thanks. Yeah, I've made the potion of flight (which requires a config file change due to conflicting mods...), but I haven't worked on heal/regen/whatever potions yet. With the Wither fight coming soon, that's coming up very shortly I think!

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Yeah, I've made the potion of flight (which requires a config file change due to conflicting mods...), but I haven't worked on heal/regen/whatever potions yet. With the Wither fight coming soon, that's coming up very shortly I think!
Can you elaborate on the config change please ^_^?[DOUBLEPOST=1413358871][/DOUBLEPOST]Crash report:
How: Trying to put Jacket Pipe (any type I assume. But was tested with magenta jacket pipe) on Red Alloy Wire (The basic Alloy wire which stick to the walls/ceiling.)
Effect: Crash the client but the world seems ok. (Tested in SSP - creative mode.)

Possible fix? :: Disable putting jacket pipe on Red Alloye Wire.

Certain fix :: Just don't ;p

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Arent pipe jackets meant for exU pipes?
I have no idea to be honest ;p I just thought i'd chek them out and they seem to work on ProjectRed transport pipe, Framed Red Alloy Wire and that other Transport Pipes without problems (at first sight atleast.)

Last edited:

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to create a safe house in the nether. Got a smooth stone house around the portal but I have to continually clear it.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I think I saw you post earlier there was some kind of conflict with Lycanites mobs?

As I posted before I heard the Trent hitting the player could cause world corruption because of a debuff it caused...wonder if that was because there was a conflict with potion effects from blood magic?

Is there a way to create a safe house in the nether. Got a smooth stone house around the portal but I have to continually clear it.

If you're talking about Belphs and Trites, you need to block up the portal itself, since those will spawn in the portal blocks themselves. Other than that you can limit the spawnable space by keeping the roof low.