Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
The enchanted "Notch" apples actually give you Regen V for 30 seconds making you pretty much indestructible, though I haven't tried it in BnB yet. Yeah, planning a full frontal assault with a Notch apple for one of the kills. :)
I keep meaning to do a 30 splash potion of instant health barrage on a wither on video. Quite fun but not cheap.

IMarv

Reactions: Anesos

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
Is Redstone from witches turned off or is it the grinder preventig the drop? Took me quite some time to figure out how to move those spawners there :confused:
Aren't you using redstone ores for cinnabar (for ore multiplication)? Because if you aren't you really should, and then you'd be swimming in redstone anyway. I didn't know about it at first when I played through the nether ore phase and I deeply regret not collecting every single Nether Redstone ore.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Of course I am :) But I thought about powering my base off redstone generators and for those I'd love a renewable source. Looking at the witches' drops I will now probably go with Splash Speed II Potions. In a potion generator they produce 320 rf/potion for about a minute I think. That should be plenty to work with.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Of course I am :) But I thought about powering my base off redstone generators and for those I'd love a renewable source. Looking at the witches' drops I will now probably go with Splash Speed II Potions. In a potion generator they produce 320 rf/potion for about a minute I think. That should be plenty to work with.
Natura Bloodwoods. They still drop redstone.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Can they be planted without an autonomous activator? I have yet to kill the dragon
Block Placers. You have two choices. The MFR one requires power, the ExU one require a redstone pulse. So your choice is either to run a bit more power cable, or make a redstone clock. Both can have the saplings piped into them as well.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Got my ender chest to the dream world set up and started looking at finally getting a AE system going. Dragon essence?

I think this is a great pack but there are a lot of things in it that really don't make it any harder, just tedious.

The settings for the food are good illustration. It's a great early game challenge but once you get to the point that you will never starve you're still forced into an overly tedious and repetitive exercise of making hundreds of micro stacks of food. Not hard or a challenge at that point, just a tedious grind.

Last edited:

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Got my ender chest to the dream world set up and started looking at finally getting a AE system going. Dragon essence?

I think this is a great pack but there are a lot of things in it that really don't make it any harder, just tedious.

The settings for the food are good illustration. It's a great early game challenge but once you get to the point that you will never starve you're still forced into an overly tedious and repetitive exercise of making hundreds of micro stacks of food. Not hard or a challenge at that point, just a tedious grind.
Yup, dragon essence. Hardcore Ender Expansion. Gotta kill that dragon.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, dragon essence. Hardcore Ender Expansion. Gotta kill that dragon.
What's the point of AE being in the pack if you can't use it until you're pretty much done and have everything built. It's not like I can kill the dragon with an AE system. Just avoid building the largest chest and barrel sorting system ever needed due to all the metallurgy ores.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
What's the point of AE being in the pack if you can't use it until you're pretty much done and have everything built. It's not like I can kill the dragon with an AE system. Just avoid building the largest chest and barrel sorting system ever needed due to all the metallurgy ores.
I think it's more like a 'I survived everything, I get to live life in luxury until AgSkies happens and the world is devoured to nothing but a void'

sisho

Jul 29, 2019

Doing it wrong. By the time you get to the dream world you can start automating food production with stuff like cyclic assemblers, no need to make food yourself anymore

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Despite making a pretty cool grinding area in the bottom of a Roguelike, the mobs don't drop their gear. How do I find or make an iron sword so I can make a sacrificial dagger? I'm just about ready to cheat in a sword just to move forward.

IMarv

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Doing it wrong. By the time you get to the dream world you can start automating food production with stuff like cyclic assemblers, no need to make food yourself anymore
Could probably automate food with crafty turtles and overcome the stack limits with upgraded JABBA barrels. But that's not point. It's more of a question of, is this mod pack about survival or a mod about overcoming stack size limits? Once you have food production solved, If you want to put a lot of time into a Rube Goldberg food assembly contraption, that's great. Being forced into it is another story.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Despite making a pretty cool grinding area in the bottom of a Roguelike, the mobs don't drop their gear. How do I find or make an iron sword so I can make a sacrificial dagger? I'm just about ready to cheat in a sword just to move forward.

IMarv

I think someone said in a video that you can sometimes find them in roguelike dungeon chests.

Have you used punji sticks in your grinder? If I'm not mistaken they cause mobs to drop loot.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
A little something I just discovered: I was wondering why my batteries were always draining, even when nobody was on the server. It turns out witchery chunkloaded part of my home:
Poppet shelves will keep chunks containing them loaded, so use them sparingly!

You might want to make them a little more expensive in your next version @Eyamaz

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I think someone said in a video that you can sometimes find them in roguelike dungeon chests.

Have you used punji sticks in your grinder? If I'm not mistaken they cause mobs to drop loot.
I have an MFR Grinder and my looting 3 sword. I think that because the mobs in the Rogue-like dungeon have such overpowered gear, they are set not to drop any.

Now I'm wondering if I didn't grab any iron swords from chests because I didn't know I had a use...

IMarv

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind building a food machine, I find it more annoying that you have to do boring nether mining trips to do so. When you do the nether mining levels you come up with a lot of metal, but just not enough for everything you'll want to build at this point. Especially iron and copper.

IMO it would be better if the lower tiers of magical crops were to use nether metal dust so that you can automatize the metal production of overworld metals at that point.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a server? Want the challenge of both surviving the world and surviving other players? Want to be laughed at by Blargerist when you fail? Then Forsaken's BnB server is the server for you!
  • Full pvp and raiding allowed!
  • Hard difficulty!
  • 1.1.5!
  • People to chat with, team up with, or kill!
  • Jaffa cakes!
  • All mods actually working properly with cauldron now!

bnb.forsaken.co
or
lobby.forsaken.co​

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I have an MFR Grinder and my looting 3 sword. I think that because the mobs in the Rogue-like dungeon have such overpowered gear, they are set not to drop any.

Now I'm wondering if I didn't grab any iron swords from chests because I didn't know I had a use...

IMarv
Yeah, you can find them in chests. They might be enchanted or named, but as long as the ID is the same as a normal iron sword, they should work. I think I used a "Tempered Blade" or something like that in my LP.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you can find them in chests. They might be enchanted or named, but as long as the ID is the same as a normal iron sword, they should work. I think I used a "Tempered Blade" or something like that in my LP.
I saw that in your video. For some reason, I thought it came from a mob drop. Once I started checking chests, I soon found a plain unenchanted undamaged unnamed iron sword. Now I am woking on my pumpkin farm and golem builder.