Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
When I look at my map, it shows a 16x16 area loaded, and it shows entities in that area. So ok, maybe not quite twice as big, but it is still an extra 256 chunks that don't need to be loaded.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
When I look at my map, it shows a 16x16 area loaded, and it shows entities in that area. So ok, maybe not quite twice as big, but it is still an extra 256 chunks that don't need to be loaded.

Somehow I was thinking it was much smaller than that, but you're right 16x16 is the spawn area. But the rest of my comments stand at least for vanilla mechanics (I know, not quite applicable here, but it gives us a start). Vanilla mechanics say that hostile mobs despawn automatically when they're more than 128 blocks away from a player, with an exception for mobs that have picked up items. They also do not move unless a player is within 32 blocks. This means that when the game goes to process those spawn chunks, even if there are mobs there, it essentially sees nothing to be done and passes right over it. Now, I know that some mods in this pack may cause mobs to NOT despawn, but I highly doubt any of them do much to cause the mobs that far away from the player to need "processing". No processing means no lag added, and no reason for Mojang to treat singleplayer different from multiplayer.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I'w wondering what map mod do you add to this pack @Eyamaz? Since it is cool to see the map doesn't revealed all of the places. Can't seems to find any mod that is related to the map in the folder.

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
I'w wondering what map mod do you add to this pack @Eyamaz? Since it is cool to see the map doesn't revealed all of the places. Can't seems to find any mod that is related to the map in the folder.
what do you mean "doesnt reveal all of the places"? you probably have it in underground mode

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
what do you mean "doesnt reveal all of the places"? you probably have it in underground mode

It is like there is some fog on the map and when you explore the area then the map opens up.
Ex: when first starting up you'll notice in your radar that there is some black spots on it. And what you see on the radar is only the places you have explored / maybe the loaded chunks. Usually like zan's minimap your map will already explored when you first starts up. But this map have some black spots / unexplored parts on the radar that only opened up when you go to the black spots on the radar. I hope you know what i mean

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
That would be Opis, alternatively you could use mapwriter which is the same mapping mod as Opis just minus all the awesome tools Opis adds.

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
That would be Opis, alternatively you could use mapwriter which is the same mapping mod as Opis just minus all the awesome tools Opis adds.

Huh didn't know opis have map. But thanks for the info :).

Oh and one more thing, anyone have the harvestlevelconfig of BloodandBones but the oredictionary version one?
Since BloodandBones use the ID version to determine the harvest level and since I use my own private modpack there are ID differences between mine and eyamaz's so i can't really use the id version it could mess up everything.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
Actually yes, it did, thank you so much :-D It ended up not really being that bad. The whole part where he talks about just walking back to your base made me laugh. You can't go very far in Blood n Bones without any food. And it didn't help that as soon as the game started, I spawned inside of a glacier and died, lol. But that tested my curiosity as to if it would still have my spawn point set (seeing as how all I replaced was the level.dat file), but it didn't. Funny thing was that it didn't really generate that much new land even, so the maps not that funky. And where it did, I was actually about to head that way next. So it was almost even a little bit of a short cut, lol.

There is one down side though. Right next to spawn is a village. Which wouldn't be so bad, except that seeing as how it's so close to spawn, those chunks are force loaded by the server. So I imagine that the first time night falls... that village is screwed. Probably gonna kinda cheat a little bit and set spawn back to where it originally was... mostly just to save the village...

But this leads me to two questions I have. First: I read that it's not possible to unload spawn. Which is really dumb and annoying in a single player game. I mean all it does is forces my computer to have twice the area loaded that it needs, to no benefit. But the post I found about that was a few months old. So I just thought I would see if that has changed, or if anyone has found a work around. I know I could move spawn to my base (where I am most of the time), but I don't want to use it as a free "chunk loader". I'd rather just have it gone.

Second question: Why isn't world spawn set at 0,0? It seems to me that would be the logical place to start a map. Not at some random coordinate.
No problem, happy to help! :D Yeah, my seed also had a village right by the spawn, it was actually my first house. And you're right, right now mine is a smoking crater. Luckily I have two more in less than 20 chunks distance, so it's not that bad.

By the way, is it weird that I only been invaded once, and that no meteors are spawning, like at all? I've played a few full days time by now, and absolutely no meteors...

