Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
At y=10.
Thanks for the spreadsheet. I was wondering because anything else seemed to spawn around there.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm just gonna post this in here: you can skip the copper material tree by throwing iron fences (which you can find in roguelike dungeons) into a smeltery. They are harvestable by flint tools.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm just gonna post this in here: you can skip the copper material tree by throwing iron fences (which you can find in roguelike dungeons) into a smeltery. They are harvestable by flint tools.
Also cauldrons, I think. At least I've skipped copper a few times with them. It's not that big of a deal.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't work with cauldrons for me. A great source of iron though.
Just tried it again, I could pick it up with my flint pickaxe. I'm on the latest version. But yeah, starting near a village is awesome: you get free crops, iron to melt down, and sometimes beneath the cauldrons there's chests with diamonds and gold. :)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried it again, I could pick it up with my flint pickaxe. I'm on the latest version. But yeah, starting near a village is awesome: you get free crops, iron to melt down, and sometimes beneath the cauldrons there's chests with diamonds and gold. :)

Odd, never seen that. My chests in the witches huts have had a couple witchery components like fur of bat, etc.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I think the cauldron is intended, but I'm not sure breaking iron bars with a flint pick is. I know you didn't used to be able to do that at least... Hrm...

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
I want to start with witchery. My hard part is the water artichoke. I got some seeds and put them on water. After growing I only got the artichoke but no additional seed. Is there a special tool or other trick to get more seeds? The drop rate from grass is very low.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, never seen that. My chests in the witches huts have had a couple witchery components like fur of bat, etc.

I've seen a house with a 2x2 interior with a rowan tree log and a cauldron, that must be the witchery house. The hidden chest is not in that one, it's in a long house underneath the cauldron in a corner. That house must be vanilla.

Krakel said:
I want to start with witchery. My hard part is the water artichoke. I got some seeds and put them on water. After growing I only got the artichoke but no additional seed. Is there a special tool or other trick to get more seeds? The drop rate from grass is very low.

For what I've seen, witchery crops have many stages, and in some of them you can get the final product (in this case, the artichoke) without a seed, or vice versa. You need to wait for the final stage to get both the final product and the seeds. This has happened a lot to me with Belladonna and Snowbell flowers.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if we can expect any further updates for BnB on MC 1.6? Seems like there are still some fairly broken pieces in the BnB late game and I was wondering if those will be fixed anytime soon. I was looking to start a server with a friend and didn't know if I should wait for a possible upcoming update, or just enjoy what we have now. I really don't want to start and then have to restart a new world a few weeks later.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if we can expect any further updates for BnB on MC 1.6? Seems like there are still some fairly broken pieces in the BnB late game and I was wondering if those will be fixed anytime soon. I was looking to start a server with a friend and didn't know if I should wait for a possible upcoming update, or just enjoy what we have now. I really don't want to start and then have to restart a new world a few weeks later.
There is a 1.1.4 planned.

I'm curious what you're referring to as broken in the late game though.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Yes. I'm doing a 1.1.4, but I'm moving a few more things from the 1.2 branch backwards and pushing the major rebalance into MC1.7.10 (BnB 2.0.0).

However, I'm working on the oreGen for the 1.7.10 packs right now. That's going to take me most of the weekend with the new things I am doing.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

What are the things you think are broken? Just curious. Broken as in 'can't progress' or broken as in 'this makes it too easy' ?[DOUBLEPOST=1406828276][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've seen a house with a 2x2 interior with a rowan tree log and a cauldron, that must be the witchery house. The hidden chest is not in that one, it's in a long house underneath the cauldron in a corner. That house must be vanilla.

That's the house i was referring too, in the villages. You obviously have better luck than i do. The chest under the cauldron i look in have dog tongues and other fun stuff, not useless diamonds :(

Deo504

Jul 29, 2019
So in 1.1.3 i use the brew of sleeping and i get the downloading terrain screen but i just reappear in the over world with my normal inventory