Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. This was the original reason icy needles glowed :( something I forgot to fix inb4 the update.
I played in the configs a bit and figured out how to do this in case anyone wants to do a quick change while Eyamaz is on travel.

You can add ,10886-78=12 to the end of the LightItems line in the DynamicLight_thePlayer.cfg and DynamicLights_otherPlayers.cfg to make your icy needles glow again.

The 12 is the light level. Torches are 15. I tried 12 a bit and it seemed sufficiently spooky in a dark forest, but the official update might use a different value. Also, I think dynamic lights is only client side, so this should work even if your server isn't updated (but I didn't test to be sure...).

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I played in the configs a bit and figured out how to do this in case anyone wants to do a quick change while Eyamaz is on travel.

You can add ,10886-78=12 to the end of the LightItems line in the DynamicLight_thePlayer.cfg and DynamicLights_otherPlayers.cfg to make your icy needles glow again.

The 12 is the light level. Torches are 15. I tried 12 a bit and it seemed sufficiently spooky in a dark forest, but the official update might use a different value. Also, I think dynamic lights is only client side, so this should work even if your server isn't updated (but I didn't test to be sure...).

On 1.1.1 it was set at 15, but I like the idea of being a little spookier...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
On 1.1.1 it was set at 15, but I like the idea of being a little spookier...
Yeah, you don't see much with it at 12, but it's enough.. maybe?
[Edit: I certainly won't complain if Eyamaz wants to set it at 15. :) ]

Confirmed now that it works client side. So you can make this change right now for either SSP or SMP. The server doesn't need to update.

Last edited:

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what changes were made in 1.1.2?
I'm sure VikeStep will do a much better job, but I was curious too so here's a few things in the interim:

- Added bnbTweaks mod (whatever that does)
- Updated extraTiC 0.8.0 to 0.8.3
- Updated Glenn's Gases and Core 1.4.4.2 to 1.4.4.3
- Updated harvestcraftWaila 1.0.2 to 1.0.4
- Updated Metallurgy 3.3.3.1 to 3.3.3.5
- Added modTweaker 0.2a
- Updated Roguelike Dungeons from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 (and config changed to make towers obsidian for now)
- Updated Spice of Life from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3c (fixes rounding issue, and config updated with post-1.1.1 formula)
- Updated TicTooltips, TicTweaks, and Tinker's SteelWorks to current versions.
- Updated Witchery from 0.18.4 to 0.19.1

Other than the couple of things noted above, I don't have details on what any of these updates do, or how the configs have been changed. But hey, maybe it's better than nothing for tonight. :)

Reactions: VikeStep

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure VikeStep will do a much better job, but I was curious too so here's a few things in the interim:

- Added modTweaker 0.2a
- Updated Roguelike Dungeons from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 (and config changed to make towers obsidian for now)
- Updated Spice of Life from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3c (fixes rounding issue, and config updated with post-1.1.1 formula)

Other than the couple of things noted above, I don't have details on what any of these updates do, or how the configs have been changed. But hey, maybe it's better than nothing for tonight. :)
It looks like bnbTweaks is Eyamaz's doing. It seems like it nerfs ores in the smeltery to only provide one ingot (by injecting some bytecode or something... I can't really make much sense of it).

EDIT: It patches Metallurgy's recipe handler. In what way, I'm not sure.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

- Added modTweaker 0.2a

Thanks, I will have the changelog up tomorrow. just got one last exam left and study comes first.

Reactions: Anesos

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Right now all it does is fix ExtraTiC smelting recipes not respecting the Tinkers Construct "ores per ingot" config option.

Github repo

EDIT:
It looks like bnbTweaks is Eyamaz's doing. It seems like it nerfs ores in the smeltery to only provide one ingot (by injecting some bytecode or something... I can't really make much sense of it).

EDIT: It patches Metallurgy's recipe handler. In what way, I don't know.
Yeah, it injects this code into ExtraTiC's _addMeltingOreRecipe function:
Code:
if (par1.startsWith("ore"))
     par3 = tconstruct.util.config.PHConstruct.ingotsPerOre;

Reactions: Anesos

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
To see if I could work around the metals problem i've encountered on the pledge server, i downloaded Java 8, and got rid of Java 7. Sure enough, it brought ores inline. Unfortunately, it did so by changing what i had mined, what's in the ground, and what i have at ingots to the incorrect ore :) So instead of having zinc smelt/crush to silver, my zinc ore is silver ore (whether in the ground or mined) and I still can't make a darn chest. Same with nether metals, like sanguinite and vulcanite.[DOUBLEPOST=1403109666][/DOUBLEPOST]
They only drop golden swords.

Get in line for a recipe fix then :)

Parnelli

Jul 29, 2019
Is the complete absence of chickens part of the challenge of BNB? I've searched far and wide and have yet to find one. It's making witchery impossible to start. I've even cleared many chunks of other life in the hopes of getting chicken spawns but so far nothing respawns. Is that normal?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Is the complete absence of chickens part of the challenge of BNB? I've searched far and wide and have yet to find one. It's making witchery impossible to start. I've even cleared many chunks of other life in the hopes of getting chicken spawns but so far nothing respawns. Is that normal?
depends a lot on the area, i've got some around me and seen a lot in new areas. Some of the lycanite mobs attack anything, is a problem.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
They are fairly scarce. Just keep looking, it took me about three minecraft days to find some.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently having issues with actually get food to heal me, currently trying smoothies but no healing is taking place. currently using 1.1.2 of BnB. Any suggestions?