Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I’m looking for some guidance on the invasions. We had our first portal spawn on our little 5 man server and we’re pretty much done for. As we plan to restart the world for 1.2.0 anyway I went into creative to see what exactly it’s all about but I’m still not sure what the process is supposed to be.

I understand that to close the portal you need to pour water into the frame. I first went through the portal to see what is on the other side. I found the big pyramid and saw a boss health bar that was slowly dropping. Once it dropped to zero a number of invaders spawned but none of them made a move towards the portal. I killed them all, got some drops and went back through the portal. I then closed it with water.

So I have some questions.

Do you have to go through the portal or can you just close it?
What is the point of going through?
What is the boss health bar?
Is there an actual boss somewhere?
What is the particle glove for that the mobs drop?
After I closed the portal the cloud remained. Does it dissipate over time? Is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I’m looking for some guidance on the invasions. We had our first portal spawn on our little 5 man server and we’re pretty much done for. As we plan to restart the world for 1.2.0 anyway I went into creative to see what exactly it’s all about but I’m still not sure what the process is supposed to be.

I understand that to close the portal you need to pour water into the frame. I first went through the portal to see what is on the other side. I found the big pyramid and saw a boss health bar that was slowly dropping. Once it dropped to zero a number of invaders spawned but none of them made a move towards the portal. I killed them all, got some drops and went back through the portal. I then closed it with water.

After I closed the portal the cloud remained. Does it dissipate over time? Is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks

I can answer a few of your questions.

You don't have to go through the portal.
The point of going through is to kill the boss and get the particle glove.
The boss health bar is for the boss...
The boss spawns and currently gets stuck in the pyramid where it suffocates.
I'm not sure what the glove does though :/
The cloud is electric gas from Glenn's Gases. It won't dissipate and there's currently no good way to get rid of it.

Hope I helped :)

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently having issues with actually get food to heal me, currently trying smoothies but no healing is taking place. currently using 1.1.2 of BnB. Any suggestions?
1.12 really uses food saturation more. Smoothies being 'unfullfilling' fill you up but you get hungry quick, I'm guessing they may also suck at healing now. Try bread, or any type of baked item. Sugar plus dough plus fruit

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently having issues with actually get food to heal me, currently trying smoothies but no healing is taking place. currently using 1.1.2 of BnB. Any suggestions?
I'm not aware of a change here in 1.1.2. You should get back 1/2 of a heart when you eat a smoothie.

It's controlled by Hunger Overhaul and these lines:
Code:
    # Amount of health food restores is the food value divided by this number (foodRegensHealth must be true)
    I:foodHealDivider=3

# Eating food regenerates health
    B:foodRegensHealth=true

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Thats what I thought but after refilling my hunger bar with smoothies my health is still a single heart :/

I presume those are the config settings. I will check them in the morning.

P.s. Enjoying watching your season 2 of BnB

Reactions: Anesos

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Thats what I thought but after refilling my hunger bar with smoothies my health is still a single heart :/

I presume those are the config settings. I will check them in the morning.

P.s. Enjoying watching your season 2 of BnB
Are you keeping the Spice of Life diminishing returns in mind?

Reactions: Anesos

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Hey All,

I’m looking for some guidance on the invasions. We had our first portal spawn what little 5 man server and we’re pretty much done for. As we plan to restart the world for 1.2.0 anyway I went into creative to see what exactly it’s all about but I’m still not sure what the process is supposed to be.

Thanks
The glove is a magically OP item that someone should nerf
It closes the portal and does this.
1. You charge it by right clicking on a.Water b.a placed torch or c. I think redstone...
2. You right click I think? To activate its abilities you toggle through them with a key idk what it is for you.
3. There is a shield ability that idk how you activate it but mobs can not touch you
4. The glove consumes NOTHING you just charge it...

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz

kaocrat

Jul 29, 2019
This might seem kind of stupid, but, is there a way to enable cheat mode for NEI? In other Modpacks I can just click a toggle button in the NEI options to switch over to cheat mode, but in BnB when I toggle cheat mode I still can't spawn in items. Every now and then my game crashes and I've lost items this way which I'd like to be able to spawn back in. Anyone know a way around this?

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to download the modpack? I need some help.
It's right in the launcher... Have you looked through about half of the list?
79f7e80964.jpg

Minefrier

Jul 29, 2019
First time posting, Love the pack. Much more challenging in SP than MP due to MP servers often having to install anti-griefing mods but still fun.

I'm sure my question is answered in one of the preceding 107 pages but I can't find - probably just bad choices in my search criteria.

Is there a client side fix (or any fix) for the messed up recipes in NEI relating to tinker's?
e.g. my nei says that in order to make molten nickel (3197) I need to smelt all manner of items such as grout (1476:1).
Also if i smelt ferrous Ore (2001:4) I will get molten platinum(id unknown).

