Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing really exciting this time round though I do "eventually" get High Oven working.

BloodnBloody Idiot 19 - Steel

W

WillThGreat

So Episode 6 actually went up a couple days ago; I just forgot to link it. As per usual, I recorded with F.lux enabled, but I caught myself partway through and disabled it. And as a side note, I think I'm finally going to grab that cauldron from the village the next time I play, so I can jump to the iron tier.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
So Episode 6 actually went up a couple days ago; I just forgot to link it. As per usual, I recorded with F.lux enabled, but I caught myself partway through and disabled it. And as a side note, I think I'm finally going to grab that cauldron from the village the next time I play, so I can jump to the iron tier.

Will, have two pickaxes like i do. With one i skip the copper level and the other i do from scratch (flint). I also turn one into silk touch for coal and quartz mining in safety! I have two because i need the safety net in case i loose a pickaxe in the Nether. Even though they say they do not de-spawn. I also level two swords up as well for the same reason.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a different nether bug. Didn't get any information but our server just startting lagging out like crazy. Ran Opis and turned out there was 70,000 pigmen (I'm not kidding) showing up in the nether. Server Admin purged/killed all mobs and it took 5 mins but it fixed itself and now is back to normal numbers. Was even showing chunks were being loaded outside of the standard small chunk loader we have in the nether. The chunk loader in the nether is just there to keep the nether semi-loaded and semi-prevent the "Ticking World" bug when the nether unloads.

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a different nether bug. Didn't get any information but our server just startting lagging out like crazy. Ran Opis and turned out there was 70,000 pigmen (I'm not kidding) showing up in the nether. Server Admin purged/killed all mobs and it took 5 mins but it fixed itself and now is back to normal numbers. Was even showing chunks were being loaded outside of the standard small chunk loader we have in the nether. The chunk loader in the nether is just there to keep the nether semi-loaded and semi-prevent the "Ticking World" bug when the nether unloads.

lol...ya I know i was there thats got to be the craziest thing I have seen ......still have no idea what caused it ..... :confused::confused:

Adarcer

Jul 29, 2019
@wilcleve make sure to move the slider that allows more memory...otherwise the ftb window will just CTD... anywhere from 2-4gb max is what i use dependent on size of pack and remember to leave approx 2Gb free for OS..from what i was told this pack requires 2GB

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
For me I have 8 gigs of ram. 2 for BnB, 3 for the server, and 3 for my computer. It works fine on a small 2-5 person server

W

WillThGreat

Will, have two pickaxes like i do. With one i skip the copper level and the other i do from scratch (flint). I also turn one into silk touch for coal and quartz mining in safety! I have two because i need the safety net in case i loose a pickaxe in the Nether. Even though they say they do not de-spawn. I also level two swords up as well for the same reason.
Two picks seems like too much to worry about. How exactly would one lose their pick anyway? Whoever "they" is, I'm going to trust that they aren't lying and the pick won't despawn, even though I have no idea what that means. Does it just despawn while you're using it?

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Two picks seems like too much to worry about. How exactly would one lose their pick anyway? Whoever "they" is, I'm going to trust that they aren't lying and the pick won't despawn, even though I have no idea what that means. Does it just despawn while you're using it?

I've had many tools get deleted via magnet mode. If you die with magnet mode on, your dead corpse will still pick up the items. Then when you hit the respawn button those items are forever lost in the void. Also I assume if you have tools in a backpack and lose it, the tools are lost to.

Basically having 2 sets of tools is smart if you happen to lose your stuff in the nether or deep underground. For me I have a pick at steel level, and a sword with life steal 3 just incase I need to get my tools back

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
When a TiC pickaxe falls on the ground, it cannot be burnt, exploded, despawned, or destroyed in any way. You can lose them if a mob picks them up, if they are inside of another item that can despawn, if you die with magnet mode on(dirty cheater), etc.

Reactions: WillThGreat

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
When a TiC pickaxe falls on the ground, it cannot be burnt, exploded, despawned, or destroyed in any way. You can lose them if a mob picks them up, if they are inside of another item that can despawn, if you die with magnet mode on(dirty cheater), etc.

Don't worry, I'm sure your all hard at work figuring out a way to permanently set magnet mode off for BnB. I wouldn't disagree ;) If it wasn't there, I wouldn't use it, but I've had to remake all my tools 4 times now so considering magnet mode cheating evens itself out by how many tools it deleted.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Play it how you like, no problems with what anyone does in their own game. But I'll argue your logic.

Losing tools is part of the game. Playing bnb in magnet mode seems to defeat part of the game. If there's a penalty for magnet mode, then that's karma :)

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Play it how you like, no problems with what anyone does in their own game. But I'll argue your logic.

Losing tools is part of the game. Playing bnb in magnet mode seems to defeat part of the game. If there's a penalty for magnet mode, then that's karma :)

Is there a way to permanently delete, or lock NEI on recipe mode? Like maybe in the config file or somthing? As the op of my server I get op privileges, which I tend to use when no one is on. I need to stop myself from myself lol. Simply de op myself isn't enough. I'll just re op when I feel the need to. I can't say its killing the game for me, but I want to play the way you all feel is the right way to play.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to permanently delete, or lock NEI on recipe mode? Like maybe in the config file or somthing? As the op of my server I get op privileges, which I tend to use when no one is on. I need to stop myself from myself lol. Simply de op myself isn't enough. I'll just re op when I feel the need to. I can't say its killing the game for me, but I want to play the way you all feel is the right way to play.
There is. Check the lockmode option on the NEI config file

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
There is. Check the lockmode option on the NEI config file

Perfect. I'll have to lock it, then try to keep myself de op from my own server. Even though it won't last long. Eventually I'll start to think " This is my own server, what the hell am I doing?" I'll be like "Great my shadow steel pick broke. Sure I can make a new pick, level it up, then get more from the nether, or I can op myself and /gamemode 1 and steal one little ingot in a tiny cheat like fashion. I guess the bottom line is I won't be able to play 100% fair on my own server :/ My MC karma is forever shot. It's ok though. I remember that each time BnB takes all the stuff I didn't fairly obtain ;)