Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
An interesting thing I finally figured out last night is to carry a bucket of Mob Essence while dungeon delving. Every minute, dump it and pick it back up. I tried it in the Nether though and it converted into XP orbs. I also have a bucket of Flowing Spirit to help recover from disastrous health damage. I found more Wither Skeleton skulls in the Roguelike dungeon I live in than I did killing Withers in the Nether in about the same time. (5 vs 0). These also are good fire extinguishers.

(BTW, I've started trying to stream now and then on Twitch, usually after the kids (and wife) go to bed around 10/11 PM Eastern. http://www.twitch.tv/imarvintpa )

IMarv

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Not possible. You can technically pipe blood out as a liquid, but blood moves slowly and you can't pipe it back in fast enough. You're gonna have to add blood as its crafting.

If you haven't got the mob sacrifice set up yet, a tier 3 altar with full self sacrifice runes will get you over 900 per prick. Pop a regen potion first and you should be good to go.
Oh yeah, fluiducts. I'll have to try that plus self-sacrifice plus maybe regen potion. Or maybe the regen potion is enough alone. Hmm... At any rate, another good idea to add to the list.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'll try to reduce the number of roguelike dungeons in my configs, I don't like how they spawn way too often. It should require some exploring to find one, and then they also ruin perfect base spots. Going to try spawnFrequency=20 or so.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
I have Tree problem... :p and wanna make it disappear... (obvius is creating too much shadow underground... I manage to solve that problem in my base using glass but i don't know how to destroy that tree without too much complication... (broad/lumber axe dont work), fires spawn cinders and lava, lobster... i have a few machines but i havent get a harvester yet... i harvester would solve the problem?

NpXcD31.jpg

NpXcD31.jpg

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You can't chop that with a lumber axe? Have you tried several blocks, in case some of them have no leaves on top?

Lava should work if you put it in a stone hole, I'm not sure if the lobsters spawn if it's just one surce block without any flowing around it, but it's worth a try. Also, lava shines through one-deep dirt, so maybe try covering it with dirt.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
So, who feels like beta testing my "secret" project? Block Physics 1.6.4 port. May your sky bases fall! https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbokde89tr98y4x/BlockPhysics0.8.1-mc1.6.4.jar?dl=0

CAUTION! Not remotely stable. May cause lag. Anything may happen, really. Back up your world if you care about it. Not that I'm entirely sure it'll even run on pre-made worlds atm. :p
I'm not sure what rules you are implementing in this, but I love the fun with TNT. I found that stone bricks had no gravity effect and stone brick stairs. I meant to try cobble stairs, but forgot. Removing the bottom block of a tree tended to make the other wood blocks overlap and destroy each other. I could not pillar with dirt, it just flowed away. I could pillar with cobble, but if it got disturbed, it did the tree thing. I could not find any can support a little bit of weight on the sides but too many and those start to fall type blocks. (IE how would I build an arch?)

Kinda fun though.

IMarv

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what rules you are implementing in this, but I love the fun with TNT. I found that stone bricks had no gravity effect and stone brick stairs. I meant to try cobble stairs, but forgot. Removing the bottom block of a tree tended to make the other wood blocks overlap and destroy each other. I could not pillar with dirt, it just flowed away. I could pillar with cobble, but if it got disturbed, it did the tree thing. I could not find any can support a little bit of weight on the sides but too many and those start to fall type blocks. (IE how would I build an arch?)

Kinda fun though.

IMarv
Building an arch requires you to first create a wall and then remove the inner area, so that the supports are already there. It's currently just a port, nothing changed from the old versions. Thinking of adding a support block in 1.7.10, capable of supporting large amounts of weight but easily breakable, to be a convenient way to set up temporary supports while building a structure.

As for some block's not having physics, that's because it pulls a list from the config file.

Here's the link to the old mod page, has lot's of information on how things work. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1283267-blockphysics-mod

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I was exploring and found this guy. What the heck?

NMTq1tM.png

How many hearts is that?

Last edited:

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
You can't chop that with a lumber axe? Have you tried several blocks, in case some of them have no leaves on top?

Lava should work if you put it in a stone hole, I'm not sure if the lobsters spawn if it's just one surce block without any flowing around it, but it's worth a try. Also, lava shines through one-deep dirt, so maybe try covering it with dirt.
i cut up all the 3 bottom layer and just cut in 3x3 square...

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
beside desert where can i found cactus... i need green dye en cactus for stuff... i have found so far 3 big dessert and no even one cactus plant in there... spend months, minecraft months (exaggerating) exploring in a boat stoping just at night... but havent found anything... i hate so many biomes...

this is my crazy map
RAjo5g4.png

RAjo5g4.png

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
beside desert where can i found cactus... i need green dye en cactus for stuff... i have found so far 3 big dessert and no even one cactus plant in there... spend months, minecraft months (exaggerating) exploring in a boat stoping just at night... but havent found anything... i hate so many biomes...

this is my crazy map
Heh, yeah BoP makes the game quite a bit harder sometimes. No cactus in the desert seems odd though. There are some other desert-like biomes that might spawn cactus too. Just have to keep looking.

Also exploration gets much easier if you can get flight (yeah big surprise I know) or even brew some speed potions and have enough food to run a good distance.

Last edited:

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
We are gonna make it to the Spirit World this episode, so I've gotta step up the crafting and make those Brews of Sleeping.

BloodnBloody Idiot #24 - Dark Dreams

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking of adding a support block in 1.7.10, capable of supporting large amounts of weight but easily breakable, to be a convenient way to set up temporary supports while building a structure.

Make an "Airy Snow Blocks" that are 8 snowballs in a circle. The blocks can support a lot of weight/low breakable but also decay after 20 minutes or so. That way it doesn't become a building material itself. Because it is airy, it does not need to be supported itself.

IMarv

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Make an "Airy Snow Blocks" that are 8 snowballs in a circle. The blocks can support a lot of weight/low breakable but also decay after 20 minutes or so. That way it doesn't become a building material itself. Because it is airy, it does not need to be supported itself.

IMarv
Not a bad idea on the decay.... Snow is far too rare to be used, it'll probably be "Temporary Supports" just made out of simple sticks. Definitely gotta put in that decay though :p.

EDIT: Probably do a decay of the blocks strength over time, causing it to eventually implode and collapse. Possibly allowing for players to right click on blocks with more sticks to fix some of the decay, causing an increase in time remaining.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Not a bad idea on the decay.... Snow is far too rare to be used, it'll probably be "Temporary Supports" just made out of simple sticks. Definitely gotta put in that decay though :p.

EDIT: Probably do a decay of the blocks strength over time, causing it to eventually implode and collapse. Possibly allowing for players to right click on blocks with more sticks to fix some of the decay, causing an increase in time remaining.
I think you want to duplicate something like http://ftbwiki.org/Scaffold
Good luck
IMarv