Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the need of difficulty-increasing mods in this modpack to keep it hardcore, but it is so extreeemely frustrating and heartbreaking to me that no matter how nice a food I create, I CAN ONLY EAT ONE!!! If I endeavor to eat another it wastes any higher quality I worked for. Maybe allow atleast two meals before a diminishing return? I mean, who really gets tired of a meal after one try?

In the most recent version, 1.1.2 you can eat 5 of any item before its DR kicks in at which point its nutritional value drops 20%

Could someone give me a quick hint? I'm trying to replace MapWriter (the mod is ok, but I find Zan superior, not to mention that teleporting inside solid objects is starting to seriously burn me), and I can't find the mod at all. There's nothing even close when looking at the mod files.

Also, one aspect of Hunger Overhaul seems to be that eating the same food over and over makes that food useless, and you have to switch to something else. It's the only thing that's really bugging me. I can't find that bit in the config. Any ideas where to go?

You can manually install Zans. Just copy the mod file from another pack. As for the food its due to the Spice of Life configs. Not being able to rely on one food is a feature of this pack to help make it even more challenging. You cant live of strawberries alone in reality, you cant in BnB.

Hmm... I'm really not sure what's going on for you. I just tried creating a new 1.1.2 world and confirmed that smoothies all appear to work properly. I get back 1.5 hunger and 0.5 health for each one I eat. If you're already watching for Spice of Life diminishing returns, I'm not sure what else would cause this.

Likewise! I have no clue whats going on. I will reinstall the pack after some lab work later, But before that I will grab some before and after shorts of me eating as proof of no healing happening.

reyak

Jul 29, 2019
You can manually install Zans. Just copy the mod file from another pack. As for the food its due to the Spice of Life configs. Not being able to rely on one food is a feature of this pack to help make it even more challenging. You cant live of strawberries alone in reality, you cant in BnB.

Thanks for the Spice of Life help. I know it makes it a bit more realistic, but it's also very irritating. Also, nourishment should never drop to nothing at all.

The map file I was looking for was Opis. I ditched it, and I'm good to go.

As for the map, thank you, but I've already got Zan installed. What I need to do is ditch MapWriter. I've got two maps running now, and they overlap. My issue is that although I know the name of the mod, I can't find it in the mods folder. It's renamed. I was wondering if someone could tell me the new name, so I can delete it. This was my reason for my bit about renaming all of your mods before adding to a pack.

Last edited:

Jacuza87

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I just want to report a possible mistype in one of the configs.

For Thermal Expansion strongbox recipe, at first i assumed it was just removed/disabled for this modpack, but i find that some items like Deep Storage and Machinist's Workbench uses strongbox as a recipe, so i took a peek into the minetweaker configs and noticed that for all 4 strongbox has a # in front of the line "recipes.addShaped" which in my understanding it will treat the line as a note rather than a config. i.e:

#Change strongbox to require brass chest and hepatizon.
recipes.remove(<2007:1>);
#recipes.addShaped(<2007:1>, [[null,oreDict.ingotHepatizon,null],[oreDict.ingotHepatizon,<929:0>,oreDict.ingotHepatizon],[null,oreDict.ingotHepatizon,null]]);

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having fun with Blood N Bones. Took my entire base apart and went on exploring (away from the invader portal surrounded by gas) to find a new base.

Bagpacks and Knapsack combo! Plus that crafting bag is nice.
FLntha4.png

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I just want to report a possible mistype in one of the configs.

For Thermal Expansion strongbox recipe, at first i assumed it was just removed/disabled for this modpack, but i find that some items like Deep Storage and Machinist's Workbench uses strongbox as a recipe, so i took a peek into the minetweaker configs and noticed that for all 4 strongbox has a # in front of the line "recipes.addShaped" which in my understanding it will treat the line as a note rather than a config. i.e:

#Change strongbox to require brass chest and hepatizon.
recipes.remove(<2007:1>);
#recipes.addShaped(<2007:1>, [[null,oreDict.ingotHepatizon,null],[oreDict.ingotHepatizon,<929:0>,oreDict.ingotHepatizon],[null,oreDict.ingotHepatizon,null]]);

Strongboxes were removed i believe

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So is it intended that machinists work bench and deep storage unit was removed I get deep storage...but why machinists work bench? And why not just make the recipes non existent or impossible ie bedrock

Strongboxes will be available under a special circumstance in the 1.2 series. No, I won't tell you how you have to get it. I like surprising people.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Strongboxes will be available under a special circumstance in the 1.2 series. No, I won't tell you how you have to get it. I like surprising people.
... Well erm I have a surprise for you! It's that *thinks of a way to get strong box's* *gets one* I know that strong box's are from chests being struck by lightning! I'm right aren't I? Yep completly right, right to the max!

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the Spice of Life help. I know it makes it a bit more realistic, but it's also very irritating. Also, nourishment should never drop to nothing at all.

The map file I was looking for was Opis. I ditched it, and I'm good to go.
It's Minecraft and one of the great things about Minecraft is being able to play it how you want. Everything from creative mode to hardcore / highly difficult packs.

