Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dodara87

Jul 29, 2019
Ok im sorry to write this.. i know im sounding like a noob but how do i download this mod? like on a server and on singleplayer?
because i really wanna play it!
Go to this site: http://www.feed-the-beast.com Download the launcher (exe or jar). Put the launcer in a folder on your main drive (something like "C:\") Start the launcher. Log in. In the options tab set RAM Maximum to 4GB. In the modpack tab find blood and bones, select it and click launch in the bottom right. Wait for it to download. You need premium minecraft account.

samarrathore

Jul 29, 2019
Hey man! thanks for the tip but i downloaded the launcher (jar) and i got the file but now i have no clue what to do! please help!!

Bluesnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to lower the overall mob spawn rate server side? When I have multiple players on I get quite a few mobs and it spikes to the load average to the point of block lag. Also in ver. 1.1.1 I noticed berries no longer heal you or base foods in general. Do they have to be crafted into other food types to gain a healing effect?

damunzy

Jul 29, 2019
Also in ver. 1.1.1 I noticed berries no longer heal you or base foods in general. Do they have to be crafted into other food types to gain a healing effect?
Make a juicer. Materials required: 3 smooth stone. I have never done this, just read about it. :)

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to lower the overall mob spawn rate server side? When I have multiple players on I get quite a few mobs and it spikes to the load average to the point of block lag. Also in ver. 1.1.1 I noticed berries no longer heal you or base foods in general. Do they have to be crafted into other food types to gain a healing effect?

Food heals at 1/3 the rate of the hunger it restores, rounded to the nearest half heart. Therefore, food that only give you half a hunger would only heal .1666 health which rounds to 0. Like damunzy referred to, turning the juice to berries increases the hunger received to a full point which gives you half a heart of health (.333 rounds up to .5).

Glassmaker

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but why are they getting mixed up? It's just strange to me that the Java version could result in a different integer. I'm a certified Java developer, you can talk technical with me :p

The integer incrementing is correct, but the information is not stored in the List<Map> as same order that is put into it.
So, if you using your for loop increment it won't match the order, the thing Java 8 ordering is different than Java 7/6 , so that caused the issue with the Meta IDs

Here is an example code: http://pastebin.com/hzqbfcQN , and Java 8 result http://pastebin.com/Rqev94tZ, Java 7/6 Result http://pastebin.com/1tvYg9wi

Well, and I am sorry for this, but I will have to go with my official stand point.

Java8 is still new and, though I have been following the openjdk dev, is to "fresh" to support. Since I don't accept bug reports to FTB with j8 at this time, I would say push the static metaIDs to the j7 defaults. I'll wait and push BnB as 1.2.0 instead of 1.1.2. I'll do the same to Horizons.

Okeo, I will be working on Adding J7 Metas

@Eyamaz
It's not just ores that change IDs. This is what I get when I attempt to load a world created in 1.8 with a client using 1.7:
103e10b069.png

Anything relating to metal seems to change.
I will look more into this, and make sure the items aren't effected, but so far the tests shows that they are not effected.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
In the mean time, I will push 1.1.2 with all the current bug fixes later today. This won't have the new content.
All the new content (loot, dungeon themes, etc,) will go into 1.2.0 since I'll have to recommend a world reset with it. Better to deliver all the new with new.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
In the mean time, I will push 1.1.2 with all the current bug fixes later today. This won't have the new content.
All the new content (loot, dungeon themes, etc,) will go into 1.2.0 since I'll have to recommend a world reset with it. Better to deliver all the new with new.
Will it contain the dream world fix?

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
The building goes surprisingly fast. It's getting the materials that can take time. Last map I started a sandstone fortress in the desert. This meant a lot of gathering sand and sandstone that wasn't contributing to anything else. And was greatly helped along by pillaging two desert temples for the sandstone. We got it mostly finished before restarting the map last month, but it could be a pain. Stone brick is much easier. Early on, set up some chests to save your cobble. Take plastic bags to hold stacks, then work up to backpacks. Take a crafting table with you, and compress cobble to cut the weight. I usually make 8-12 furnaces at first, feed them with planks. Later, when i get to iron, and a falling axe, i set up hoppers for cobble, bricks, and fuel, and just have two furnaces always making bricks. When you get to a cobble gen, then it gets real easy.

I play on a couple of servers:

That build is on Bnb.lolnet.co.nz where Dez and I are playing. Dez owns the ftb servers on lolnet. No matter what modpack we are playing, we like to build large.

The other server i play on is the pledge server Eyamaz set up for people backing him on Pantreon. I'm doing a city in a redwood grove with the small buildings supported by tree trunks. Advantages: Wood for building material is plentiful. Mobs scream in fury just below me. Disadvantage: Fire, especially from lightning. I quickly learned that stonebrick slab roofs are sort of essential and to trim walkways in stone so i have an outline if i need to rebuild.[DOUBLEPOST=1402590669][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sadly, it's a server, so no invasion portal. HW is off by default.

