Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Should I be worrie if I haven't seen any invasions in 1.1. ? :D I haven't changed anything in the configuration file besides the Creeper Silver Spawning and SoL configs ; ).

Solved: Missed the SMP Part of the pack.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
You only get this message >_<

1fUgpcC.jpg

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble finding diamonds in 1.1.1? I dug out an entire chunk so I could see 4-8 and didn't find a single diamond... I don't know if other generations overwrote the diamonds or what.

EDIT: Tried a second chunk in an extreme hills biome, same result...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Just analyzed all 3080 chunks of my current 1.1.1 world.

548 diamonds from Y= 0 to 4 [Edit: Actually 1 to 4. 0 is all bedrock of course]
517 diamonds from Y= 5 to 8
4 diamonds from Y=9 to 28
Generated new world with 1.1.1 release without BoP enabled.

So yeah, about 1000 diamonds total over 3000 chunks. Ouch. Not likely to find any diamonds in the overworld at least. Perhaps Nether diamonds are a better chance...? Eyamaz?

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorious

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

548 diamonds from Y= 0 to 4

So yeah, about 1000 diamonds total over 3000 chunks. Ouch. Not likely to find any diamonds in the overworld at least. Perhaps Nether diamonds are a better chance...? Eyamaz?

That's not even close to being what should be set...
Diamonds shouldn't even be generating below Y4 in the OW...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
That's not even close to being what should be set...
Diamonds shouldn't even be generating below Y4 in the OW...
Thought maybe I did something wrong, so tried it again. This time I just looked for all diamonds at all levels and came up with 1075 total diamonds.

For what it's worth, here's how I checked:
- Copy map to temp folder
- Open level.dat with MCEdit
- Get out of Chunk View (TAB toggles - if you start in it)
- Control-A to Select All
- Click the Analyze button (Analyzing 201850880 blocks (Y=0 to 256), or 3080 chunks)
- Sort by name: Diamond Ore (ID 56:0) = 1075

You can also click and drag the top or bottom faces or use the Nudge buttons with Q and Z to move the top or bottom of the selection up and down if you want to see specific Y levels.

Maybe I did something wrong...? But I think this makes sense (other than the amount of ore generated...)

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
No, you did it right, that is not the generation I have set for diamonds though.
Yeah, as far as I can see, the config matches the spreadsheet... Not sure what's going on. I can dig around and do some more testing again tomorrow if needed, but out for tonight.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
What do I do when I get to an area that is nothing and I can see the other side, it's like a flat ravine but looks like chunks didn't load.

70Th8Mo.png

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Just relog. It's a strip of chunks where somehow not sent from server to client.

Was kinda panicking since I went to the other side and had the same thing. Hopefully it's not the same north and south wise else I'm stuck in that area @_@. Will try it later

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble finding diamonds in 1.1.1? I dug out an entire chunk so I could see 4-8 and didn't find a single diamond... I don't know if other generations overwrote the diamonds or what.

EDIT: Tried a second chunk in an extreme hills biome, same result...

Yeah OW Did not get me many diamonds at all, I found most of mine in the nether or while raiding the dungeons.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a seed where where a forest/plains meets a desert and a swamp/jungle next to an ocean far away from a mushroom biome full of hellspawn all within 100 x 100 area.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a seed where where a forest/plains meets a desert and a swamp/jungle next to an ocean far away from a mushroom biome full of hellspawn all within 100 x 100 area.

Try Anesos seed: "Eyamazing!!!"

You have almost all that, except the ocean. You can check it on his 2 series of FTB in youtube[DOUBLEPOST=1402324570][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do I do when I get to an area that is nothing and I can see the other side, it's like a flat ravine but looks like chunks didn't load.

70Th8Mo.png

If you are playing on a server, just it F3+A to reload the chunks. Sadly, in singleplayer, although it reloads the chunks, it doenst fix the missing chunks, so you have to quit the world and enter it again.

Reactions: Anesos

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

548 diamonds from Y= 0 to 4 [Edit: Actually 1 to 4. 0 is all bedrock of course]

Hey Anesos I did a similar analysis and got different numbers than you. I checked 2351 chunks but have scaled everything out of 100 to make comparison easier.

Out of 100 chunks I found
15 diamonds from Y= 0 to 4
47 diamonds from Y = 5 to 8 (vs 16/100 for you)
0 diamonds from Y = 9 to 28

I found diamonds to be about 3 times as numerous from 5-8 as you did. It's still lower than what the configs should be generating but not quite so bad.

I also checked the amount of smooth stone between 5-8 to see if there was room for diamonds to spawn and 80% of blocks are smooth stone so that doesn't appear to be the problem.