Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
W

WillThGreat

Don't worry too much about the update, Eyamaz is good at keeping resets away.

Have some tips now that I've watched your video.... It's only 6 types of food you would need to come up with. :p Right click crops to harvest without breaking them. Find snow and a pumpkin if you can so you can get yourself a snowman. Infinite snow for smoothies. Collect that cauldron so you can melt it down for an easy jump to the iron tier of tools. Avoid spawners, I did mean things to them.
Thanks for all those! I already accidentally figured out crop harvesting thing, but I never considered using a snow golem for infinite snow. I also never would've guessed you could melt down a cauldron.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the Project Red Dye Trees respond instantly to bonemeal, so they are fast wood. If you find a flint and steel, melt it down for a steel pick. Use Flame charges for the nether portal. And Quicksand is awesome, the mobs get stuck in it and die fairly well, it also really screws up those poor silverfish. Bucket + Drowning Creeper = Tons of water and salt.

W

WillThGreat

Also, the Project Red Dye Trees respond instantly to bonemeal, so they are fast wood. If you find a flint and steel, melt it down for a steel pick. Use Flame charges for the nether portal. And Quicksand is awesome, the mobs get stuck in it and die fairly well, it also really screws up those poor silverfish. Bucket + Drowning Creeper = Tons of water and salt.
That's a lot of useful information. Thanks a ton!

Last edited by a moderator:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
I wouldn't use flint and steel for your first pick. I did that once - the problem is when you want to repair it (which you will have to do at least once before the nether). You'd either have to search far and wide for another flint and steel or a jungle temple to get a piece of redstone for the steelworks oven.
Imo it's faster to just progress normally ´(or jump to iron if you can find an iron tool or a cauldron)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't use flint and steel for your first pick. I did that once - the problem is when you want to repair it (which you will have to do at least once before the nether). You'd either have to search far and wide for another flint and steel or a jungle temple to get a piece of redstone for the steelworks oven.
Imo it's faster to just progress normally ´(or jump to iron if you can find an iron tool or a cauldron)

If you manage to get moss for auto repair, the jump to steel is well worth.

In this situation, you make two picks, one steel head and one a flint head. Just mine stone with the flint head and ores with the steel till you get the moss.

Reactions: WillThGreat

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
If you manage to get moss for auto repair, the jump to steel is well worth.

In this situation, you make two picks, one steel head and one a flint head. Just mine stone with the flint head and ores with the steel till you get the moss.
Yeah, I still have the Iron pick. I also managed to find about 3 flint+steels. It was a happy day when I found out I could make mossy cobble using the imbuing station. I had found several villages and stole one of their cauldrons to make it. So, Paper binding, steel head, mossy upgrade...

Just never add glue or slime to TNT, that's never a good idea...

IMarv

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Two picks & moss - that's an option I wish I had thought of before my steel one broke that time^^

I think I just got the worst nether spawn ever: A very crowded portal completely covered in Netherrack. No going forward, no going back, just going in and dying before the server even synced. Worst part: I was stupid enough to go back in again, wasting all the damascus steel I had left for armor instead of a new hammer.
And while making those, two Belphs came into my base (note to myself: always close nether portals), set my ceiling on fire, spawned a ton of cinders and killed me over and over again. The only way I could escape was to destroy my bed, walk back and wait at a safe distance until they despawned.

Why am I playing this pack again? :D

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Two picks & moss - that's an option I wish I had thought of before my steel one broke that time^^

I think I just got the worst nether spawn ever: A very crowded portal completely covered in Netherrack. No going forward, no going back, just going in and dying before the server even synced. Worst part: I was stupid enough to go back in again, wasting all the damascus steel I had left for armor instead of a new hammer.
And while making those, two Belphs came into my base (note to myself: always close nether portals), set my ceiling on fire, spawned a ton of cinders and killed me over and over again. The only way I could escape was to destroy my bed, walk back and wait at a safe distance until they despawned.

Why am I playing this pack again? :D

We ARE all playing this pack because we are masochists and CLEARLY enjoy the punishment that Eyamaz dishes out to us...

Clearly we all need help! :)

Radid

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone available to help me? My BnB keeps crashing usually during startup, but some times soon after loading the world.the client just disappears with no error message.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone available to help me? My BnB keeps crashing usually during startup, but some times soon after loading the world.the client just disappears with no error message.
BnB folder - minecraft - ForgeModLoader-client-0.log
open in text editor, copy and upload to pastebin.com and drop a link.

EDIT: This is assuming you have no crash log in the crash reports folder.

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
I think we all play this pack not only for the level of masochism it offers but for the sheer fact it takes everything we know about the mods included and makes us work for things and play past our usual level of play to get them. I know my favorite part of the pack is how well the mods compliment each other and intertwine rather than just exist with a possibility of being overlooked entirely.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I can't fit the whole log FBL log in...need Pro account :*(. but I did get a crash-reports file
http://pastebin.com/GrfJW6Ms
Looks like it's trying to unload a chunk which doesn't exist? I don't have the old logs to compare, but this looks like the "nether crash" other people experienced.

EDIT: Next time it crashes before the client finishes loading, the modloader file should have a crash report at the bottom of it that you can copy without taking the whole file.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
More thoughts, more questions....

The dream world as the fantasy ore dimension.... The thought is certainly cool, having to collect things in a dream and use ender magic to transport them back to the real world. Being chased by a near invincible nightmare.... Once you get into a good dream though, basically all danger disappears. What are your thoughts on this @Eyamaz? Does it have a replacement coming in 2.0, or do you have ideas on toughening it up?

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
More thoughts, more questions....

The dream world as the fantasy ore dimension.... The thought is certainly cool, having to collect things in a dream and use ender magic to transport them back to the real world. Being chased by a near invincible nightmare.... Once you get into a good dream though, basically all danger disappears. What are your thoughts on this @Eyamaz? Does it have a replacement coming in 2.0, or do you have ideas on toughening it up?

I agree. While it's kind of a pain in the ass to get there, once you do... there's little reason to leave. Between always being daytime, and no mobs spawning, the danger is gone. I mean food grows there twice as fast (no down time for night), so you don't even have to worry about hunger. It would seem that having it twilight forest style might be a little bit better. Mobs don't spawn on the surface because it's light enough to stop them, but it's not considered day so have plants not grow. And I found I'm better off NOT lighting up my tunnels, that way bats and slimes will spawn.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. While it's kind of a pain in the ass to get there, once you do... there's little reason to leave. Between always being daytime, and no mobs spawning, the danger is gone. I mean food grows there twice as fast (no down time for night), so you don't even have to worry about hunger. It would seem that having it twilight forest style might be a little bit better. Mobs don't spawn on the surface because it's light enough to stop them, but it's not considered day so have plants not grow. And I found I'm better off NOT lighting up my tunnels, that way bats and slimes will spawn.

I like to think of it as a nice relaxing break in what has been a horribly tense ride, before the crap really hits the fan... :)

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
I like to think of it as a nice relaxing break in what has been a horribly tense ride, before the crap really hits the fan... :)
Agreed. And it's not like you don't still have a ride in the nether to do or the end to continue with machines etc. I like the break. Could it be rougher maybe. Should it be that's debatable lol.

Reactions: Sim...