While you can change to Zan's minimap and remove Spice of Life, I hope people don't. Zan's is better and that's why it isn't included. You're not supposed to be able to see all of the mobs on your minimap / have a perfect automatic cave mapping. Both of those make it easier to play the pack. Yes, you can remove Spice of Life, but it was added to push you to explore more food options and removing it is just the easy way out.

If we're going down this route, why not disable hardcore darkness? It's annoying as heck in a lot of situations too. Then let's pull out Hostile Worlds because the portal and invaders are annoying. How about special mobs? Man I hate splitting/drowning/mini-creepers! The list goes on of course and we can make it easier and less annoying with many different changes.

There are tons of easy packs in the launcher. What makes BnB special is that it's carefully crafted to have just the right balance of difficulty without being impossible. Again, it's Minecraft and of course people can play as they wish, but I urge you all to play BnB for what it is. Don't make arbitrary changes to the pack to make this, that, or the other thing easier. Find ways to deal with the difficulty. It pushes you to try new things and find ways to solve problems. You'll miss out on the fun if you take the easy way out.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
It's Minecraft and one of the great things about Minecraft is being able to play it how you want. Everything from creative mode to hardcore / highly difficult packs.

While you can change to Zan's minimap and remove Spice of Life, I hope people don't. Zan's is better and that's why it isn't included. You're not supposed to be able to see all of the mobs on your minimap / have a perfect automatic cave mapping. Both of those make it easier to play the pack. Yes, you can remove Spice of Life, but it was added to push you to explore more food options and removing it is just the easy way out.

If we're going down this route, why not disable hardcore darkness? It's annoying as heck in a lot of situations too. Then let's pull out Hostile Worlds because the portal and invaders are annoying. How about special mobs? Man I hate splitting/drowning/mini-creepers! The list goes on of course and we can make it easier and less annoying with many different changes.

There are tons of easy packs in the launcher. What makes BnB special is that it's carefully crafted to have just the right balance of difficulty without being impossible. Again, it's Minecraft and of course people can play as they wish, but I urge you all to play BnB for what it is. Don't make arbitrary changes to the pack to make this, that, or the other thing easier. Find ways to deal with the difficulty. It pushes you to try new things and find ways to solve problems. You'll miss out on the fun if you take the easy way out.

This!
Also I seem to have found the cause to the food bug. In a non-hardcore world if you die you eating (anything) is not restoring health in any world until after a restart...

Edit: I can confirm after a restart eating restores health again.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
This!
Also I seem to have found the cause to the food bug. In a non-hardcore world if you die you eating (anything) is not restoring health in any world until after a restart...

That sounds like a bug you should report to Hunger Overhaul.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Detailed the issue on Iguanas github for hunger overhaul. At least now others on here will be aware if they run in to it
I'll look into this. It could also be caused by something The Spice of Life does when integrating with Hunger Overhaul.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
This!

I can't seem to reproduce this. Can you detail the exact steps you went through to cause this? Where did you die? Where did you respawn? What food did you try to eat after you died?

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to reproduce this. Can you detail the exact steps you went through to cause this? Where did you die? Where did you respawn? What food did you try to eat after you died?

I'm on v 1.1.2 Regardless of where I die. I respawn at the spawn go back to me stuff, on like two or so hearts, eat and no health regen. I close the game and reopen it, eat and I regen health. I have tried it with smoothies and juice.

Edit: I can't replicate it now either.

Last edited:

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on v 1.1.2 Regardless of where I die. I respawn at the spawn go back to me stuff, on like two or so hearts, eat and no health regen. I close the game and reopen it, eat and I regen health. I have tried it with smoothies and juice.
Still unable to reproduce the bug. I've died multiple times and after each time I'm still able to gain health from eating juice. Has it happened to you more than once? Is it consistent? You need to give me as much detail as you possibly can, otherwise there's nothing that I can do.

If anyone else has experienced the bug or can reproduce it, let me know.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Still unable to reproduce the bug. I've died multiple times and after each time I'm still able to gain health from eating juice. Has it happened to you more than once? Is it consistent? You need to give me as much detail as you possibly can, otherwise there's nothing that I can do.

If anyone else has experienced the bug or can reproduce it, let me know.

Its happened more than once. Not always after dying, I have had it happen on hardcore worlds where I have been eating and just no health has been regained. But its not consistent it seems. If it happens again I will let you know and exactly how I died etc.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to force an invasion portal to spawn in a test world? I found the /hw command and tried to use /hw invasionPortal [start, true, 1, go, doitnowdangit!] but none worked out...

I wanted to force one to spawn and watch how the gas is created and stuff. Just curious if nothing else. :)

Minefrier

Jul 29, 2019
This is a new "feature" with NEI, been doing it for a while, basically every new world has separate NEI settings so you need to click on the Global button in NEI options so you can change the World settings.

Thanks for that. Seems I'm alone in this.
Reinstalled the pack (1.11) and retried. All is well. I guess something got messed up on my side..

Reactions: kaocrat