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I was thinking it was much smaller than that, but you're right 16x16 is the spawn area. But the rest of my comments stand at least for vanilla mechanics (I know, not quite applicable here, but it gives us a start). Vanilla mechanics say that hostile mobs despawn automatically when they're more than 128 blocks away from a player, with an exception for mobs that have picked up items. They also do not move unless a player is within 32 blocks. This means that when the game goes to process those spawn chunks, even if there are mobs there, it essentially sees nothing to be done and passes right over it. Now, I know that some mods in this pack may cause mobs to NOT despawn, but I highly doubt any of them do much to cause the mobs that far away from the player to need "processing". No processing means no lag added, and no reason for Mojang to treat singleplayer different from multiplayer.

All I know is that this mod pack seems to lag a lot more than when I play Monster w Gregtech added in. Doesn't take as long to load (GT takes forever to load...), but doesn't run as smoothly. Which just kinda surprises me, because I believe Monster has 200ish mods, which is like 33% more than Blood n Bones. And maybe the monsters in the extra loaded chunks don't matter. But I know that they do process differently than vanilla, or other mod packs. It's the mob griefing that causes them to act differently and take up more resources, as I understand it. They might still do nothing way over there, I don't know. I just know that this pack is more resource intense than a pack that's quite a bit bigger than it.

I've had no invasions or meteors myself either... I had heard something about Eyamaz changing the way that invasions worked so that it wasn't based on time anymore but progress (or gathered resources I imagine), but not sure if that happened or not. As far as meteors, I've been very surprised that in none of my worlds have I ever seen a meteorcraft meteor.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I believe meteorcraft might be gone. I haven't seen any at all in 1.13, with a lot of hours put into the world.

I know I'm mining a lot more, and some things are a lot more precious. Platinum especially. After a while, meteorcraft was adding so many ores to the countryside I didn't bother mining them unless needing something for a project. Glad to see it gone.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Meteorcraft was removed in 1.1 because it was giving too many easily obtainable ores. Now that Eyamaz has redone the ore generation and posted the chart, you know exactly which level to go for to get various ores and meteorcraft wasn't really needed anymore. I think there was also a problem with nor being able to configure it for specific ores and meteor types. And it really made a mess of things. Even the defense guns just splattered ores all over the place.

Hostile world portals now show up more than 2x later in the game. But once it arrives, you can't close it with a bucket of water anymore. You have to go in and fight the boss! (or leave it open and deal with waves of invaders...) So I think the idea is to make it late enough that you can be geared up and ready to take on the boss by the time the portal opens. The resource thing is going into the HW mod for MC 1.7, so that will likely be in a future version.

On the performance side, yes it's less mods overall, but there are some CPU hungry mods in here. The special AI for the mobs, zombie awareness, etc... It's always going to be a pretty demanding pack both on the players and the computer.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a small issue... I used the Infernal Infusion from Witchery, and I can't seem to sacrifice zombie pigmen to get their powers. It's probably because they are being replaced by the Special Mobs version, I thought. So I disabled in the configs the replacement:
Code:
pigzombie_rates {
    # If this false, vanilla pigzombies will be replaced with similar Special Mobs versions if not "special".
    B:_allow_vanilla=true # Was 'false' originally
I tested it afterwards, and it's working properly now, and sometimes special versions for the pigman still spawn. Any reason the configs are set like this?

Radid

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone planning on starting a new server that I can join? I really want to get into BnB multiplayer but don't have anyone to play with :(

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if its possible but a slight suggestion with the M3 chests, is it possible to have them upgrade similar to how the Iron Chests Mod does? so we don't have to empty them to upgrade them? just makes upgrading tedious having to relocate things to 2+chests to make 1.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if its possible but a slight suggestion with the M3 chests, is it possible to have them upgrade similar to how the Iron Chests Mod does? so we don't have to empty them to upgrade them? just makes upgrading tedious having to relocate things to 2+chests to make 1.
I don't think Metallurgy has that feature :/

What you can do to make it easier is use the Space hotkey from Inventory Tweaks (hold Space key then click on an item in an inventory, and all of the items from that inventory are moved to your inventory, and vice versa). That and a few extra chests to hold the items while you upgrade the Metallurgy chests, makes it slighly easier.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any special rules for tin to spawn? I've been strip mining for hours and have found lots of other ores, but no tin, even though the Metallurgy wiki says that tin is quite common (60 ores per chunk)?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any special rules for tin to spawn? I've been strip mining for hours and have found lots of other ores, but no tin, even though the Metallurgy wiki says that tin is quite common (60 ores per chunk)?
What level, and what pack version? I think it's usually around Y=20, at least in 1.1.1 where I'm playing.