But you don't need that big wall before an invasion. You live in someplace small. Make bricks, build the wall as you go. When it's complete you do the stuff inside. HW would add the twist of periodic visitors. Each building needs to be a bit up in the air. For the desert build we had an outer wall and courtyard. Then each building was on pillars.
I played on a smp server once. It had so few mobs at night I could actually walk around at night without armor, and no hostile worlds so I didn't need to build a base off the ground. SMP makes the pack easier and without invasions breaking into your place every once in awhile and letting other mobs in, it's just not as scary. In single player I have at least 20 mobs surrounding my base at night and the invaders get into my base about once every one to two minecraft weeks and appear in groups of 3 to 6.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
I played on a smp server once. It had so few mobs at night I could actually walk around at night without armor, and no hostile worlds so I didn't need to build a base off the ground. SMP makes the pack easier and without invasions breaking into your place every once in awhile and letting other mobs in, it's just not as scary. In single player I have at least 20 mobs surrounding my base at night and the invaders get into my base about once every one to two minecraft weeks and appear in groups of 3 to 6.
i'd suggest you find a way to prove this theory before assuming it is true. anecdotally, i recently experienced the total opposite in my most recent sp world.i can't explain it, because i've had worlds where mobs were both plentiful and rare. on both sp and mp. i think the presence of water on the surface near you base, and even underground caves and dungeons can drastically change the number of mobs you find on the surface. so...

also, i'm vaguely remembering reading that 1.1.1 recently nerfed the zombie awareness, so they won't come from miles away every night to form a moaning horde outside your base like they used to in 1.0.7. not sure the reasoning behind that change, but this might also be what you're witnessing.

to that end, i can tell you my opinion. mp is not "easier" than sp. it is more fun to collaborate, and less boring, for sure, but i don't see it as easier.

Reactions: Doctorious

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

Is there any solutions to auto back world and restarting a server that you haven't bought through a service hosting for this modpack?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
i'd suggest you find a way to prove this theory before assuming it is true. anecdotally, i recently experienced the total opposite in my most recent sp world.i can't explain it, because i've had worlds where mobs were both plentiful and rare. on both sp and mp. i think the presence of water on the surface near you base, and even underground caves and dungeons can drastically change the number of mobs you find on the surface. so...

also, i'm vaguely remembering reading that 1.1.1 recently nerfed the zombie awareness, so they won't come from miles away every night to form a moaning horde outside your base like they used to in 1.0.7. not sure the reasoning behind that change, but this might also be what you're witnessing.

to that end, i can tell you my opinion. mp is not "easier" than sp. it is more fun to collaborate, and less boring, for sure, but i don't see it as easier.

True ish.

The change was disabling scent . It was causing some bad lag issues combined with the other AI.

This makes a drastic change under certain circumstances.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019

I've never had a sp that was rare on mobs unless I built in the middle of the ocean. I agree it's more fun to play with others and I will agree I probably have a very skewed view having only tried one bnb smp, theForsakenNetwork. So my assumptions are based solely off that one experience, knowing the mob cap is split among everyone one on the server, and that without invaders, mobs never get into my bases.

StarryNights

Jul 29, 2019
Uh I just downloaded the modpack and I go to play it to find my body all messed up
Also I'm getting super low FPS so is there a way to download optifine with this also

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had a sp that was rare on mobs unless I built in the middle of the ocean. I agree it's more fun to play with others and I will agree I probably have a very skewed view having only tried one bnb smp, theForsakenNetwork. So my assumptions are based solely off that one experience, knowing the mob cap is split among everyone one on the server, and that without invaders, mobs never get into my bases.

There was a point where mobs were disappearing, both in single player and on multiplay servers. I had a singleplayer world where i went from having a horde of 50 around me at night, to just wandering the desert looking for mobs because i needed the bones. Right now, I find the amount of mobs on servers to be deadly as hell. Daytime is sort of safe, but still has small rushes of mobs out of nowhere depending on caves and geography. Very not safe most of the time. Suicidal with no armor when you are starting out.

I will agree servers are easier. Simply because you have the option to log out at night. That once change makes a huge difference. After that, it depends on the server. I've seen servers with infinite water, and commands to let you teleport to players, spawn, and a homepoint. This makes things hugely different from single player. The only way SMP is more difficult is regards to resources like villages, temples, and witch huts. Last guy to go exploring needs to travel pretty far to find them.

Reactions: Stroam

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Long time reader, first time commenter. Anyways, just wondering if anyone knew what could cause my world to crash and stop working. I was playing a single player world and doing pretty well when two Trents appeared. I was attempting to hit their feet through my stone brick wall when the whole game crashed and now every time i try to log into that world the game crashes. I tried deleting my character file but that didn't help. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Also, @Eyamaz you've got an awesome thing going here. Keep up the good work.
Brent

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Long time reader, first time commenter. Anyways, just wondering if anyone knew what could cause my world to crash and stop working. I was playing a single player world and doing pretty well when two Trents appeared. I was attempting to hit their feet through my stone brick wall when the whole game crashed and now every time i try to log into that world the game crashes. I tried deleting my character file but that didn't help. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Also, @Eyamaz you've got an awesome thing going here. Keep up the good work.
Brent
Can you provide the crash report?

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I would but there doesn't appear to be one. It just begins loading the world and then says "shutting down internal server" and then all the windows close.
that'd be an error code you are not seeing. Can you create a new world? The log files should be located in your BloodnBones file.