Sorry it's probably a repeat question so I hope I am not yelled at :)

Keywords for heling future searchers find this post: NEI Error Recipe Mismatch Blood Bones FTB Tinkers

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
This might seem kind of stupid, but, is there a way to enable cheat mode for NEI? In other Modpacks I can just click a toggle button in the NEI options to switch over to cheat mode, but in BnB when I toggle cheat mode I still can't spawn in items. Every now and then my game crashes and I've lost items this way which I'd like to be able to spawn back in. Anyone know a way around this?
This is a new "feature" with NEI, been doing it for a while, basically every new world has separate NEI settings so you need to click on the Global button in NEI options so you can change the World settings.

Reactions: kaocrat

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
The glove is a magically OP item that someone should nerf
It closes the portal and does this.
1. You charge it by right clicking on a.Water b.a placed torch or c. I think redstone...
2. You right click I think? To activate its abilities you toggle through them with a key idk what it is for you.
3. There is a shield ability that idk how you activate it but mobs can not touch you
4. The glove consumes NOTHING you just charge it...
It should use your hunger bar to charge itself.

EDIT: Nice job on BnBTweaks @squeek502, ASM and class transforming ftw. I had been thinking about doing something similar with another mod for the pack this past week lol. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: squeek502

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
First time posting, Love the pack. Much more challenging in SP than MP due to MP servers often having to install anti-griefing mods but still fun.

I'm sure my question is answered in one of the preceding 107 pages but I can't find - probably just bad choices in my search criteria.

Is there a client side fix (or any fix) for the messed up recipes in NEI relating to tinker's?
e.g. my nei says that in order to make molten nickel (3197) I need to smelt all manner of items such as grout (1476:1).
Also if i smelt ferrous Ore (2001:4) I will get molten platinum(id unknown).

Sorry it's probably a repeat question so I hope I am not yelled at :)

Keywords for heling future searchers find this post: NEI Error Recipe Mismatch Blood Bones FTB Tinkers
I've never heard of this one exactly before... but there is some problems with Java 8 and Metallurgy right now. Sounds like maybe that's what you're hitting? Try specifying java 7 in your launcher and/or generate a new world and see if it looks right there.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I am, 5 of one item then switch. I have never seen any health regen from eating juice or smoothies yet and its been killing me repeatedly :/
Hmm... I'm really not sure what's going on for you. I just tried creating a new 1.1.2 world and confirmed that smoothies all appear to work properly. I get back 1.5 hunger and 0.5 health for each one I eat. If you're already watching for Spice of Life diminishing returns, I'm not sure what else would cause this.

reyak

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone give me a quick hint? I'm trying to replace MapWriter (the mod is ok, but I find Zan superior, not to mention that teleporting inside solid objects is starting to seriously burn me), and I can't find the mod at all. There's nothing even close when looking at the mod files.

Also, one aspect of Hunger Overhaul seems to be that eating the same food over and over makes that food useless, and you have to switch to something else. It's the only thing that's really bugging me. I can't find that bit in the config. Any ideas where to go?

Just a quick hint to modpack developers out there: I suggest renaming all of your mods before doing anything. example;
a09565063dd31d31d3ee0418b478eb80.jpg

It's just a suggestion. I've found that it is far simpler to work with, and faster.

post script: I've been getting jacked, by the way. This modpack is severely stressful. I love it. I've only been playing for a day or so, and have already come up with some delightful new curse combinations.

Last edited:

gr71cj5

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the need of difficulty-increasing mods in this modpack to keep it hardcore, but it is so extreeemely frustrating and heartbreaking to me that no matter how nice a food I create, I CAN ONLY EAT ONE!!! If I endeavor to eat another it wastes any higher quality I worked for. Maybe allow atleast two meals before a diminishing return? I mean, who really gets tired of a meal after one try?

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
This is a new "feature" with NEI, been doing it for a while, basically every new world has separate NEI settings so you need to click on the Global button in NEI options so you can change the World settings.
worst new "feature" ever. wish the author would revert this.[DOUBLEPOST=1403162603][/DOUBLEPOST]
I understand the need of difficulty-increasing mods in this modpack to keep it hardcore, but it is so extreeemely frustrating and heartbreaking to me that no matter how nice a food I create, I CAN ONLY EAT ONE!!! If I endeavor to eat another it wastes any higher quality I worked for. Maybe allow atleast two meals before a diminishing return? I mean, who really gets tired of a meal after one try?
this is not intended. i haven't tried 1.1.2 yet, but you should be able to eat an item 5 times, not once, before seeing diminishing returns.

lBankedl

Jul 29, 2019
Im looking for a 3-5 player server for blood and bones to potentially record and upload i just fancy a break from single player and would like to play with others for a different experience you can reply here or twitter @lBankedl :) thanks