Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get to the nether?

As far as I can tell you need steel to make a flint and you can't get steel until you go to the nether. What am I missing?
The Tinker's Steelworks high oven let's you make steel from iron, or you can go with the good old vanilla fire charge which you likely have a few of from mob drops by the time you're ready for the nether.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks,

Lava it is then, curious though. How do you go about getting steel from charcoal without using an induction smelter?

You make a High Oven, which you need to power with charcoal or charcoal blocks. You also need gunpowder, aluminum dust, and sand as reagents.

Oops, ninjad.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
New here, searched and couldn't find an answer to my question so I apologize if it's been answered before:

Morning came, zombies and skeletons died outside my house. I charged out of my house, running from creepers, when there was an explosion behind me and lightning struck. INSTANTLY it's night time and there are mobs spawning everywhere! What the heck caused this? Was it a fluke? Is there some way to stop it in the future?
Possibly a charged dark creeper (from a lightning creeper exploding or something). The special mobs forum post alludes to that mob having that ability.

Reactions: Blargerist

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a charged dark creeper (from a lightning creeper exploding or something). The special mobs forum post alludes to that mob having that ability.
Oh that's brilliant!
Father Toast said:
Legend has it that a charged dark creeper could make a blast so powerful, it could destroy the sun itself.

So Lightning creeper griefs something and charges a nearby dark creeper. Then the charged dark creeper griefs something and "destroys the sun". Hah! I love it!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well.... There is Alone in the Dark....

basically, I spent 2-3 minute on the surface getting some wood and sapplings, made an hole and never surfaced anymore!

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there's a way to get LP from the soul network and into an altar? My altar only holds 10k, but I need 25k for the next transmute and I can't make the augmented capacity runes yet. Hrm...

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there's a way to get LP from the soul network and into an altar? My altar only holds 10k, but I need 25k for the next transmute and I can't make the augmented capacity runes yet. Hrm...
You have to fill the altar as it drains for that one. :p

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Not possible. You can technically pipe blood out as a liquid, but blood moves slowly and you can't pipe it back in fast enough. You're gonna have to add blood as its crafting.

If you haven't got the mob sacrifice set up yet, a tier 3 altar with full self sacrifice runes will get you over 900 per prick. Pop a regen potion first and you should be good to go.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Well, someone just gave me the idea about termites...

#BlameBlargerist
Termite infested logs in the crafting table and eventually it spawns termites that eat the table and any nearby wooden chests... that could get some rage quits.