Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The death creeper thing makes me laugh.

Yes, they can aquire the jumping traight. Many of the mobs can.

My personal favorite thing was the first time I logged in to play on the pledge server. Zombie picked up and threw a baby zombie (with sword) INTO the top floor of a rogue like I was on. The baby zombie then jumped up through a hole to the roof and knocked me off into the pile of zombies and creepers below.

It was a very unfortunate set of RNG for me.

Reactions: Blood&Scott&Bones

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

My personal favorite thing was the first time I logged in to play on the pledge server. Zombie picked up and threw a baby zombie (with sword) INTO the top floor of a rogue like I was on. The baby zombie then jumped up through a hole to the roof and knocked me off into the pile of zombies and creepers below.

ahahahahahahahahaha :p

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019

Evil begets evil... :p

CaTalen

Jul 29, 2019
Is the creation of Foul Fume in the Witches Oven (Witchery mod) a known bug in 1.1.3 (playing on the pledge server)? One of the previous notes mentioned an erratic bug possibly linked to the client OS. I'm on Mac 10.9.4.

If others have this problem it's worth noting that Foul Fume may be obtained in an alternate and expensive way through the Distillery.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Question about 2.0. Seeing as the wither is a pushover with ways to make the fight require 0 effort, are there any mods which are planned to be used to make him more challenging? Do any even exist? My searching has come up utterly blank. I suppose MobProperties could edit him in a limited fashion, but ya, limits.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Is the creation of Foul Fume in the Witches Oven (Witchery mod) a known bug in 1.1.3 (playing on the pledge server)? One of the previous notes mentioned an erratic bug possibly linked to the client OS. I'm on Mac 10.9.4.

If others have this problem it's worth noting that Foul Fume may be obtained in an alternate and expensive way through the Distillery.

It isn't intuitive from NEI, but you can also get Foul Fume by cooking foodstuffs in the Witches Oven (I only know because I saw Anesos do it).

Reactions: Anesos

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
ahahahahahahahahaha :p
i just played on Forsaken, it feels like its on peaceful mode, there are no mobs at night. do you think you can get this fixed?
I traveled over 7k blocks and during the night time i seen 0 mobs.
I like that the server is lag free but this is something that makes it hard to play there.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Question about 2.0. Seeing as the wither is a pushover with ways to make the fight require 0 effort, are there any mods which are planned to be used to make him more challenging? Do any even exist? My searching has come up utterly blank. I suppose MobProperties could edit him in a limited fashion, but ya, limits.

mobproperties can do a lot, actually. This was how I was going to do a lot of the mob adjustments in 1.2. Still Planning on doing that in 2.0 also.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
mobproperties can do a lot, actually. This was how I was going to do a lot of the mob adjustments in 1.2. Still Planning on doing that in 2.0 also.
I know, I've looked into what it can do. I feel like the Wither needs a lot of loving though, and I'm not sure MobProperties can do enough. Like HEE enderdragon level of loving. Not that I know what it needs; my creativity is near non existent. :p *Shrug* Unless I get more ideas, I'll have to just wait and see what you come up with. :p

EDIT: Just asking because of my usual random ideas on things to make. :p

i just played on Forsaken, it feels like its on peaceful mode, there are no mobs at night. do you think you can get this fixed?
I traveled over 7k blocks and during the night time i seen 0 mobs.
I like that the server is lag free but this is something that makes it hard to play there.
Ya.... We've never really been able to figure out what's causing it, or it would've been fixed long ago.

So far your prediction seems true... lol.
Of course, it is Eyamaz afterall. :p

Reactions: Eyamaz

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I've looked into what it can do. I feel like the Wither needs a lot of loving though, and I'm not sure MobProperties can do enough. Like HEE enderdragon level of loving. Not that I know what it needs; my creativity is near non existent. :p *Shrug* Unless I get more ideas, I'll have to just wait and see what you come up with. :p

EDIT: Just asking because of my usual random ideas on things to make. :p

Ya.... We've never really been able to figure out what's causing it, or it would've been fixed long ago.

Of course, it is Eyamaz afterall. :p
depending on what host you use, MCpanel...ect. there are configs that limit the total count, for a sever you need to bump this up

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
depending on what host you use, MCpanel...ect. there are configs that limit the total count, for a sever you need to bump this up
Forsaken does not use the horrific minecraft server hosts.

EDIT: Anyways, Forsaken has been hosting servers a long time, and there is nothing which should be stopping the spawning.

Last edited:
W

WillThGreat

I just uploaded the first episode of my Blood N' Bones Let's Play on YouTube. It's going to be fun (I use that word loosely), considering I know close to nothing about FTB in general. Feel free to leave any tips or corrections in the comments section of the video.

I fully expect to die several times throughout this playthrough, but I guess we'll see how long I can survive. There should be at least two episodes of Blood N' Bones per week. I would do more, but I already upload six days a week and am currently doing two other Let's Plays. On top of that, I stream three to four times a week on Twitch. Speaking of which, I may stream some of this pack once I get comfortable streaming/recording at the same time.

That's all for now. If you do watch the video, thanks. I appreciate it. If you enjoyed it, consider liking it or even subscribing to the channel if it isn't too much trouble. Either way, thanks again for watching!

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I just uploaded the first episode of my Blood N' Bones Let's Play on YouTube. It's going to be fun (I use that word loosely), considering I know close to nothing about FTB in general. Feel free to leave any tips or corrections in the comments section of the video.

I fully expect to die several times throughout this playthrough, but I guess we'll see how long I can survive. There should be at least two episodes of Blood N' Bones per week. I would do more, but I already upload six days a week and am currently doing two other Let's Plays. On top of that, I stream three to four times a week on Twitch. Speaking of which, I may stream some of this pack once I get comfortable streaming/recording at the same time.

That's all for now. If you do watch the video, thanks. I appreciate it. If you enjoyed it, consider liking it or even subscribing to the channel if it isn't too much trouble. Either way, thanks again for watching!

Nice to see another youtuber join the fray. I wonder if you can survive a whole hour without starving. :D

EDIT: Slightly unfortunate that you started now, as 1.1.4 will be coming out soon. Shouldn't be much of a problem though, as no world reset "should" be required.

W

WillThGreat

Nice to see another youtuber join the fray. I wonder if you can survive a whole hour without starving. :D
I think that's going to be the main issue for the first few episodes. I simply don't know which foods to make next, and I'll need to come up with thirty different kinds if I plan on surviving on one life.

edit I hope a world reset isn't necessary. I'd be fine with switching over mid-series so long as the changes wouldn't be too significant to the point where it'd call for a new save.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's going to be the main issue for the first few episodes. I simply don't know which foods to make next, and I'll need to come up with thirty different kinds if I plan on surviving on one life.

edit I hope a world reset isn't necessary. I'd be fine with switching over mid-series so long as the changes wouldn't be too significant to the point where it'd call for a new save.
Don't worry too much about the update, Eyamaz is good at keeping resets away.

Have some tips now that I've watched your video.... It's only 6 types of food you would need to come up with. :p Right click crops to harvest without breaking them. Find snow and a pumpkin if you can so you can get yourself a snowman. Infinite snow for smoothies. Collect that cauldron so you can melt it down for an easy jump to the iron tier of tools. Avoid spawners, I did mean things to them.

Reactions: WillThGreat